• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which rides at RD?

foolish-mortal

Your ghost host
We'll likely be doing RD once at DL and once at DCA. We will be there in a few weeks. We will have Genie Plus, have 2 teens, and for the most part want to ride about everything. It's my family's first trip to DL. Which rides would you recommend for each park if we rope drop? Thanks!

DCA = Radiator Springs Racers. DL, I would do Space Mountain or Indy. We usually head directly to Indy on every trip. Never rope drop DCA, but if we would, I would try for RSR. Second choice would be Guardians in DCA, you can probably ride a couple times.

Racers is also probably my recommendation at DCA but if the crowd is too big, Guardians would be another option. On the Disneyland side, I'm a bigger fan of knocking out 4-6 Fantasyland rides in the morning but given that Peter Pan has had issues opening on time this year, that would mean starting with Snow White. But if you're not doing ILL and want to get a decent spot for night shows, Rise of the Resistance is also an option.

Radiator Springs Racers and Webslingers both have single rider lines, so I would rope drop Guardians and then Toy Story/Incredicoster.

If you've got multiple days there, I'd definitely recommend RDing the Fantasyland rides at DL at least once. Those are slow loaders with boring queues, and my family has easily knocked out almost all of them (besides Peter Pan and Storybook Canal) in an hour. At DL, I'd also recommend Guardians. We've tried TSMM and Incredicoaster a few times and for whatever reason they always end up opening late for us.

If you've got multiple days there, I'd definitely recommend RDing the Fantasyland rides at DL at least once. Those are slow loaders with boring queues, and my family has easily knocked out almost all of them (besides Peter Pan and Storybook Canal) in an hour. At DL, I'd also recommend Guardians. We've tried TSMM and Incredicoaster a few times and for whatever reason they always end up opening late for us.
On this note, I HAVE to ride Mr Toad, since I did as a kid at WDW and want to experience it again.
But , same goes for Snow and Alice…We kinda want to hit all the classics…

Is Nighttime any better in Fantasy land?
I know as a rule Tomorrowland is always crowded at night in WDW….Not sire whicn lands are better at later hours!

We'll likely be doing RD once at DL and once at DCA. We will be there in a few weeks. We will have Genie Plus, have 2 teens, and for the most part want to ride about everything. It's my family's first trip to DL. Which rides would you recommend for each park if we rope drop? Thanks!
You only mentioned Genie Plus, but I’m assuming you will pay for ILL for Rise? If so, yeah I would suggest the Fantasyland rides, then maybe something like Jungle Cruise. Avoid Genie+ rides like Space or Indy before the lines start getting long at 10am, as you will be able to skip those lines later when there are large crowds and many fantasyland rides become 20-30 min waits instead of 5.

Another vote for Fantasyland at RD in DL. My reasoning is that these queues are in the sun later in the day, which means they seem even longer.

Even if the queues at night happen to lighten during night shows, if you have the time to RD fantasyland it is still the best way to get those rides done. To me, the one ride in FL that is significantly better at night is the Storybook Canal Boats.

There are so many other rides that give you a totally different experience for night time that you should hit after dark in other lands.

We just got back from 3 days at DL with two teens, one with a broken foot in a walking boot, and were able to ride everything we wanted multiple times using rope drop, Genie+, and fishing for LLEP. Not everyone's favorite getting up at 6am, but the parks were so nice those first two hours.

We started with Tomorrowland and rode Space and Buzz, headed to Indy, then Splash Mountain (my girls favorite even though it was 9am), then Big Thunder, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion. It was about 10am and lines started getting longer. I had picked up a LLEP from HM being down early, so we worked it into our LL we started using.

We tried to RD Fantasyland the second morning, but on the speed walk into the land a CM was shouting Peter Pan was down. We headed to Alice and it was down too. I checked Rise and it showed open and 10 minutes even though the RD crowd was all arriving then. We paid the $20 each the first day to ride, but it is something you will want to ride more than once. We headed over there and the line moved the whole time and we were on within 30 minutes.

DCA was kind of a disappointment for us because RSR was down the whole time and TSMM had a bunch of broken cars and kept going down. On the bright side, I picked up 3 golden tier LLEP from it and combined with stacking other LL, our entire last evening we could walk on all the rides we wanted to hit. We rope dropped Web Slingers that morning because we didn't want to pay the $12 for it. Soarin' is always great and Goofy's ended up being one of favorite rides.

We just got back from DL and we made it to rope drop the 3 days we were there. We did 2 days at DL and 1 day at DCA. We didn’t get there early enough the first day because everyone went to the rise of resistance line. We ended up going to smugglers run and getting fast passes for Indiana Jones. We waited 15 mins on smugglers run. We rode a few other rides. Ended up getting golden fast passes since during the window for Indiana the ride went down. We did big thunder mountain, the Matterhorn and a few others. Rode space mountain somewhere in there. We got lucky and found a short window for Rise of resistance and waited 45 mins. The rest of the time it was over an hour wait. On the 2nd day of that park, we got there early enough to be near the front of rope drop and did Peter Pan. We made it around to some other rides as well.

At dca, we learned that radio springs racers was down which was a bummer. As far as I know it still hasn’t opened back up yet. We did the web slingers first, then guardians, and then the incredicoaster.

This was our rope drops by day:
Day 1-DLR- Hyperspace Mountain- got to the rope at 7:35, walk on which was great since we rode it with a LL later in the day
Day 2- DCA- Incredicoaster- Radiator Springs Racers was down so we rope dropped Incredicoaster. Got inside to the Napa Valley split where you can go to Webslingers or Pixar Pier at 7:35. Rode Incredicoaster, no joke, 3 straight times before we did our LL for Midway Mania. Used the LL for Incredicoaster later in the day.
Day 3- DLR- Millenium Falcon- got to the rope at 7:40. Everyone went to Rise which we were just going to ILL later in the day. The line for Rise when we got to the end was already quoted at 45 minutes. We rode MF twice and it was walk through both times.
Day 4- DLR- Hyperspace Mountain- kids went off on their own. Got to the rope at 7:40. Kids walked on and saved their LL for later in the morning.
Side note- wife and I just took it easy so we got some coffee and rope dropped the double decker bus which was a walk on so we went up to the top deck and had it to ourselves. Then we rode the firetruck back to the train station. The lady driving was so nice that she let me wife sit in the driver's seat and honk the duck horn when we got to the train station.

For your crew, if you are not getting Genie+, you'll want to do Radiator Racers or Web Slingers in DCA and Rise in DLR. If you're getting the Genie+ and paying for the individual lightning lanes, I would rope drop Guardians or Incredicoaster at DCA and Hyperspace Mountain or Indiana Jones at DLR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter