Which Should We Do?

Jobro2

Mouseketeer
Our family is planning our 2nd trip to WDW this November. This was a kind of a "all of a sudden thing", as we are also taking our 2nd Disney cruise in June 2003. Our first trip to Disney, we stayed in Dixie Landings and liked it. This time we are looking into staying off premises(I thought we could save some $$ this way) and I have a reservation at the Holiday Inn Family Suites. I am a DC member and it will cost me the same amount per night to stay at CBR as the Holiday Inn Family Suites. The Holiday Inn also provides breakfast every morning, along with the kids eating free. The room is much larger with a seperate LR and kids BR. If staying off premises though, we would rent a car, as I don't know how reliable the hotel's shuttle is and we could also drive around outside to eat. This would cost approx. 285 for 7 days. What are your opinions...would you go for the bigger room and stay off the premises and have a seperate sleeping area for the kids (10 & 12), or would you stay at CBR, all in one room and let Disney take care of all our transportation. I must admit, when we stayed in Disney in '99, the bus transportation to and from the parks was great!!! Help!!!

Well the included breakfast and bigger room will be nice. But if you are trying to save money, will the cost of food outway the cost of the rental car??

I decided to stay onsite when I figured in the cost of the rental car vs an off site hotel, I wasn't saving any $$ by staying off site, and since this is a once in a life time trip for us, staying on site is going to be fun (we never do this at DL- our home park)

Personally, I would choose to stay onsite. We've tried both, and I wouldn't stay offsite again if they GAVE me the room. I drive enough when I'm at home, on my vacation I don't want to have to deal with it. I also don't feel like the offsite resorts have the "magic" that we get with the DIsney properties.

Another cost you might want to factor in is the 6 bucks a day for parking at the parks that you will need to spend if you stay offsite.

I enjoy staying on site way too much! We just stayed at CBR last week and really enjoyed it. The room was large for a moderate and had lots of storage. The grounds and beaches are breath taking.

You'll have to carefully weigh the cost of rental car vs food. In our case, (we went with 6 and 7 of us), the food practically did give us the room. Driving to WDW is a breeze from HIFS, and actually it is as fast (or faster!) than using the bus system. Since we had Annual Passes, parking didn't cost us anything (don't forget to figure in $6 a day for it, if you need to) Neither of us mind driving, either, so it was a no brainer for us. The kids will like the activities, too. I have on many occasions asked my kids which is their favourite, and to a one, all five have responded Holiday Inn Family Suites.

Staying on property is great, but staying off still allows you that magical family vacation, more choice in shopping, different and cheaper food options. BUT only you can make the appropriate choice for your family.

And, trust me, no matter what you choose, it will be a magical vacation-offsite or on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter