• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which would be better crowd wise? 1st or 2nd week of Dec 2018?

Is the first week better or the second?

• First

• Second

Results are only viewable after voting.

OregontoDisney

Mouseketeer
Planning a trip with another family, they want to go in December which I know will be busy but which might have the lower crowds the first week, or the second? We are doing Mon-Fri.

My guess is the first week of Dec will be slightly less crowded. Mon-Weds will probably be least crowded with Friday being the most crowded.

Salem writing here, 2018 will be the best Christmas month to visit, Thanksgiving is early again this year, almost creating a whole week in November after thanksgivng...this will release tremendous pressure on the holidays. That is why retailers on the news this morning were boasting of holiday sales, because they had those extra days in 2017. The only problem you will have is the Candlelight processional , I can't find a date, but traditionally the first full weekend in December. Monday and tuesday after CP have residual crowds from the event, then the week is empty. The week of the monday the 10th should really be great, because folks who visited in November, won't be crowding up that week, could very well be the best week of the entire year to visit. But, many folks have been here asking about 2018, and who knows how many reading, so first or second week will be great choices. I visit the first week and have yet to have rain, but have had winds and it will not be warm...so do weather research before packing, even if you can handle the cold, it is still sweat shirt weather ( I wear shorts) and at night hats and gloves.

Salem writing here, 2018 will be the best Christmas month to visit, Thanksgiving is early again this year, almost creating a whole week in November after thanksgivng...this will release tremendous pressure on the holidays. That is why retailers on the news this morning were boasting of holiday sales, because they had those extra days in 2017. The only problem you will have is the Candlelight processional , I can't find a date, but traditionally the first full weekend in December. Monday and tuesday after CP have residual crowds from the event, then the week is empty. The week of the monday the 10th should really be great, because folks who visited in November, won't be crowding up that week, could very well be the best week of the entire year to visit. But, many folks have been here asking about 2018, and who knows how many reading, so first or second week will be great choices. I visit the first week and have yet to have rain, but have had winds and it will not be warm...so do weather research before packing, even if you can handle the cold, it is still sweat shirt weather ( I wear shorts) and at night hats and gloves.
Thanks for explaining your reasoning on this. I was wondering about the CP as well.

Early December is one of our favorite times to visit. We usually go on weekends, and it can get crowded, but not nearly as bad as the end of December. The weekdays in early December should be even better. I would guess that the first week will be less busy than the second week. Also, agree with Salem's logic that crowds may be better this year given how early Thanksgiving is.

Based on the last two years, the BEST week is the week after Thanksgiving. If you cannot go that week, the second week is best. The first week has been very busy the last two years. Seems everyone thinks it is slow and is now coming the first week- also busy because it is the last week before some Annual pass holders get blocked.. So week after T-Giving best, second week of December next best, then first week. All weeks starting third and on, forget about it if looking to avoid insane crowds. Could of course change next year, but this is based on last couple of years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter