• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which rides are running when park opens early

LoveMyLAP-BAND

Banded 2/18/05
Trying to plan my May trip to DL/DCA. Going mid-week in May '06 and official park opening time is 10am- which really means 9:30. I just read on another post that the only ride that opens at 9:30 in DCA is Soarin' Over California--did I get that right? Which ones open early at DL?

Since I'm still going to be on New Jersey time, i plan to get to the park right when it opens. But if I go to DCA and head right to Soarin', won't everyone else be headed in the same direction and then what's the point of getting in early? :confused3

Thanks! :teeth:

You are right about soarin' being the only ride open in DCA when they open at 9:30 and you should head for it, not many people know that it is open so there's not much of a line. Nothing is open in DL at 9:30 except for Main Street.

Does this early 30min apply to DL all the time?
IE when you have an opening time of 8am does Mainstreet open at 7:30?

I don't think DL opens Main Street early every day. Generally, on Mon., Tue., Thur, and Sat, most of FL and parts of Tomorrowland open 1 hour early, but only to those with a Park-Hopper Plus that includes an "Early Entry" or guests of one of the Disney hotels. The Park-Hopper Plus pass is available when you get a multiday pass (3 days or longer?) booked ahead through WDTC. DCA doesn't get crowded very early since most people go to DL first. DL usually opens earlier than DCA.

I don't know the ins and outs of Main Street and when they choose to open it, but it doesn't have anything to do with the "early entry" program. Sometimes it's open and they do the rope drop, and sometimes they keep people at the turnstiles til opening. Someone probably knows more about this than I do.

That being said, during the time we were there for EE, I was really surprised at the people wandering around the park saying "Gee, autopia isn't open yet..." wasting their time trying to figure out what was open, and what wasn't!! So I'm sure glad I knew what I was doing on these boards, it dawns on me now that they don't really give you anything that explains what is going on!!

If DL's opening is 9am or later, then Main Street opens 30 minutes beforehand. If opening is 8am, then the gates don't open until 8am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter