Which type of guest has priority?

JFox

DIS Veteran
A local radio station recently had a segment about WDW. They had interviewed a mother whose argument was that "childless millennials" had ruined her childs once in a lifetime trip AND that she had spent $$$$ to make sure her child had a fun vacation. She specifically mentioned character interactions, EPCOT Kidcot stations, unavailable fastpasses and Fantasyland rides.

She said that people without kids didn't really belong at the park and should let children before themselves.

My husband and I take both adult and family vacations. We are in the car now driving back home from our biennial Thanksgiving trip and he and I are going back in January for our anniversary. We all pay hard earned money for a Disney experience. We determine the success of our vacation.

While Disney is marketed to families there are all kinds of types of "families" that visit the resort. Does one type really have priority over the other?

I've been trying to find a polite way to say this, but think I will fail. In any case, not trying to be overly snarky, but why do you care about what some random stranger is complaining about? If you enjoy WDW without kids, then don't worry about it. It's her problem, not your problem.

wow, just wow

Im a solo traveller, no children, 9 visits to Disneyland California and 3 visits to Disneyland Paris. I pay my money to go to Disneyland, therefore I have the same right as anyone else to be there.

Self absorbed, entitled people like her try to push their kids infront of me at parades or other shows I give them the stinky eye, say NO loudly and refuse to let the kid push in.

If I get a Fastpass and your family cant, tough, its first come first served.

If Im sitting at 4 top table on my own, tough I have paid for my food and I have every right to sit at the table provided by the restaurant.

If I want to ride Peter Pan multiple times on my own, I will, tough about you, keep waiting.

If I want to have a teacup to myself and ride multiple times on my own, I will, tough about you, keep waiting.

If I get a carousel horse before your little snowflake, tough about you, keep waiting.

If I wait in line and meet a character and then the character stops meeting after me and needs to take a break, tough, you should be more organised and have got there sooner.

No, no one group is a priority. Everyone pays a lot to go and everyone is in the same boat when it comes to lines, Fp, etc. I’ve done trips with my kids and trips just with adults.
Honestly, if her whole trip was ruined because her child had to wait in line, I think she had very unrealistic expectations and poor planning.

in fact people like that women make me MORE determined to do things as its usually easy to spot THOSE types of families while waiting in line or walking around and yes I dont care, I will walk that bit faster or take my time or spread out more to purposely STOP those entitled space invaders, and yes I will take the last seat before a child or sit at a table longer if a mother like that is standing with food cos her snowflake wants to eat NOW.

NO ONE TAKES PRIORITY.
BTW those "childless millennials" like myself were once children that were taken by their parents each year. Sorry I chose not to pop out a kid because if I did it would be with some random stranger off the street since I don't have a husband either.
Oh and my parents started going in the early 70's before having kids so apparently its also baby boomers that ruined trips back in the day.

A local radio station recently had a segment about WDW. They had interviewed a mother whose argument was that "childless millennials" had ruined her childs once in a lifetime trip AND that she had spent $$$$ to make sure her child had a fun vacation. She specifically mentioned character interactions, EPCOT Kidcot stations, unavailable fastpasses and Fantasyland rides.

She said that people without kids didn't really belong at the park and should let children before themselves.

My husband and I take both adult and family vacations. We are in the car now driving back home from our biennial Thanksgiving trip and he and I are going back in January for our anniversary. We all pay hard earned money for a Disney experience. We determine the success of our vacation.

While Disney is marketed to families there are all kinds of types of "families" that visit the resort. Does one type really have priority over the other?

I personally think this mother needs to get a clue. It's not all about her, or her kids. There are PLENTY of people without kids who can spend just as much money on a Disney trip. It's where my hubby and I went for our anniversary 7 years after we were married. We spent time at Disney and Universal and had an absolute blast. We could move at a different pace without a child and do things that a child wouldn't necessarily enjoy. Now that I have one, I can't imagine not going to Disney without him and doing what now HE enjoys. The unavailable FPs she needs to suck that up....that's just the way it is. What about Fantasyland rides?? People without kids should stay away....oh give me break! :sad2: She CHOSE to let the "childless milleninials" ruin her trip....they didn't set out to do that personally. People without children should let her go first or other people with children go first....uh....no. Have I let an "active" family with kids go ahead of hubby and I in line...I absolutely did, but that was because I could see mom and dad near to their last rope. Have I given up a FP to a family who I think needed it.....yup! Back then it was paper FP and we gave up our two FP that I didn't need to a family of four who had children that didn't need FP. They were EVER so grateful! :goodvibes Can't speak on the Kidcot stations as I've never done them and now I'm told that my 10 year old son might be a little too old for them when we visit in June. By then he'll be 11.

No...one type does not have priority over others. We all spend our money to enjoy ourselves and all deserve the same treatment. There are STILL people to this day who believe everyone that passes them walking by in the FP line are special in some way and paid extra money for the privilege. Nope! I just research my trip before going and know that I'm not standing in line beyond 30 minutes while I'm in Disney. I don't spend over $1000 to stand in line for an hour when there is SO much more I can be doing. ::yes::

Thanks for sharing this! :wave2:

Does one type really have priority over the other?

No.

Except for the Vip tour guest s_s just mentioned.

People like this lady are mind boggling. First she’s guessing as to age. Then guessing if they are childless or just without kids at that moment she saw them.

And of course years from now if her GenZ kids choose to not have kids, I’m sure she’ll still think that they deserve to have priority at Disney.

Ah, I love these types of parents. Her children probably also have a hard time waiting for their turns and sharing. This mom thinks she is the first ever to bring her children to Disney world. How dare people that are not in elementary school go to Disney World!!! Little Timmy had to wait his turn and be patient and this is very hard because we usually let him get his way.

Imagine if adults without children stopped going to Disney? Yes, that is very good for revenue lol! You just have to laugh at people who think they are this entitled lol.

There are rude people with and without kids. But you are asking people online who love Disney . And of course most childless adults in Disney websites are nice people who love Disney and don’t think any group has priority. Then there are others who post don’t have kids or a husband, you see how they behave online and you think “well I wonder why not” Lol

I think that is the same in life too ,some bad apples but the majority kind and fun and patient. Sounds like whoever wrote the article is not in that group, very rude person.

Wow, just wow.
I guess there are all types that feel they are entitled.
We went when we had young kids with us and we go now that we don't have kids with us.
Other than those who pay for the VIP tours, nobody has priority, nor should they.

I dunno - I just can't get riled up by these types of comments. To me, they're not worth any more energy than an eye roll. She's just one of many people who feel entitled. They're often unhappy people in general - I just try to avoid them.

I agree that it isn’t worth getting upset about. Her opinion won’t lead to Disney banning solo travelers. I have been a regular at Disney for 20 years now. Done with kids but most of the time solo. That woman, As clueless as I think she is, is entitled to her opinion. Thankfully it will never become reality

in fact people like that women make me MORE determined to do things as its usually easy to spot THOSE types of families while waiting in line or walking around and yes I dont care, I will walk that bit faster or take my time or spread out more to purposely STOP those entitled space invaders, and yes I will take the last seat before a child or sit at a table longer if a mother like that is standing with food cos her snowflake wants to eat NOW.

I don't think people with children should get to go to the front of every line. I think the caller to the radio show is overreacting.

However I also think it is rude to purposely take up a table you are done with specifically so someone else can not sit down. Don't most people who have a tray of food want to sit down and eat "NOW"? If you are done, why not get up and give the space to someone else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter