Which would you choose?

Tink1987

DIS Veteran
We are starting to make firm plans for our trip to Tokyo/TDR in 2015. We are pretty gutted right now as we really wanted to visit for cherry blossom season but looking at Japan school calendars, the holidays will be smack bang in blossom season :(

So I have been reading that the 2 weeks of April before Golden Week are one of the best times to visit - the kids will be back at school and we will be gone by the time Golden week starts.

Or do we go the first two weeks of December - pros are - Christmas decorations, cold but very little rain and kids in school. Only thing putting me off is it getting dark at 4:30pm not sure why really :) is all of the merchandise taken over by Christmas stuff though??

Which one would you choose? Thanks for any help you can offer :)

I'd go in April. December is really cold and dry. April is warmer and you might be able to catch early cherry blossoms (try the Miurakaigan area) or the ume blossoms which I believe are a little earlier. Middle of April, you might catch regular hanami season too.

Did I mention December is really cold? :)

I vote April. You might be lucky and catch some early cherry blossoms, but Tokyo is still lovely in the spring. I'd definitely take the warm weather over the winter. (Especially if you're doing some exploring beyond just the parks.)

Thanks very much both - we were leaning towards April so think we will stick with it. We are touring around Japan after TDR as well so will hopefully see some cherry blossoms. The crowd calendars look the best at that time also.

I agree with April as well. I went in early April 2 years ago and the parks weren't busy at all.

I would pick April too.

The only thing is that a couple of people mentioned about "early Cherry blossoms", but unless you go far up North, you will be too late for cherry blossoms if you go in the mid/late April (before the golden week). I just wanted to mention as I don't want you to be disappointed. Cherry blossoms season is about the same time as the Japanese Spring Break which is from the end of March to early April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter