• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which schedule is better?

Thank you for your insights! I'm just confused about one part of your reply. You said we can add another day before we leave the park on our last day. Does that mean we have to finish the five days before we can add a 6th day, or does that mean we can add the 6th day anytime during our trip (while we're at a park), just as long as it's before we leave on the last day? Thanks for helping out a newbie. :)
You can add an additional day anytime during your trip - as long as its BEFORE you leave a park on your last day of ticket.

Do you feel that you get your moneys worth arriving in the afternoon? I like RD because you can usually get several rides done before the lines start to get too long. So I'm just curious how that works when you arrive in the afternoon. Do you feel satisfied with the number of attractions you've been on?

Yes we do. If it was a one and done trip I think we would do it differently but since we plan to come back, if we do miss something its not a huge deal. We have always been a go with the flow family so we always manage to have a great trip!

Since the cost to add extra days goes down dramatically the longer you go, I would probably not have any off days myself. So version 2 I guess since that is less days off.

But instead plan several half-days in parks to enjoy hot afternoons/evenings at the pool. We find if we rope drop at 7am, we're ready to head back by 2pm and really fit in all we wanted. And by having 6+ days, you will be able to spend your last couple of days going back to parks you liked best to re-do. Our feet get really tired too the later on we go in the week. We can't imagine spending an entire day at the hotel. Even going to visit other hotels or Disney Springs. No thanks. We'd rather do a half-day in park instead. We also don't like mid-day breaks. By the time we return to hotel, etc no energy to go back.

We don't find the waterparks must do's. We would only do them if lucky enough to be there for 2 weeks (never gonna happen). We just have too much other stuff we want to see. E.g. one day seeing a parade, one day making sure we stay for fireworks, etc.

Since the cost to add extra days goes down dramatically the longer you go, I would probably not have any off days myself. So version 2 I guess since that is less days off.

But instead plan several half-days in parks to enjoy hot afternoons/evenings at the pool. We find if we rope drop at 7am, we're ready to head back by 2pm and really fit in all we wanted. And by having 6+ days, you will be able to spend your last couple of days going back to parks you liked best to re-do. Our feet get really tired too the later on we go in the week. We can't imagine spending an entire day at the hotel. Even going to visit other hotels or Disney Springs. No thanks. We'd rather do a half-day in park instead. We also don't like mid-day breaks. By the time we return to hotel, etc no energy to go back.

We don't find the waterparks must do's. We would only do them if lucky enough to be there for 2 weeks (never gonna happen). We just have too much other stuff we want to see. E.g. one day seeing a parade, one day making sure we stay for fireworks, etc.

Thanks for your perspective! Definitely something to think about!

I would lean towards #2, as mentioned before your days in the park may not be as long as you hope. We are also going next August, but we have the advantage of knowing we are going back two more times in the following 11-months. As difficult as it can be to do at WDW, you'll need to remain flexible to a degree. I do realize that is easier said than done when so many things have to be booked so far in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter