which resort?...SSR V OKW, V POR

mrs moon

Mouseketeer
Which resort would you choose for a family of 3 (two ladies & 13 year old girl)..no car ,so will be using Disney busses having dining plan?

Which resort would you choose for a family of 3 (two ladies & 13 year old girl)..no car ,so will be using Disney busses having dining plan?

What type room at each resort? For SSR and OKW would it be a cash or points reservation?

The SSR studio has a queen bed and a twin pull-out couch
The OKW studio has 2 queen beds (and no couch)

POR has a food court, which beats QS at any “Deluxe”. SSR has more dining options than OKW.

All SSR buildings have elevators.
OKW and POR can mean walking up stairs.(may not be a big deal, worse for strollers or elderly)

All 3 are external entry. But OKW and SSR would have balcony’s or patios.

All of the resorts have multiple bus stops in the resorts.

I probably wouldn’t pay more for a studio at OKW/SSR than POR (unless the balcony or walk to DTD is a big draw.).
I would definitely take a 1BR+ at OKW or SSR over a standard hotel room ;)

Both OKW and POR has boat service to Disney Springs as well. And depending on the height of the 13 year old, POR Alligator Bayou section also has the pull down murphy bed. I'm 5'2", and I could sleep comfortably on it. I've stayed at both OKW and POR, and would personally choose POR.

POR. I've stayed at all three. SSR would have only one queen bed and an uncomfortable sleep sofa. The other two resorts have two queen beds, with the addition of a Murphy bed in some rooms at POR.

I have stayed at all three and would choose OKW or SSR. If POR didn't allow dogs, that would be my first choice. Now it is no longer somewhere I consider.

Although I really like SSR, I would go with either POR, or OKW for better sleeping options. You would probably save a lot of money staying at POR, over either of the DVC properties with a cash reservation.

Our family liked POR much better then both OKW or SSR and definitely would not pay more $ to stay at either.

Perhaps that is only the case for European booking through the UK-website, but for us - paying also via cash - studio at OKW was cheaper than the standard room at POR, but we booked a package...

So far I only was at POR (royal room) and loved it, the foodcourt or walking to POFQ is great. But now I'm looking forward to OKW - balcony, more space and save me £350 - of course no real Food Court, but have to admit at my previous trips I hardly used them and that was the same for POR last year...

Just got back and stayed at OKW, I have also previously stayed at POR and can say without a doubt that POR has a more Deluxe feel than OKW, POR also has more charm. The landscaping at POR is beautiful compared to OKW. Our room was so run down looking and needed lots of repairs to bring it up to deluxe standards. I also was bitten by mosquitoes for the first time in all my many trips to WDW at OKW, while waiting for Magic express. Boy was I disappointed in OKW, the bus route in the resort was aweful, couldn't buy a refillable mug because of the lack of places to refill. I saw quiet a bit of repairs that needed to be made, rust on metal balcony, clogged rain gutters that created large puddles in front of room doors. I also missed the POR food court, so much more to eat at POR. Ate at Olivias for breakfast and once for Dinner and found it average, would not go out of my way to eat there, if not staying on property. I'd say POR all the way, if you can't get POR, then either CS (amazing) or CBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter