Which Resort was One and Done for You?

Yacht Club was one and done for us. I really didn't like the look and the CMs seemed a bit stuffy and standoffish. DH and DSs took one look at the greeter and said, look it's Captain Crunch. And then they started laughing like crazy. I pretended I didn't know them. I realized at that point that we were not in the right resort for us. LOL! The room was OK, just not my style. On the other hand DH and I stayed at GF and the CMs were friendly and helpful and we really liked the room. We have stayed at POFQ also, both with our DSs and just us, and really like it. We are trying out different resorts each trip now so we may end up with another one and done or another we really have to stay here again.

Beach Club and Waldorf Astoria.

Beach Club was fine, we aren't big pool people so it was just kind of meh. If we got a great rate we might stay again, but it wouldn't be my top pick.

Waldorf we will never do again because of how terribly we were treated by staff. Absolutely horrible customer service and we felt very looked down upon for being a young couple dressed to go to a theme park. We regularly waited over an hour to get our car from valet while "wealthier looking" people were serviced immediately. Never ever again.

Old Key West. Too spread out for us. We used to visit to go to Olivia's but then they got rid of the Shrimp Po' Boy. No reason to go anymore.

Can't say I've got any "one and done". There are some that are way down the list. And some that aren't even on the list. Being DVC and resort snobs, none of the value resorts are on our list. SSR is a last resort for when we can't find a different DVC resort, but we have stayed there 2-3 times.

Our one and done will probably be Pop, or values in general. I really did not mind it as I was in Disney but DH does not want to go back to a value .

Yacht Club was one and done for us. I really didn't like the look and the CMs seemed a bit stuffy and standoffish. DH and DSs took one look at the greeter and said, look it's Captain Crunch. And then they started laughing like crazy. I pretended I didn't know them. I realized at that point that we were not in the right resort for us. LOL! The room was OK, just not my style. On the other hand DH and I stayed at GF and the CMs were friendly and helpful and we really liked the room. We have stayed at POFQ also, both with our DSs and just us, and really like it. We are trying out different resorts each trip now so we may end up with another one and done or another we really have to stay here again.
We’ve stayed at Beach club and walked over to Yacht. It was really quiet and felt like too many people were looking at us. Lol

Port or leans riverside was our one and done. While we enjoyed the princess themed room, the secondary pool felt like a sauna when we swam in it in July and the main pool cooler but super crowded with a super slow pool bar service. Just wasn’t the best experience

I have stayed at all the resorts, even what is now SOG and Swan/Dolphin except: AoA, PORFQ (have stayed at Riverside), SS and WL (I have stayed at the Fort in our RV though). I wouldn't say there are any that I absolutely positively would never stay at again but haven't stayed at any of the MK - Monorail resorts since the Epcot resorts opened up. We used to stay at them all the time with Poly being our favorite but that was just because they were all that was available on property at the time (well them and WL). We only do one half day at MK now so there really isn't a draw for staying at them for us. I probably wouldn't stay at a value resort for an entire trip, we use them for the first day or two of a trip during a split stay but I need me a hot tub. Now days we tend to stay at Swan/Dolphin because we spend most of our time at Epcot/HS and being able to walk to both is great. YC is my all time favorite resort on property but I can't seem to make myself spend what it costs when I can get Swan/Dolphin for so much less.

Coronado Springs was a one and done for me. Stayed last year and it was both too spread out and too crowded. Customer service was an issue too. It should not take over an hour wait in line to check in. Bell services then refused to bring my luggage to my room because it was raining, so I had to do it so I could change to go into the park. I was also refused a seating request on the water at Three Bridges Bar and Grill. I was told that that section had closed, but they seated the person right before me in line on the water. Just left a bad taste.

Vero Beach DVC Resort. Nice resort if you like the beach, but we're not really beach and sand in our cracks type of people. Not much else to do in the area. Also a long drive for not much excitement. At least it's off my DVC Bucket list.

Pre-skyliner, I'd say Coronado. I stayed at Coronado for a conference and barely realized I was at WDW.

All Star Movies was a one and done for us. It just seemed tired and not as well kept as other resorts.

I actually like POR, and I've spent a good amount of time in New Orleans--my dad is from New Orleans and we drove to NOLA from the northeast every single summer vacation of my childhood. I've spent nearly a year in NOLA in vacation days. I know it's not authentic, but it's clean and I like all of the walking paths (I'm the person who is trying to get 30,000 steps a day on vacation). It's also a resort that we have frequented since our kids were little, and with my parents, so perhaps there's a nostalgia factor for me.

I haven’t actually stayed there, so maybe doing so would change my mind, but I do not understand the appeal of GF. We always stop on the monorail to check things out, and every single time it just feels like an upscale nursing home. :cutie:
Love the new Enchanted Rose bar though!

Old Key West.
Only stayed in the studio but after staying for many years only in DVC or resort with inside halls, every time I heard a noise, I thought someone was coming in and the door would hit the bed. (of course it wasn't quite that near, but felt like it). I didn't like the "U" layout at all and did not have a good experience at Olivia's. Toss in the noise of the constant buses and bus stops and we are one and done.

I do realize many guests love OKW (and Olivia's).

All of the ones I’ve stayed at! I try to always stay at a new one each trip, there’s none I hated, though AKL Kidani was my favorite

POR...…..way to big.....food court wasn't very good either.

Doug :goofy:

If someone were to tell me it was the only way to get to Disney, there is no resort that is a "one and done." That being said, if I have the choice, I'd not stay again at POR, AKL Jambo DVC, Poly, or Caribbean Beach. We love Gran Destino, WL, AofA Suites, and POFQ.

Contemporary and All Stars. Nothing special about the Contemporary. None of the family liked All Star Movies. Might as well have stayed at a Holiday Inn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter