• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

which stroller...

MrsDopey

I Love Dopey!!
We have a Chico stroller that is the full size ( one that comes with the travel system- carseat,etc...)

Then we have an Uppa baby G luxe umbrella stroller

I am having a really hard time deciding which to bring.

The OCD part of me says to bring the Uppa baby because
its an umbrella stroller
its folds/travels easily
it has a storage bag

The other 1/2 of me says bring the larger stroller because
it has a larger storage area underneath
it has 2 top cup holders and then a snack tray for 2 yr old
the seat lays completely down
however it is larger and may be harder on the bus?

HELP!!! WWYD!?!?

We used our Graco travel system stroller on our first trip. It was horrible. The storage was nice, but lugging it on the busses was a major pain. Our second trip we took the umbrella stroller... MUCH nicer. Our next trip we bought a Britax B-Agile which is almost exactly like the City Mini (it locks and can stand on it's own when folder) to make the busses even easier!

We have the Inglesina Zippy and Maclaren Quest strollers - I MUST take the Zippy - but it has a much better fold and weight than the Chicco...

We have taken the zippy and more recently the BJ Citi Mini Double on the bus, and its really not that much of a pain...the chicco wouldnt be as troublesome as that is I'm sure...

I wouldnt let the bus be a factor in your decision...

That being said - think about what features you really need...we dont use the cup holders much because things get warm quickly in the florida sun...and we usually try to get inside for a snack so we dont need the stroller tray for that...it IS helpful to have a place on the stroller tray for DDs cup...we DO use the full recline and really good sunshade (maclaren shade is terrible but zippy and citi mini are great) regularly - even our 5 year old naps in the stroller. And we use the storage underneith usually for rain gear or sweatshirts..

Think about what you really want/need and how you will use it there..hopefully that will help you decide!!

We will be taking our G Luxe stroller next week, and it seemed like a no-brainer for us. It is extremely portable and still has plenty of storage.

As long as you are comfortable pushing the g-luxe and you child will be comfy in it go for that.

I'm also trying to decide which stroller to take. I've narrowed it down to my jogger or my chicco liteway umbrella stroller.

I'm leaning toward the jogger. I know that people make a big fuss about having the big joggers on the buses, but I just don't care about getting nasty looks or eye rolls. I'm going to do what works best for us and not worry about what other people think. We know how to get the stroller folded quick, and keep it out of the way as much as possible.

We're going at the end of Oct, so I'm guessing that we will probably need light jackets for morning and evening. I like the idea of having the bigger basket to store those in during the day so we don't have to worry about someone carrying a big backpack all day. The jogger also has a nice big sunshade. We won't be rushing to get there at rope drop or staying until the park closes, so hopefully we won't hit really busy bus to often.

Which stroller is going to be more comfortable for your little one to be in all day and for you to push & use all day? Your child's all day comfort is far more important than a few minutes of possible hassle while riding the bus.

We did one day at Mk in may with our first year jet stroller(umbrella) and then 6 days less than a week ago with our graco metrolite(travel system). DH actually demanded we take the bigger and I was glad he did DD was much more comfortable and napped in her stroller daily.
It was never a issue on and off the buses.
Go with what you think your child will be more comfortable in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter