• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which TV shows were banned in your household growing up?

Three’s Company and soap operas. I also wasn’t allowed to watch the movie Jaws when I was young. Not sure why Jaws was not allowed.

Not a darn thing. My parents didn't censor us. Heck, my mom used to watch Dynasty with me when I was like 10.

Same! I was allowed to watch anything on tv. I was obsessed with Guiding Light and Knots Landing from a very young age. I was allowed to watch rated R movies from about age 10 or 11 I think, unless the movie was really bad like Fatal Attraction or something. That one had to wait until I was 13.

I might be more strict with my child, but we also didn’t have tv shows like Walking Dead back in the 80s either. My son has watched X-Files and action movies like Die Hard though, so maybe I pretty much am my parents. 🙂

As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I thought "Three's Company"..."too much innuendo" and I was surprised to see it mentioned already a few times!

We only had 3 tv stations at our house, and it was more like 2 (ABC/CBS) and sometimes NBC. Later one, we could sorta tune in FOX, but it required a lot of effort, and it only worked on one TV. There were no banned shows that I can recall.

A lot! The big one was The Simpsons. Of course when I am a teenager, I bust my mom watching it. Same thing with Saturday Night Live. I caught her watching it, so it became our Saturday night ritual. :goodvibes

Jaws was the only thing I wasn’t allowed to watch. My dad was a big fisherman and was afraid it would make us afraid to go into the water.

Here is another vote for “Three’s Company.” I also couldn’t watch “Maude.”

My DH wouldn’t let our daughters watch Three’s Company, but I let them watch it. Most of the jokes/innuendo went over their heads. They loved that show.

Nothing banned in our house. Friends of mine were not allowed to watch The Three Stooges - so if it was on at my house they were glued to the TV! :laughing:

My kids had friends who were not allowed to watch Soongebob Squarepants. I never really understood why because I never got into that show, but my DD loves it.

Nothing banned in our house. Friends of mine were not allowed to watch The Three Stooges - so if it was on at my house they were glued to the TV! :laughing:

My kids had friends who were not allowed to watch Soongebob Squarepants. I never really understood why because I never got into that show, but my DD loves it.

I had a friend whose mother wouldn't let him watch The Three Stooges, so he would come over my house about once or twice a week after school "to study," and we'd watch.

Nothing was banned in our house, but we were only allowed one hour a day to watch tv. I usually used mine to watch Three’s Company after school. I loved that show, but sure didn’t get most of the jokes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter