Which resort with 15 month old??

No worries, I didn’t take your post negatively at all. I know everyone has different experiences with kids in Disney. Since this is my first child, it’s good to be reminded that while it may seem like MK is the park we will be at most that it may not be.

As for boardwalk, I may be in the minority but I don’t care for that hotel. Don’t get me wrong, I love the boardwalk part and it’s proximity to EPCOT and HS but I hated the rooms. It was a while ago that I stayed there so they might have refurbished them since I was there but they just seemed outdated and run down.
We spent the most time in MK with my daughter. I’m probably in the minority but I’m kind of meh on Epcot. Frozen Ever After was fun though. HS is good too with the Disney Jr. show along with Toy story mania and alien swirling saucers. Your child may be into the muppets 3D as well.

I think I’m gonna try renting DVC points so that may make the decision for me. Honestly, I think any hotel that allows us to walk to a park will be great.

I think I’m leaning towards contemporary So I put that as my first request for renting points, then beach club, then boardwalk since it a bunch cheaper, and lastly grand Floridian cause it was cheaper than poly. Ik dvc can’t book till 11 months out but I figured I’d put the request in now and see what they say.

Also I just realized we plan to go to Disney in early October and not November. So I guess we are celebrating a bit earlier than I thought and my daughter will be only 14 months but I don’t think that changes much lol

@Jhondy stay where you want to stay. At 15 months your kiddo won't care. Heck, my daughter is 3 and I'm pretty sure as long as there's a pool she'll be happy....we stayed at POFQ when she was 20 months and next trip is CBR.

@Jhondy stay where you want to stay. At 15 months your kiddo won't care. Heck, my daughter is 3 and I'm pretty sure as long as there's a pool she'll be happy....we stayed at POFQ when she was 20 months and next trip is CBR.

Agree with this. Stay where you will enjoy staying. I understand wanting to romanticize "this is my kid's first Disney trip" but the photos and memories will be just as good regardless.

That said it sounds like you'll enjoy Contemporary/BLT so that will be a good best of all worlds for you!

I agree with most other posters, stay where you want, as your DD will have fun in whatever resort& pool you choose. I will say, my DD absolutely Loved Polynesian when she had just turned 1. The kids interactive splash pad pool was really fun for her. She didn't care for the GF splash pad pool as much, and BWI held zero interest except that it was a pool. We have done BC a few trips with her too. The pirate ship small pool was fun, and we were able to let her go down the small slide there and catch her at the bottom. She also loved the play sand pool, but every time she got a ton of sand crystals in her swim diaper that really irritated her skin. We have not stayed at Contemporary. As far as pools and location together our favorite is Polynesian. Have a great trip no matter what resort you choose. A huge congratulations on the adoption anniversary!!!

I agree with most other posters, stay where you want, as your DD will have fun in whatever resort& pool you choose. I will say, my DD absolutely Loved Polynesian when she had just turned 1. The kids interactive splash pad pool was really fun for her. She didn't care for the GF splash pad pool as much, and BWI held zero interest except that it was a pool. We have done BC a few trips with her too. The pirate ship small pool was fun, and we were able to let her go down the small slide there and catch her at the bottom. She also loved the play sand pool, but every time she got a ton of sand crystals in her swim diaper that really irritated her skin. We have not stayed at Contemporary. As far as pools and location together our favorite is Polynesian. Have a great trip no matter what resort you choose. A huge congratulations on the adoption anniversary!!!

I didn’t even think about sand in the diaper. I could see that being very uncomfortable. Since the sand pool is the main reason I want to stay there, that makes me think I want to save that hotel till she is a bit older.

I think I’m gonna try to rent dvc at contemporary and now I’m thinking possibly boardwalk but more cause of the price and there are two parks you can walk to. If I can’t get either of those then I’ll consider moderates or Saratoga springs for cost reasons. I know we won’t be able to always stay deluxe so if I can’t get the exact hotel that I want then I’ll go cheaper and save the money for a different trip.

And thanks for the congrats on the adoption anniversary. It was a very long road but we are really blessed with our daughter so it was all worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter