Hello, want to stay in Disney hotel.
choices atm are
Poly
AOA
Wilderness lodge
Or yacht club
It’s just me and my partner going.
thankyou

Is budget a concern? What parks are you going to spend the most time in?

WL is my personal favorite, not considering any other outside factors

What parks will you be visiting most?
Yacht Club is great because you can walk/take a boat to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Poly and Wilderness Lodge have easy access to Magic Kingdom (and have been recently renovated).

Will you be spending a lot of time at the resort? If so, the deluxe resorts will have a lot more options for dining, lounges/bars, recreation, etc.

AOA is probably the most kid-friendly and might not be the best for two adults traveling alone!

Over Xmas 2022
7 days
We’re also hoping to rope drop a lot and won’t have a car ( if this helps)

Is budget a concern? What parks are you going to spend the most time in?

WL is my personal favorite, not considering any other outside factors
It’s are honey moon so we have a bit more room on budget we’re doing 2 days mk and one day in all the others. We will spend a little time at the hotel but not loads.

I would choose Poly. Easy access to MK by boat or monorail (the Poly station will be open by Christmas). And you can actually walk there if you're really ambitious. You can also take a short walk to the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail which will hopefully be running by that time.

Poly is so romantic at night. I think it's the perfect honeymoon resort at Disney.

I would choose Poly. Easy access to MK by boat or monorail (the Poly station will be open by Christmas). And you can actually walk there if you're really ambitious. You can also take a short walk to the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail which will hopefully be running by that time.

Poly is so romantic at night. I think it's the perfect honeymoon resort at Disney.
Thanks for this. Do you know what polys transportation is like for rope drop!

We have never stayed at either WL or Poly but the fact that it’s now walkable (with the path from GF) makes a huge difference for rope drop as we are Epcot resorts kinda folks! And WL at Christmas is really magical. But if Ohana opens back up that’s a game changer! Well, I guess if Artist Point opened up that too would be a game changer!!!

It’s are honey moon so we have a bit more room on budget we’re doing 2 days mk and one day in all the others. We will spend a little time at the hotel but not loads.
So the biggest attraction of the deluxe resorts is their location. You are going to multiple parks so it wouldn't help that much unless you are park hopping, in which case it might be nice to be in an Epcot resort since it's walkable to Epcot and DHS and you can always walk over at night and have dinner or drinks in World Showcase after spending the day in another park.

However if you plan on mostly being in the parks all day, without much hopping, the location is not as important. In this case I would choose the cheapest resort on your list. Why spend deluxe money when you don't plan on being there that much? Poly has nice theming and all but the prices are outrageous. Spend your money on food instead.

Hello, want to stay in Disney hotel.
choices atm are
Poly
AOA
Wilderness lodge
Or yacht club
It’s just me and my partner going.
thankyou

Never the Poly. Large vermin that scurry about from room to room. Might consider the All-Stars Resorts.

So the biggest attraction of the deluxe resorts is their location. You are going to multiple parks so it wouldn't help that much unless you are park hopping, in which case it might be nice to be in an Epcot resort since it's walkable to Epcot and DHS and you can always walk over at night and have dinner or drinks in World Showcase after spending the day in another park.

However if you plan on mostly being in the parks all day, without much hopping, the location is not as important. In this case I would choose the cheapest resort on your list. Why spend deluxe money when you don't plan on being there that much? Poly has nice theming and all but the prices are outrageous. Spend your money on food instead.
Thank you for this. We are planning on spending most of the day in one park .... hopefully. Is there not any transportation advantages to a better hotel stay.

Thank you for this. We are planning on spending most of the day in one park .... hopefully. Is there not any transportation advantages to a better hotel stay.
Allstars, CSR (plus POR and POFQ when they open) and AKV (also AKL when it opens) have only bus transportation to any park. Most of deluxe resorts have a choice of transportation that includes boat, bus, monorail or walking paths to at least one park.

Allstars, CSR (plus POR and POFQ when they open) and AKV (also AKL when it opens) have only bus transportation to any park. Most of deluxe resorts have a choice of transportation that includes boat, bus, monorail or walking paths to at least one park.
Ok thank you is the choice of transportation worth the extra money though ? If it gets you to the park quicker etc ?

Ok thank you is the choice of transportation worth the extra money though ? If it gets you to the park quicker etc ?
The big advantage is walkability. For ex you can walk to MK (or take monorail) from CR, Poly, or GF. You can walk to Epcot or DHS from Boardwalk, BC, YC, and Swan and Dolphin.

Otherwise, you do not get 'better' or 'faster' transportation in terms of buses.

I'm probably the wrong one to ask. I own DVC because I like spending time at my resort and I bought each of them because of their locations and beautiful grounds.

Quite honestly, if all you want is a place to shower and rest your head, then save your money and choose the cheap resort. Use that money to Uber or Lyft to the parks if you don't want to wait for buses.

I'd vote Wilderness Lodge (WL).

Rooms are (very) recently refurbished. Location is quieter than other resorts, in my opinion. The hotel is nicely laid out. The property doesn't feel too big or expansive. For instance walking from the room to the bus stop won't seem like a marathon.

Very good dining options. Great pool. The best walking/running path on property. Terrific lobby.

Although transportation to the parks is primarily bus, my DW and I have not experienced any horribly, long bus waits. Maybe we were fortunate?

Rooms are less expensive than other deluxe resorts.

It is hard to put it in words, but WL has a great vibe. If you live in a Woods-y, rural area of the country, then this place may feel too familiar and looking at another option, like Yacht Club, may be appropriate for a different feel on your holiday. But, if you are from a metropolitan, urban area or from the desert southwest or something like that, then WL is definitely a unique, fun experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter