Which would be easier?

mastermind307

DIS Veteran
I already have tickets bought for my family. My in-laws have not bought tickets yet. My mother-in-law and I will need to buy/upgrade to seasonal annual passes because I booked rooms at Portofino using the APH rate.

Should I keep my current ticket and upgrade to an AP once we arrive
Or
Should I sell my unused ticket to my father-in-law and just buy an AP before we go?

If you bought ticket through Universal, then there is no cost savings, so could just sell the ticket... But if it's in your name, have to address that... If you are all together shouldn't be an issue.

But be aware of any blackout dates for an annual pass while you are there.

If you bought ticket through Universal, then there is no cost savings, so could just sell the ticket... But if it's in your name, have to address that... If you are all together shouldn't be an issue.

But be aware of any blackout dates for an annual pass while you are there.

I bought tickets through aRes travel company. I did save money when comparing to buying directly from Universal. It does have my name on it, but I asked before buying if I can change the name and was told yes, I just have to call them and they can change it.
I have looked at the blackout dates and there are none for when we are going, June 2-6.

I bought tickets through aRes travel company. I did save money when comparing to buying directly from Universal. It does have my name on it, but I asked before buying if I can change the name and was told yes, I just have to call them and they can change it.
I have looked at the blackout dates and there are none for when we are going, June 2-6.

Well then you may want keep the ticket depending on the savings amount... They should give you Universals price for the ticket as credit to upgrade, so you would save whatever the discount was you got. Then have your in law buy their own discount ticket. All depends on if you want to keep the savings.

Well then you may want keep the ticket depending on the savings amount... They should give you Universals price for the ticket as credit to upgrade, so you would save whatever the discount was you got. Then have your in law buy their own discount ticket. All depends on if you want to keep the savings.

I would like to keep the savings, that was the whole point of buying through a third party vs universal. However, I just have a fear that they won't allow me to upgrade my ticket to an AP. Probably silly, but I've never had to upgrade a ticket before so I'm not exactly sure how it all works.

I would like to keep the savings, that was the whole point of buying through a third party vs universal. However, I just have a fear that they won't allow me to upgrade my ticket to an AP. Probably silly, but I've never had to upgrade a ticket before so I'm not exactly sure how it all works.

People upgrade every day, shouldn't be an issue. Only if you had a complementary ticket that isn't upgradeable would it be an issue.. But you bought the ticket so your good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter