Which resort is a never or never again for you?

I have absolutely zero desire to stay at Fort Wilderness (and will absolutely never ever ever camp there) and would prefer to never stay at CBR again or any of the All Stars (though we contemplated Movies instead of Pop for our arrival day this December).

I've stayed at every resort except Yacht Club, the Fort Wilderness Campground and Art of Animation. My "one and done" was All Star Music. I'd happily return to All Star Sports or All Star Movies, but Music was really spread out and the theme just doesn't do it for me.

I also hated Port Orleans Riverside because we were in the Alligator Bayou area which was a long way away from the main pool and food court and accessible via twisty-turny footpaths. It took forever to get to the food court and main pool. I would consider staying there again, but only in one of the Mansions building.

FWIW, the point is probably moot for me because I can't being myself to pay cash for onsite hotel rooms. Any resort I stay at will have to be a DVC resort using my points and I like all of them (although some more than others).

Bay Lake Tower (studio). It felt incredibly small and the resort itself is rather bland

The Contemporary. The rooms are not soundproof. We found that out when we had 10 straight days of toddlers and babies next door to us screaming until after midnight. Really not a fan of how the elevators operate, either, and how crowded they get.
We did have a lovely view and the walk to the Magic Kingdom was easy and quick, but I just can't deal with the hotel itself.
Is this a situation where you can request to be moved?

The value resorts. I have given them 4 tries over the last couple of decades and all 4 stays where the worst experiences that I have had at WDW. Staff doesn't care. I even had one roll their eyes at me when I was telling them about a room issue. To be clear, I am very, very nice and always give a compliment first and say that I am not mad and that I understand things happen, but it just needed to be taken care of. I don't care for their placement of the smoking areas since you have to walk right past them to get to the main building where the bus and dining is. This really stinks when you are allergic to it. The pools have no shade or water slides. The rooms are too small. Just not my thing.

The Contemporary. The rooms are not soundproof. We found that out when we had 10 straight days of toddlers and babies next door to us screaming until after midnight. Really not a fan of how the elevators operate, either, and how crowded they get.
We did have a lovely view and the walk to the Magic Kingdom was easy and quick, but I just can't deal with the hotel itself.

I have had the screaming baby situation at all types of resorts. I don't think that it is Contemporary specific. But I can see how it would sour a person against the resort. It has been decades since I have stayed at the Contemporary, but I think that it has changed a bit since then.

We pretty much only stay DVC, so no moderates or values. Of the DVC resorts I can’t say I would absolutely never stay at any of them but my least favorite are Bay Lake Tower and the Kidani wing of AKV(Love the Jambo side for DVC). We stayed at all DVC resorts with the exception of OKW and Aulani.

Poly. We stayed in one of the studios. Not impressed at all. We had more room, 2 full bathrooms at AOA! Our location wasn't bad, the resort is beautiful, but never again.

CSR is my one and done. We did not enjoy our stay there at all. Issues with both rooms, poor communication with the staff, and MUCH too spread out, even though we had "Preferred" rooms -- we ended up being equidistant between the tower and the next bus stop.

Is this a situation where you can request to be moved?

It probably is. Our stay outlasted the first family's, though, and we thought there would be a reprieve. There was not, and it would have been just as much of a crapshoot to move.
We haven't had the problem at any other Disney hotel. Just the Contemporary. It honestly would have probably been okay if I hadn't lived through having my own colicky baby years before. The constant crying from next door at the hotel was sending me into a bit of a panic all over again.
We learned we like the hotels where the atmosphere is expected to be quieter overall or have quiet places to escape to. The Contemporary didn't quite have what we were looking for.

Pop, quite a few years ago. Could hear people walking by the windows the entire time we were there. And don’t get me started about the flushing toilets in adjacent rooms.

Never never again. Would much prefer offsite to Pop.

I don't think I'll go back to the All Stars. The long bus rides and walks to the rooms aren't worth it to technically be on property. If that's where my budget is for the trip, I would look at Swan and Dolphin or Disney Springs area resorts. I loved them as a kid, and maybe this will change if I have kids, but for now it's a no.

For DVC, OKW is at the bottom of the list. The theming and how spread out the resort is, plus the distance to the parks are pretty unappealing. Saratoga Springs is just above it because it's closer to Disney Springs, but also near the bottom. Every other DVC resort I want to at least spend a night at.

I definitely understand not enjoying Caribbean Beach, especially with the size, but getting a room right near the Skyliner is fantastic. I went from walking out of my room to the Studios entrance in 8 minutes. The Jamaica bus stop is also the first stop in the morning, so I never had an issue getting to Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom.

Last edited:
Animal Kingdom Lodge- never stayed there, but took a bus over to walk around one day and just didn’t like the whole vibe. It felt very dark.
I like how there’s something for everyone though. We actually love how spread-out CBR is, as it felt quieter and provided some peace after crowds in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter