Which tour with an active 7year old boy?

fluffykim

Mouseketeer
Hi All-

We are all over the place trying to pick the "right" ABD for us. It is me, hubby and our 7 year old son.

He is active, likes to be outside, ride bikes, run around, etc. The last thing I think he would like would be stuck on a bus or in a museum all day.

We have looked at the Wyoming tour, Italy, actually, all of them and my head is spinning.

Any thoughts ideas from all of you who are in the same boat?

Thanks so much all!

Hi All-

We are all over the place trying to pick the "right" ABD for us. It is me, hubby and our 7 year old son.

He is active, likes to be outside, ride bikes, run around, etc. The last thing I think he would like would be stuck on a bus or in a museum all day.

We have looked at the Wyoming tour, Italy, actually, all of them and my head is spinning.

Any thoughts ideas from all of you who are in the same boat?

Thanks so much all!
The one thing I'm going to mention is, the Southwest Splendors trip is a *FABULOUS* trip, but it does contain one very long bus day. Like 4 hours on the bus, then time touring Monument Valley, then another 4 hours on the bus. The guides are really great at helping keep folks occupied, but if your son would be challenged by a long bus trip, that might not be the best choice.

I've heard TONS of great things about the Wyoming trip. And if the number of trips scheduled is any indication, it's an extremely popular itinerary.

Sayhello

Thank you Hello

Im going to read your trip report now.

I guess I should clarify, he (as would I) would be bored if we were all day on a bus most of the trip.

you know those tours where you experience everything from a window? not for us.

: )

Thank you Hello

Im going to read your trip report now.

I guess I should clarify, he (as would I) would be bored if we were all day on a bus most of the trip.

you know those tours where you experience everything from a window? not for us.

: )
Oh, well, you will find that *none* of ABD's tours are that kind of tour. I would NEVER be happy on that kind of tour! The buses ABD uses are transportation to get you from place to place. These are definitely *NOT* "bus tours". There are always a ton of activities involved.

Enjoy my report! :) It's one of the best vacations I've ever taken.

Sayhello

We did the Discovery Down Under tour this past summer and it was amazing! My kids are 15, 12, and 8. There were plenty of kids on the trip, and I don't think that they were ever bored. We did have to use a bus to get from place to place, but it was very interactive. We loved it and can't wait to do another tour.
From the itineraries, it looks like ALL the trip would be like ours, none just sitting on buses.

Good Luck!

We did the costa Rica last year with an active 5 year old boy and had a blast. Our son gets travel sick so I am acutely aware of the amount of travel time, in fact this year we wanted to do the san Fransisco trip but were very aware that it had some very long journeys on a coach.

We have booked the wyoming trip this year because it all takes place in a small area with short distances... it also comes very highly reccommended for boys!!

Our son grew tremendously from the Costa Rica experience experience, I cannot reccommend it highly enough (see page 5 - for my notes) - as an only child sharing it with other children was also a very special experience.
I hope you make the right choice for you ... I know Disney will make it a special one regardless

We did the costa Rica last year with an active 5 year old boy and had a blast. Our son gets travel sick so I am acutely aware of the amount of travel time, in fact this year we wanted to do the san Fransisco trip but were very aware that it had some very long journeys on a coach.

We have booked the wyoming trip this year because it all takes place in a small area with short distances... it also comes very highly reccommended for boys!!

Our son grew tremendously from the Costa Rica experience, I cannot reccommend it highly enough (see page 5 - for my notes) - as an only child sharing it with other children was also a very special experience.
I hope you make the right choice for you ... I know Disney will make it a special one regardless

Costa Rica, for sure. My active twelve year old loved it. Zip lining (you may need to be eight eight years old to participate), white water rafting, hiking in the rain forest. They kept us busy. No long bus trips, we took two short "in country" plane flights. We also did a caving tour on our own while in the Arenal area. Perfect for active families who don't want to do "museum type" trips.

I would wholeheartedly agree with the Costa Rica idea. We did this tour back in August and it was much more 'physical' activity-wise that our previous ABD Knights&Lights experience. The kids (ours and others on the tour) had a blast and were plenty worn out at each day's end!

Cheers....

Thank you so much.

I think Costa Rica looks amazing, but you do need to be 8 to do the zip line and that would stink for him!

We have our hearts set on Germany. That trip looks amazing and I look forward to reading more reports.

Kim

The Peru trip was VERY active. There was hiking every day, and tons of ruins to climb all over. Time on the sprinters (small bus) was limited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter