Which rides should I avoid if I get motion sickness?

100AcreWood

DIS Veteran
We're going to DLP this month, and I've read the warnings about Crush. I'll sit that one out, since I'm prone to motion sickness.

At WDW, I avoid the Tea Cups and Star Tours. Last year, Big Thunder Mountain made me sick for the first time. I can ride Ratatouille and Guardians once without a problem.

Are there any other rides in Paris you would suggest I avoid?

If you cannot handle BIg Thunder Mountain in the US, I wouldn't try it in Paris. Paris has a more intense version.
I probably also wouldn't do Space Mountain, Star Tours and Indiana Jones. And Avengers in the Studios.

Can you do Tower of Terror? How are you with Toy Story Midway Mania?

If you cannot handle BIg Thunder Mountain in the US, I wouldn't try it in Paris. Paris has a more intense version.
I probably also wouldn't do Space Mountain, Star Tours and Indiana Jones. And Avengers in the Studios.

Can you do Tower of Terror? How are you with Toy Story Midway Mania?

Thank you! I dislike the drop at ToT, but it doesn't make me sick. Toy Story Midway Mania is one of my favorites!

I can do us big thunder and do space mountain with sedatives. But in Paris I almost lost it on remi. Had to sit for a good hour afterwards.

Thank you! I dislike the drop at ToT, but it doesn't make me sick. Toy Story Midway Mania is one of my favorites!
Ok, then Web slingers in the Studios shouldn't be a problem. Same ride, it is a little more intense for your arms.

Thank you both for your help! So I'll avoid Crush, Space Mountain, Star Tours, Big Thunder Mountain, and Indiana Jones. And I should be cautious on Remi.

It's strange that you can do Guardian but you cannot do the Big Thunder Mountains.
For me it's the opposite, I can do BTM three times in a row without any issue, but I get a bit queasy after one ride of Guardians even after having taken a dramamine.
I say that because Crush is similar, in the type of movement, to Guardians. The car moves in a certain direction, but at the same time it spins on itself. That's what causes me motion sickness on both. However, Guardian is much smoother and it's controlled, in Crush it's random and depends a lot on how weight is distributed. So probably it's worst than Guardian.

Conclusions: you might want to try it, but it's a BIG risk. And I'm not sure it's worth it. Guardians is so much better than Crush.

Last edited:

I suffer on motion sickness since my childhood and I was (and am) afraid to ride a lot of rides at DLP.

First I tried BTM. I really can not ride any rollercoaster but this one is ok for me because you did not see how high it is due to the themed sourroundings. Beware it is fast....very fast...and in the end it´s in the dark but after riding this since the last years it become one of my favourite ride. It is ok because first of all it is "only" fast.

The next step was Star Tours. I was so afraid about this and I remember me standing infront of this cabin waiting to go inside. But I really like the Star Wars movies and I wanted to see this legandary ride. My problems there is the locked cabin but I always sadi to myself that they can get me out of here at any time (we are not in space or near the death star). The ride itself is ok for me. Its like a big video game and the movement inside the cabin is makeable for me. The only challenge is the close cabin......

Remy is ok for me also. I have some problems at the first big screen with the "drop" and the scene where Remy runs inside the corridor (with the giant hand and the mousetrap). But its ok also and sometimes I close my eyes for a moment at this point. The movement of the cars are very very smooth.

W.E.B. Adventure at the Marvel Campus is the same. It is ok because you have to do something during the ride ("shooting") and so I really do not think that much about my problem.

Crush is a complete no go for me because the momevemt is so intense.

The next big step for me is ToT. I am so afraid riding it. I did it once and yes...I am alive but I am scared about it. Perhaps next time in October.

Anyway...have fun!

It's strange that you can do Guardian but you cannot do the Big Thunder Mountains.
For me it's the opposite, I can do BTM three times in a row without any issue, but I get a bit queasy after one ride of Guardians even after having taken a dramamine.
I say that because Crush is similar, in the type of movement, to Guardians. The car moves in a certain direction, but at the same time it spins on itself. That's what causes me motion sickness on both. However, Guardian is much smoother and it's controlled, in Crush it's random and depends a lot on how weight is distributed. So probably it's worst than Guardian.

Conclusions: you might want to try it, but it's a BIG risk. And I'm not sure it's worth it. Guardians is so much better than Crush.

I appreciate the feedback. I agree, it would be too much of a risk. I'll pass on Crush. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter