Which states/provinces/countries have you lived in?

Connecticut
Atlanta
Knoxville
Memphis
Back to Atlanta

Memphis was hands down the worst place I’ve ever lived.

I was so young, but I'm fairly certain we lived off base. (If we went on base, it probably was Clark!) Strange that we only lived on bases when in the US.
You were there too? I was there in the late 70's/early 80's. I remember we had to ride the Cinderella bus to school- literally a small bus painted with Cinderella on it.

For those that lived in West Germany- I lived off base, but went to school at Hahn. Hahn is now long gone, probably repurposed into something else.

I promise not to keep hijacking the thread lol, but yes! We were probably there at the same time. I was there 1982-84 (2nd through 4th grade), but we lived on base. I can't remember the name of the first school I went to, but I went to Virgil I. Grissom Elementary for 3rd and 4th. It has always been weird to me that somewhere I once lived was destroyed by a volcano of all things!

I promise not to keep hijacking the thread lol, but yes! We were probably there at the same time. I was there 1982-84 (2nd through 4th grade), but we lived on base. I can't remember the name of the first school I went to, but I went to Virgil I. Grissom Elementary for 3rd and 4th. It has always been weird to me that somewhere I once lived was destroyed by a volcano of all things!

You're fine. It's fun when you can learn a little more about a DISer or two and their whereabouts...........and PROMISE I'm not stalking!! :rotfl:

Oh I was back in the US by that time. I can't recall the name of the school, only that the lunch room was a large hall with cartoon murals on the walls. I'll have to ask my parents for more details. Not many people in the US can say their school was demolished by a volcano!

Sorry CdnCarrie. :( My bad. I will try to change it which is a feat in itself!! :)

So sorry my northern buddies. :angel:

I changed it so now you can answer if you would like. 👍

No worries. I honestly didn't know if there was something in the USA with that term.

No worries. I honestly didn't know if there was something in the USA with that term.

Cdn Carrie, not sure what term you're talking about but I absolutely love the Eagle's Last resort which mentions Providence, RD, so it really was my bad. I love all you "northern" neighbors and would never want to disrespect you guys. :love:

New York
Virginia
South Carolina
Georgia
Colorado
Florida

I envy you military brats. I would've loved to have moved around a lot as a child. I still would except it's hard to do that and hold down a job, for most careers.

Joshua Tree National Monument 12 years
Willamette Valley, Oregon, 48 years
Hell the last 4 years...and counting, don't have any gold coins for Charon to cross this damned Colorado River....that is to say this part of the USA exists because the Colorado river is damned and yeah Hell....how hard is to have your children eat their veggies....this is the salad bowl capital of the world.

Massachusetts
Rhode Island

However, I've moved 31 times in less than 40 years and I'm not in the military.

My husband who was a military brat moved 28 times.

This is Easy - Philadelphia for my entire life, 64 years and counting. We do not count the dark year when we moved to North New Jersey when I was very young. My dad got black-balled everywhere he tried to get a job because he was a union activist and no one would hire him. We came back to Philly every weekend and holiday so we never counted it as living there. Within a year we were finally back in Philly for good.

Pennsylvania.

Whew, that was tough writing out that list, LOL.

I got a job after school close to home and have been there ever since. Moved half an hour out of town out in the country for 17 years of marriage and sadly now back in this pathetic town again.

Massachusetts
Rhode Island

However, I've moved 31 times in less than 40 years and I'm not in the military.

My husband who was a military brat moved 28 times.

I was thinking about the number of times we've moved, and it's nuts. We aren't military.
My dad lived in the same house his entire life before college, lived in a dorm and then apartment in college, then lived in a little house for a year or so and built the house they live in today, since 1971.

Me? I'm nuts.
Home
College apartment #1
College apartment #2
College apartment #3
moved back home for a couple months after college
First job apartment #1
First job moved across country, apartment #2
First job condo
Moved back east, lived with folks for a month
Moved into Friend's house, closer to new job
Moved to an apartment
Moved to another apartment
Moved in with wife
We bought a new house
Changed jobs, lived with a friend by myself for months
Family finally moved for job, temporary housing
Moved into a rental house
Last house had mold, we moved to another rental in a year
Last house we owned finally sold after 2 years on market, had to move anything that was left
Bought the house we live in now

Georgia twice
California twice
Washington
Kansas
New York
Virginia twice
Florida

I lived on a sailboat for approximately two years and traveled from Virginia to Trinidad and back to Florida, with stops at pretty much every state and island nation in between. Do those count? I also spent six months living in a tent in Saudi Arabia with nothing but a PO Box back in the states.

Last edited:
I started out in Michigan
Illinois (6 yrs)
Colorado (4 yrs)
and then back to Michigan

Probably won't be moving anywhere else. :)
Started in PA (11 years, but many summers after)
Wisconsin (3 years)
Colorado (around 11 years total)
Alabama (2.5 years)
OK (2 years)
NM (3 years)
NY (3 years)
VA (1 year)
TN/KY (2.5 years so far)

Louisiana all 41 years. Most of those years (26 In NOLA) & 15 years in Baton Rouge area for college & then stay a little while after Katrina.
...and we are back in the cone of uncertainty 🤦‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter