Which resort would you choose?

miccolt

Earning My Ears
My family and I are heading to DW next spring for 6 nights. We are planning on just doing a couple of park days. Our hotel choices are: 1) Coronado Springs - Grand Destino tower for the duration of our trip. 2) Split stay: 3 nights at Yacht Club and 3 nights at Pop Century.

The split stay is $400 more. I have stayed at Corando (not the tower). It was nice but not my favourite. Never stayed at Yacht or Pop.

Thoughts?? Thanks for your help!!

I agree with PP - with 6 nights, I would not split the stay. I love YC, but if you are doing a lot of resort time, I don't think I would split YC with Pop. I would either do the 6 nights at Gran Destino or investigate pricing to see if 6 nights at AKL or WL might be in the $400 extra range to make it comparable to YC/Pop. You may also consider investigating 6 nights at the Swan which is our go-to in the EP resort area when the WDW resort prices are too high. We can usually get Swan for about the same price or less than CSR GDT depending on dates.

I hate split stays bc the pack up and unpack is the worse part of vacation to me.

My favorite resort is AKL. It's less expensive than YC, so maybe you could do 6 nights there.

I would choose the split stay. Love the Crescent lake area, the food choices and the ambiance better at YC (only stayed at BC but they share the feature pool and are very close to one another) and Pop (stayed twice). I found CSR crowd too business like and did not like the food court there (not Disney operated).

ETA: I do not mind unpacking/repacking once.
ETA2: Corrected a typo on hotel name

Last edited:
I’d say stay at the port and use the extra cash for some really nice dinners!

I found CBR crowd too business like and did not like the food court there (not Disney operated).
Did you mean to say CSR crowd is too business like? I have never thought that about CBR and CBR's food court is definitely Disney operated.

To me it only makes sense to do a split stay between MK resorts and Epcot resorts. Maybe see if it’s w/in budget to split between contemporary or WL and Swan/dolphin? You can use Marriott points for swolphin so could be on par w the Yacht/Pop split. If a split can’t work that way I’d just do 6 nights at CSR

Do look at staying in one place if you'll be spending time at the resort.

Maybe look into renting DVC points and stay in a studio or villa. Saratoga Springs has multiple pools and is a boat ride or walk to Disney Springs. The spa is nice there too (not sure about ages and if mom/dad can get away for an appointment?). It is close to the golf course if you play golf.

You may have already checked, but just in case, price a room only stay using the UT site to see if that saves you money.

We always split on a 10 day trip, but not on a week one.
However, if you do split, be sure to do the deluxe 2nd and not first or you will be let down.

I love a split stay! The only thing is you have to set your dining reservations based on each hotel stay. I love Gran Destino Tower! We stayed club level last year. We did a split stay between GDT & Beach Club. Ended up loving GDT better than Beach Club.

With that being said, I would do Pop & YC. I would end your stay at the nicer resort. You will have the skyliner @ Pop. All of the food options that are close to YC. Good luck!

I am a huge fan of split stays. I have 3 hotels booked for 5 nights in November :)

I normally prefer splitting Pop with an MK resort to make the most of transportation.

I think GDT is lovely but I don’t like the bathroom layout so I won’t book it.

We love the Yacht Club -- it's a beautiful property with access to a lot of fun restaurants (Yacht Club, Beach Club and Boardwalk) and we love the quick walk over to Epcot/Skyliner access. But depending on when your spring trip is, please keep in mind the April RunDisney event -- if the routes remain typical you'll get runners (and those cheering them on) coming right by the property early Saturday and probably Sunday morning as well.

I've stayed at all 3. We (as in a party of 2 adults) did a split stay (2 nights each) at Pop & CSR just to try something new. For 2 seasoned Disney adults it was fine, but if I had a whole family I don't know if I'd want to do all the work involved with a split stay.

I would do the yc split. Yc is our favorite resort, and we started doing a split with an all star to make it more affordable. 5 nights at yc followed by 2 (next year will be sports).

While as others said it’s a disappointment going from deluxe to value, we think it works better for us. Our first day isn’t a park day so we can enjoy the resort, and we’d rather enjoy yc than sports. Then on checkout day we usually sleep in and take it easy packing things up. Followed by a trip to DS then head to the other hotel before going to the park. And the last day we are in the parks pretty much all day. So while we downgrade we spend very little time in the all star rooms. Just staying two nights at a cheaper resort usually ends up saving us little more than $1000.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter