• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which restaurants did your pre-teen love?

I don’t have a pre-teen son but I do have a teen daughter. My 14 yo daughter (and DS 20) loves California Grill. They prefer brunch (then returning later for fireworks) which was supposed to be a one time thing for us because of cost but we all enjoyed it so much we are going again next trip as the most requested meal (and honestly we didn’t eat again for the rest of the day). DD loves the Batuu establishments—notably Oga’s for the atmosphere and Ronto Roasters for the wraps. She loves Via Napoli and Spice Road Table at Epcot. At Animal Kingdom she likes the small plates, virgin cocktails and the chill vibe of Nomad lounge. Honestly, she’s kind of like touring with a little adult, lol. She also really enjoys the antics at Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Strangely enough the my daughter fell in love with Ohana. She to this day (20) hates loud noise but from that distance loves the fireworks and the food.
'Ohana dinner is one of our family's favorites, and one my son has asked to go back to.

Our kids were adventurous eaters at that age and loved every restaurant we went to.
I would get ADRs at some of the restaurants that serve food you can't get at home.
good idea. We like to enjoy unique experiences to the location, especially when we travel...we love to find the unique and local spots.

If you don't go to a lot of Teppan grill type places where you live, Teppan Edo was always a home run for my kids
That is on my radar, for sure. We only have one or two Teppan grill restaurants near us and we've only gone a couple of times, but only for a special occasion. When I mentioned this restaurant to my son, it definitely piqued his interest. And my husband and I love that type of food, so it might be a winner all around.

I don’t have a pre-teen son but I do have a teen daughter. My 14 yo daughter (and DS 20) loves California Grill. They prefer brunch (then returning later for fireworks) which was supposed to be a one time thing for us because of cost but we all enjoyed it so much we are going again next trip as the most requested meal (and honestly we didn’t eat again for the rest of the day). DD loves the Batuu establishments—notably Oga’s for the atmosphere and Ronto Roasters for the wraps. She loves Via Napoli and Spice Road Table at Epcot. At Animal Kingdom she likes the small plates, virgin cocktails and the chill vibe of Nomad lounge. Honestly, she’s kind of like touring with a little adult, lol. She also really enjoys the antics at Whispering Canyon Cafe.
On our last trip, we visited Nomad Lounge. It was a scorching hot day at AK and we were all getting cranky and needed a break. It was sort in front of us when we stopped to decide where to get a break. It wasn't' busy and we were able to get a table/couch outside. We all got specialty drinks (virgin for son, obviously) and had a wonderful break. It was just what we needed. We would definitely visit there again.

My ds almost 20 still requests some of the places he did at 12.
Trails End Buffet- Ft. Wilderness
Kona Cafe breakfast
Ohana dinner
Boma
ViaNapoli
Yachtsman Steakhouse
What ever you decide on have a great time!!

For our trip in Nov, my 12 yo son requested Biergarten, Teppan Edo, and CA Grill, always CA Grill. He also likes Spice Road Table. Not a fan of 50s prime time, wasn’t a fan of the food.

We are headed back to WDW next spring, after not having been there since 2017. On previous trips, we focused on doing lots of character meals. Our son will be 12 when we go and just informed me he doesn't want to do a lot of character meals but just wants to do "cool restaurants without characters" :confused3 So, what restaurants did your pre-teens love? Open to QS and/or TS at parks, resorts, and/or DS. TIA

I’m 32 now but when I was a kid I loved rainforest cafe, don’t care for it a whole lot now but back then it was cool. Also really liked sci-fi dine in and liberty tree tavern when I was that age. We had a tradition we’d eat at Liberty tree after it got dark then head over to haunted mansion after, I still remember those times vividly.

Back in January, my 12yo son loved Docking Bay 7 so much he asked for a second meal there, which he got. The Endorian Fried Chicken Tip Yip and the nonalcoholic specialty drink (Moof Juice) were big hits with all the kids.

My son loved Cape May, for the buffet and the options there. He had several plates of clam strips, chicken, and cornbread.
My daughter enjoys more interesting options, so Skippers Canteen is one of her faves.
They both absolutely loved Homecomin’!
Enjoy your trip! 😊

We are headed back to WDW next spring, after not having been there since 2017. On previous trips, we focused on doing lots of character meals. Our son will be 12 when we go and just informed me he doesn't want to do a lot of character meals but just wants to do "cool restaurants without characters" :confused3 So, what restaurants did your pre-teens love? Open to QS and/or TS at parks, resorts, and/or DS. TIA

Agree on Biergarten. Whispering Canyon is great also. My 12yo niece loved it. IF your son like sushi may Kimono at the Swan. Sci Fi would be okay. Chef Art Smith's HOmecoming and really most of the Disney Springs restaurants are great-Especially Ragland Road

Back in January, my 12yo son loved Docking Bay 7 so much he asked for a second meal there, which he got. The Endorian Fried Chicken Tip Yip and the nonalcoholic specialty drink (Moof Juice) were big hits with all the kids.
Go to know. thanks. This trip will be our first time experiencing SW:GE so we are looking forward to enjoying everything there.

Both of our boys were fans of Restaurant Marrakesh, it was their most requested restaurant. Pecos Bill's was the other one they both enjoyed.
Same here, the boys loved Restaurant Marrakesh, friendly servers, food was good and they enjoyed trying new things, belly dancer show during meal.
Beaches & Cream, another favorite
Coral Reef, found it relaxing and we enjoyed our meals
The Plaza, simple & we went around lunchtime & the 100th guest got a prize
California Grill for the Fireworks, dinner
Cape May Cafe for the buffet dinner if you like seafood

My DS is 11, his favorites are Teppan Edo, Beaches and Cream, Yachtsman, and he still loves Rainforest Cafe. Hope you all have an amazing trip!

My brother and I were on opposite ends of the food spectrum as pre-teens; he loves to try unique things and I was a picky eater who wanted standard, classic dishes and liked having a unique atmosphere.

His favorite was Boma, and in the parks, Marrakesh. My favorites were Sci-Fi and Garden Grill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter