Which resort is better BVC or BWV?

BWV is a much better resort. Everyone should stay there. Honest. :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

nice hookon:rotfl:

Both are nice,

If you own at BW you can take advantage of the "standard" view villas saving tons of points and still have the location.

BCV is great if you have young kids the pool really can't be beat and I really like the dedicated two bedroom accomodations better than the lockoffs

I think it depends upon just how small your young children are, and how they are around the pool. While the pool at BC is terrific, if your children won't play in the kids pool alone, or use the slide, then it doesn't matter much. It depends more on which pool the parents want to be in. BC pool is great for teens and pre-teens who are safe with a little bit of freedom, BW pool is better for those kids who should be kept close at hand. :dance3:

If they are small, 'loud', 'obnoxious', children then the BWV is a much better place to stay; I'll be at the BCV. :rotfl2:

If they are small, 'loud', 'obnoxious', children then the BWV is a much better place to stay; I'll be at the BCV. :rotfl2:

That is a very RUDE comment. If you do not like children you have no business in Disney World. You should go to an all adult resort than.

That is a very RUDE comment. If you do not like children you have no business in Disney World. You should go to an all adult resort than.

I think that was meant as a harmless joke, I wouldn't take it so seriously or personally. I have young kids too, but wouldn't hesitate to make that kind of joke.

As a matter of fact, I would have added "and pee in the pool" to that joke.

But to answer your question, other than the pools (i.e., BCV better for older kids, BWV better for younger kids), it's really six of one, half dozen of the other.

Well, EXCUUUUSSSSE ME !(in my best Steve Martin); that's why I put the smiley at the end. No offense was intended.

I am sorry I am just knew to this and with all this typing you can't tell what a persons tone is. I have also experienced some rude people in Disney who seem to get annoyed with strollers and children my cousin who goes all the time says she expereinces the same thing. This really angers me because if you don't like children thats fine just find another place to go because Disney is all about kids.

I am sorry I am just knew to this and with all this typing you can't tell what a persons tone is. I have also experienced some rude people in Disney who seem to get annoyed with strollers and children my cousin who goes all the time says she expereinces the same thing. This really angers me because if you don't like children thats fine just find another place to go because Disney is all about kids.

That's okay. Go ahead and make a joke about rude and obnoxious parents though. That will get nothing but :thumbsup2

SAB (BCVs) has a zero entry pool. That's nice for the tot set. BWVs has a kiddy pool, then the regular pool is deep - so for about the three - five age, its SAB is a better pool.

At five or so, SAB becomes the pool that makes you wish you brought along hair color.....the pool is very large and twisty, its an easy place to loose kids. And its eight feet deep off the edge in spots. At this point, the BWV pool - shallower at its deepest place and nearly completely viewable from your lawnchair next to Leaping Libations, becomes my preferred pool.

At some point (my oldest is eight and isn't there yet), SAB becomes a friendly pool again - that point is when you can say "I'll meet you right here at 3:00" and not spend the next two hours worried that they have drowned and have a kid who might show up by 3:15. At that point its a very cool pool.

As to the rest of the resort - if you have a two bedroom unit, all of BWVs are lockoffs, some parents don't like that, you can try for a dedicated at BCVs. Boardwalk has standard view rooms, but don't count on them being available after the seven month window opens (sometimes they are, don't count on it) - same with Boardwalk View rooms. The other features - the resorts are so close to one another that the availability of the kids club at the Y&BC (none at the Boardwalk) is simply "more convienient" if you are staying at the Y&BC. The Boardwalk entertainment is just "more convinent" from the Boardwalk. But its a couple minute walk between the two resorts.

I happen to think the couch at BCV is really hideous, and the shower curtain at BWV is worse (if you have a shower curtain)....but those sorts of things are subjective and maybe don't make any difference to you.

Our problem is that we can't decide either. We just bought 50 pts. at BCV because they are often harder to book/buy and we knew the price was increasing. As for BWV, we would like points because of the standard and boardwalk view opitons. Plus, we spent our wedding night at BW! :love:

We will probably eventually end up with both - using BCV for spring and summer trips and BWV for F&W festival.

I've stayed at both and was specifically looking to decide which I liked better. For me, definitely BCV-but that doesn't mean it's the better resort for everyone. It's all about the theming and what appeals to you. I just love going out on the beach in front of BC and squishing my toes in the sand. At BWV, to see that water and not be able to access a beach-that seemed cruel! I also feel more comfortable (I think the word is "laid back") at BCV, lying on the couch reading a book while I eat my gelato (Oh, yes-the nearness of gelato is another reason I love BCV). I love the BC Marketplace for being able to pick up quick food without going outside, or at least uncovered outside. At BWV, if it's raining, getting food is no fun. Wow-now I'm getting homesick!

SAB (BCVs) has a zero entry pool. That's nice for the tot set. BWVs has a kiddy pool, then the regular pool is deep - so for about the three - five age, its SAB is a better pool.

At five or so, SAB becomes the pool that makes you wish you brought along hair color.....the pool is very large and twisty, its an easy place to loose kids. And its eight feet deep off the edge in spots. At this point, the BWV pool - shallower at its deepest place and nearly completely viewable from your lawnchair next to Leaping Libations, becomes my preferred pool.

At some point (my oldest is eight and isn't there yet), SAB becomes a friendly pool again - that point is when you can say "I'll meet you right here at 3:00" and not spend the next two hours worried that they have drowned and have a kid who might show up by 3:15. At that point its a very cool pool.

As to the rest of the resort - if you have a two bedroom unit, all of BWVs are lockoffs, some parents don't like that, you can try for a dedicated at BCVs. Boardwalk has standard view rooms, but don't count on them being available after the seven month window opens (sometimes they are, don't count on it) - same with Boardwalk View rooms. The other features - the resorts are so close to one another that the availability of the kids club at the Y&BC (none at the Boardwalk) is simply "more convienient" if you are staying at the Y&BC. The Boardwalk entertainment is just "more convinent" from the Boardwalk. But its a couple minute walk between the two resorts.

I happen to think the couch at BCV is really hideous, and the shower curtain at BWV is worse (if you have a shower curtain)....but those sorts of things are subjective and maybe don't make any difference to you.

Very good analysis, and I like you taste in couches- it is really ugly!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter