Which would you choose & why?

married2mm

DIS Veteran
Thinking ahead to next year (as you do)

Currently contemplating a few different resorts for split stay and possibly offsite villa too-depending on our length of stay.

Specifically for mk;
Considering either a one night stay at a monorail resort or 2 nights in a wilderness cabin

I like the wl resort as we could park right next to cabin
It would be primarily used as a rest period stop-before heading out again

I like the monorail resorts as we could leave the car at mk parking lot-hop over to resort on monorail-have snooze time; then monorail/boat back.
My concerns are the cost!? & the distance from the monorail to our room -I'm guessing certain rooms are much closer/farther away than others?

Pros & cons for both please..

Thinking ahead to next year (as you do)

Currently contemplating a few different resorts for split stay and possibly offsite villa too-depending on our length of stay.

Specifically for mk;
Considering either a one night stay at a monorail resort or 2 nights in a wilderness cabin

I like the wl resort as we could park right next to cabin
It would be primarily used as a rest period stop-before heading out again

I like the monorail resorts as we could leave the car at mk parking lot-hop over to resort on monorail-have snooze time; then monorail/boat back.
My concerns are the cost!? & the distance from the monorail to our room -I'm guessing certain rooms are much closer/farther away than others?

Pros & cons for both please..
If it's a difference of 1 night or 2- then stay at Ft Wilderness. There are a million pros for the other 3- but 1 night on the monorail is just a tease!

I am confused. Why would you leave the car in the MK parking lot instead of the resort parking lot? The distance from the monorail to your room is not far, the MK resorts are not spread out, huge resorts

I am confused. Why would you leave the car in the MK parking lot instead of the resort parking lot? The distance from the monorail to your room is not far, the MK resorts are not spread out, huge resorts

Dmil is in a wheelchair and her preference is being in the car-
2nd choice monorail
3rd choice boat
Not doing buses again at any cost.

Our room at the Contemporary in the Garden Wing was 1/2 mile to the center of Fantasy Land so if you stay there no need to have your vehicle at MK lot, way further. Oh sorry I didn't see your above post about the w/c so walking isn't the best.

If you stay in a monorail resort, you will spend as much time traveling from the TTC parking lot (likely by monorail) as you would have just taking the monorail in the first place.

If you stay in a monorail resort, you will spend as much time traveling from the TTC parking lot (likely by monorail) as you would have just taking the monorail in the first place.

Ahhhh, now I get it! OP meant to drive from the resort to the MK parking lot and then take the monorail from the TTC to the MK.

OP,

The monorail resorts are ON the monorail loop. The resort monorail stops at each of the resorts and at the MK. You will get to the MK just as quick (and via monorail only) directly from the resort. There is no need to drive to the MK parking lot unless you decide to go with the FW cabin. No buses required from MK resorts UNLESS the monorail is not running.

The MK parking lot is the TTC, and you still have to take a boat or monorail to get from the TTC to MK. I'd say your best option in this case would be the contemporary so you can walk to MK

The monorail is a loop that goes to the 3 monorail resorts and the TTC. It would be crazy to specifically drive to the TTC from a monorail resort so you can take the same monorail to the park. When you park at MK it is the TTC so you still have to take a boat or monorail after parking.

The FW cabins are going to be convenient in terms of driving right up to the cabins, obviously. Even though I think you can take a boat from the campground to MK, it could be quite a distance to boat launch.

The monorail resorts are going to be vastly more convenient for MK and Epcot than any other resort. Only need the monorail, no buses, no cars, no boats.

I'm sure it was confusing, but I hope the OP understands now. Being on the monorail line means you wouldn't ever drive to MK.

My DD is in a wheelchair at Disney most days, and honestly the bus is very convenient. The driver will load wheelchairs or scooters first.

I'm sure it was confusing, but I hope the OP understands now. Being on the monorail line means you wouldn't ever drive to MK.

My DD is in a wheelchair at Disney most days, and honestly the bus is very convenient. The driver will load wheelchairs or scooters first.

I was a little confused (it doesn't take much)
Hopefully all good now:lovestruc

We've travelled on Disney buses from resorts to MK previously & I agree -it's a much better/quicker way to visit the park.
However-dmil (86) felt claustrophobic and didn't like all the passengers standing around her.
The journey back was fine-with am crowds though-it wasn't pleasant.

There is always the option of choosing an Uber XL. I took it last trip, and it's nice to have someone drive you if you don't want to deal with driving and parking! The XL ones are big (we needed room for our luggage and DD's wheelchair, so got picked up in a full size SUV with lots of space).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter