Which Resort?

mickeyboy16

Earning My Ears
My family and I are planning our 2003 trip for july and don't know which resort to stay at. This is our first stay on property and my 16 year old son loves the polynesian but i don't think we'll have the money for that.Plus i don't know how much time were going to be spending at the parks. Then my 8 year old loves the mighty ducks and toy story so i was think about staying at ASMO. Next, My wife and I like the way CSR looks. In conclusion, I really need some help deceiciding which resort to stay at so can anybody out there help me!:(

HI,
If you don't think you would be spending enough time at the resort to really experience the theming and amenities of Polynesain, then I suggest you save the money and stay at a moderate.

each resort offers a different fun theme, and different experiences.

However, the Polynesian offers great transportation options to all the parks. If you want to save time, and have convenience going back and forth to the parks, then it might be worth it. July is value season for the Polynesian resort, often, there are great discounts offered at that time. You might be able to get it for about $199 a night.

Decide by what is most important to you... theming, location, and $$$.

Laura :)

DH and I spend very little time at the resort, and it's just the two of us, so we usually stay at AS.
The prices (generally) can't be beat.
But that being said, we stayed at a mod last May because a mod was costing only $10 a night more than a regular room at ASMo.

So far, our best CM and bus service has been at the AS.
CSR is a very nice resort.. But it is *more spread out* than the AS resorts.
The perks for CSR are:
a little larger room (barely noticeable)
in room coffee maker
good food court (although more expensive than AS food court)
quiet resort
great pool and includes a large hot tub (spa in Disney-speak)
more to do at the resort (water mice, as an example)

We really enjoyed staying at ASMo. IF I was debating between the two, I would shoot for ASMo. BUT if CSR was another choice, and ASMo was not available, I would probably go with CSR. (Depending on the price dfference.)

We are staying at ASMu again because we got the $55 (with tax) night rate. That's pretty hard to beat. And with not being in the room or at the resort much anyway...

But if you plan on using the pool or being in your room a lot, CSR would be a good choice. Although your kids may find it boring. AS I doubt they would be bored at.

CSR is a great resort! Our family loves it. It has a great pool area, awesome transportation that is not shared with another resort and beautiful grounds. Check out my website below for more info and photos.

I don't see how your kids would be bored. CSR has one of the biggest slides on property. A volleyball court at the pool area along with a playground area and an arcade (one of two). Water mice, bike rentals, and other water craft.

Good luck deciding and have a great trip wherever you stay!

We have stayed at the AS three times (Sports twice and Movies once). I think it was fine for us because we only stayed two nights at a time and it was just DH, myself and our DS (age 4) in a room. However, if I were to stay longer, I definitely would go for a mod or deluxe. We stayed at CBR in May and thought the rooms were quite large and had all of the amenities you could want- minus a balcony. AKL was wonderful, but some people don't like to have to take a bus all the time from a deluxe. We had great bus service from there - you don't share buses and there is only one stop.

Don't assume you will spend all of your time at the parks. I am from FL and it is so HOT in the summer, I would NEVER go to WDW in July. In fact, we will have 80's weather for Christmas :(

Good luck!!!!!

We have stayed at the AS three times (Sports twice and Movies once). I think it was fine for us because we only stayed two nights at a time and it was just DH, myself and our DS (age 4) in a room. However, if I were to stay longer, I definitely would go for a mod or deluxe. We stayed at CBR in May and thought the rooms were quite large and had all of the amenities you could want- minus a balcony. AKL was wonderful, but some people don't like to have to take a bus all the time from a deluxe. We had great bus service from there - you don't share buses and there is only one stop.

Don't assume you will spend all of your time at the parks. I am from FL and it is so HOT in the summer, I would NEVER go to WDW in July. In fact, we will have 80's weather for Christmas :(

Good luck!!!!!

Check codes for Wilderness Lodge. Some rooms were around $130 this last year. What a great deal for that resort.

Thanks for all the help all of you gave me and i would have to see what rates come out for july

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter