• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which site is more accurate, Kenny the Pirate or Touring Plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbo777

DIS Veteran
I subscribed to Touring plans and was looking at dates to visit Mk. I had picked a Wednesday with extra magic hours in the evening. Touring Plans said that the crowd levels should be really low. I just checked the same date on Kenny the pirate and that site says it is the worst park to visit. Which is more accurate? My adrs date is coming up and I don't want to be visiting mk at a time when crowd levels are insane. Thanks

Last edited:
Is it possible that it's all relative? A crowd level could be designated a low but still be the worst of the four parks. It doesn't mean that it's a bad day to go, but for various reasons the other parks may be even less busy. Some sites will automatically dock points for any park with EMH as those days are usually more crowded than non EMH days.

Funny thing
No one knows
Serious answer
No one knows which is better
Kenny thinks parks with EMH are more crowded, in his experience (I lean to his opinion)
Touring Plans doesn't subscribe to the same theory.
I'm not sure there is any way to know who is right and who is wrong

Last edited:

I had the same conflict for my trip between KTP and TP w MK, though no EMH were involved. I've always used TP and all but 1 day was as I expected. I've never used KTP. I gathered recommendations from I think 5 different sites and put them in a spreadsheet for our days. For our MK days we saw best park, worst park, and ok park amongst the various sites.

I'm going with TP because it's been excellent in the past for me.

Funny thing
No one knows
Serious answer
No one knows which is better
Kenny thinks parks with EMH are more crowded, in his experience (I lean top his opinion)
Touring Plans doesn't subscribe to the same theory.
I'm not sure there is any way to know who is right and who is wrong
What do you mean by you kean top his opinion?

I had the same conflict for my trip between KTP and TP w MK, though no EMH were involved. I've always used TP and all but 1 day was as I expected. I've never used KTP. I gathered recommendations from I think 5 different sites and put them in a spreadsheet for our days. For our MK days we saw best park, worst park, and ok park amongst the various sites.

I'm going with TP because it's been excellent in the past for me.
Thank you so much.

Pick the day you prefer, and build an excellent touring plan. A great touring plan trumps park selection any day (except maybe New Year's Eve...).

Use easywdw's cheat sheets. I haven't waited in a line in years, even on very crowded days.

Where do you find "easywdw's cheat sheets"?

I have to say that Kenny has been on the money for this trip. Not that I followed his advice around rating busyness of parks, but he was def accurate with how busy they were. Because we had great plans, good fast passes and we hopped, the level of park busyness wasn't an issue for us. They trump crowd levels IMO.

I couldn't rate his character locator more, DD filled 2 autograph books thanks to Kenny. And his suggested plans I incorporated into our days too, here and there. We didn't wait longer than 30 minutes for anything, and over 20 was rare (mostly character things when we couldn't be bothered doing something else and checking back later).

Everyone loves stats, right? I have a scale that I created that basically runs from 600 to 1800 in determining crowd levels for Magic Kingdom. Here's the actual totals from this past week:
Sunday 10-1 627 Moderate Overall / Green Park
Monday 10-2 1146 Moderate Overall / Red Park
Tuesday 10-3 620 Light Overall / Green Park
Wednesday 10-4 1291 Light Overall / Red Park
Thursday 10-5 624 Light Overall / Green Park
Friday 10-6 920 Moderate Overall / Median Park
Saturday 10-7 1536 Moderate Overall / Red Park

If you picked Wed, you picked the 2nd worst day to attend the Magic Kingdom. I think I predicted this past week pretty well, don't you?

Everyone loves stats, right? I have a scale that I created that basically runs from 600 to 1800 in determining crowd levels for Magic Kingdom. Here's the actual totals from this past week:
Sunday 10-1 627 Moderate Overall / Green Park
Monday 10-2 1146 Moderate Overall / Red Park
Tuesday 10-3 620 Light Overall / Green Park
Wednesday 10-4 1291 Light Overall / Red Park
Thursday 10-5 624 Light Overall / Green Park
Friday 10-6 920 Moderate Overall / Median Park
Saturday 10-7 1536 Moderate Overall / Red Park

If you picked Wed, you picked the 2nd worst day to attend the Magic Kingdom. I think I predicted this past week pretty well, don't you?

I do, I do!

Can you give a reason behind your MK predictions for January 28 and 29? They conflict w several other recommendations (and agree with others) but I don't know why there is such a discrepancy on those days. The rest of our trip most of the site recommendations are consistent.

I do, I do!

Can you give a reason behind your MK predictions for January 28 and 29? They conflict w several other recommendations (and agree with others) but I don't know why there is such a discrepancy on those days. The rest of our trip most of the site recommendations are consistent.

I take it back. It's only the 29th that conflicts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter