• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which TS have portions big enough to share?

MissMagnolia

DIS Veteran
We have the DDP and are a family of 2 adults and a DD3 and DS6. My DD3 and DS6 can share a McDonald's Happy Meal and be full. We have booked the following ADRs:

CRT Breakfast
Crystal Palace (dinner)
50s Prime Time Cafe
Boma
Teppanyaki
Le Cellier
Chef Mickey's
Debating on booking Cape May for breakfast

I know that you cannot share buffets, but out of the other TSs which will have servings big enough for sharing? Are there other TS restaurants that we should try?

(Based on average appetites...) 50s Prime Time is the only one for which servings are always big enough to share. For Le Cellier, some menu items are big enough to share, but the children's meals there wouldn't have been big enough to fill our DN1.5. Boma, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Cape May Cafe, and CRT don't allow sharing. Teppanyaki is generally not big enough to share.

If you're willing to make a change, IMO Sci Fi at MGM has portions big enough to share. Last year we went there with free dining - I got a milkshake as my drink with my meal - some sort of chips and dip for my appetizer and a sandwich and fries for my meal - I ended up having to give away to the table next to us (Not on DP) my hot fudge sundae for dessert - I was just way too full.

DH and I have decided that we're going to try to share many more meals this year. Maybe just order a second appetizer or side (like soup) and then share the one meal together. And not only that - we'll try sharing and really if we're still hungry - we can always order the other meal. Since it was so hot when we went in Sept last year I found that I always wanted a cold drink or ice cream shortly after meals anyway so it was better if I wasn't 100% full when leaving...

You might consider paying out of pocket for all or some of your breakfast at CRT. The cost with tax and tip is around $40 for an adult and virtually any one credit TS meal is going to be worth more than $20. It may pay to at least pay for your kids breakfast.

bicker said:
(Based on average appetites...) 50s Prime Time is the only one for which servings are always big enough to share. For Le Cellier, some menu items are big enough to share, but the children's meals there wouldn't have been big enough to fill our DN1.5. Boma, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Cape May Cafe, and CRT don't allow sharing. Teppanyaki is generally not big enough to share.

DH usually can clean his plate, for the most part. When eating out at home, I usually share with DD3. She can usually eat the equivalent of one or two large chicken fingers (cut up), and a bit of a side. Will there really not be enough to share at Teppanyaki and Coral Reef, when taking into account the appetizer, entree, and desert?

I thought I read somewhere that at CRT you couldn't split the meal payment (i.e., I couldn't pay OOP for the 2 adult and use the TS for the child (which would be worth it because a child costs $21.99 - the amount of 2 buffets). Is this true?

MissMagnolia said:
I thought I read somewhere that at CRT you couldn't split the meal payment (i.e., I couldn't pay OOP for the 2 adult and use the TS for the child (which would be worth it because a child costs $21.99 - the amount of 2 buffets). Is this true?

I thought it was CM but even the adult meal costs about as much as almost any other 1 TS meal. It's really not a good use of TS credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter