Which resort has the best standard room?

WDWOswald

DIS Veteran
What’s your favorite hotel room in Walt Disney World in 2024? Which room (forget which hotel it is attached to) “knocks it out of the park” for theme, comfort, decor, layout, space, color scheme, furniture, features, etc.? (Studios only- don’t comment voting for a grand villa or a 1 bedroom).

Sounds crazy but I love POP Century redesign for their bathroom I would love to hire the company to duplicate it !
I also love the Kitchen design at BLT in their studio . It’s the perfect design for a studio kitchenette and whenever I run away to find that me that just graduated from College and want to live in New York or Paris or San Francisco or Chicago. I have just described the life I provided for my daughter cause she did all of that !
I guess I understand why I love BLT so much now ! haha

Assuming we’re talking about the hotel side here, would have to be Poly for me. Best room renovation done on property this cycle, in my humble opinion. Quality materials, warm vibe, very functional/livable design, among the largest rooms on property, just enough unique design elements to give that ‘not a regular hotel’ feeling.

Assuming we’re talking about the hotel side here, would have to be Poly for me. Best room renovation done on property this cycle, in my humble opinion. Quality materials, warm vibe, very functional/livable design, among the largest rooms on property, just enough unique design elements to give that ‘not a regular hotel’ feeling.
I came here to say this. They’re easily my favorite of all the recent refurbs. Disney really knocked it out of the park balancing the theming elements with everything else. If you didn’t know anything about Moana at all it would still be beautiful.

I loved those Moana rooms. The Moana refurb is why we booked there on our rescheduled 2020 trip that didn't happen until 2022.

I came here to say this. They’re easily my favorite of all the recent refurbs. Disney really knocked it out of the park balancing the theming elements with everything else. If you didn’t know anything about Moana at all it would still be beautiful.

Yeah, the opposite of what they have done to my beloved CR with the over-the-top Incredibles theme and seemingly cheaper design elements that are not wearing well. ☹️

Yeah, the opposite of what they have done to my beloved CR with the over-the-top Incredibles theme and seemingly cheaper design elements that are not wearing well. ☹️
It's such a bummer, and I'm really kicking myself for not staying there pre-refurb, even though the rooms were kind of long in the tooth. I just don't know how they got it so right with Poly and GF but CR is...that. Especially when the lobby was redone so nicely, with the Mary Blair touches; I really wish they had gone with that style in the rooms too.

I have a standard room booked at the GF booked for January 2025. I have gone back and forth between this and the Poly for the same reason a gazillion times. According to Touring Plans, none od them seem to have a bad view or location.

Agreed too about the CR rooms. The Incredibles rooms look AWFUL. I love the idea of the CR with the monorail running through it. Also, the location seems as good as it gets. But I can’t stomach those over-the-top rooms - they’re so ugly.

I just meant any room on property that isn’t a suite.
Gotcha. Studios are funny at WDW, they are actually a specific DVC category below one-bedrooms.

I love the GDT rooms, but not for families due to the bathroom layout.

This thread has me wanting to try Poly!

Gotcha. Studios are funny at WDW, they are actually a specific DVC category below one-bedrooms.

I love the GDT rooms, but not for families due to the bathroom layout.

This thread has me wanting to try Poly!
The Poly rooms really are gorgeous, and pictures honestly don't do them justice. We were blown away when we stayed last summer. They weren't bad by any means before the refurb but they are much brighter and airy now and really have that beachy vibe that you would expect from it. And despite being pretty heavily themed, it's done in a way that feels a lot classier for lack of a better term than what was done at CR. The accent wall with Maui's tattoos just feels like culturally appropriate artwork unless you specifically look for the characters. Hei Hei by the coffee station cracks me up though. He's the last one that needs caffeine! My one issue is we lost a significant amount of counterspace in the bathroom compared to before. It was a bit of a struggle to keep my product from taking over and next year we'll have a third person with us. o_O

I have heard one or two folks say that they feel all the different patterns make the room feel a bit busy, but I think they work well as contrasting elements. I really think this and the GF are the gold standard of Disney deluxes incorporating character theming now.

For budget, SSR is pretty nice and LARGE!
For new rooms my wife really likes the new resort studios at GFV for the elegance. She says she feels like a princes staying in those rooms :)

Polynesian studios. Large and comfortable, 2 bathroom areas and spacious balconies. The views are generally pretty good even for the standard rooms.

GF! I do love the look of the Poly rooms, but the resort is just not my favorite, so I always shy away. In defense of CR, the new bathrooms are fabulous. The rest of it I can take or leave.

The renovated rooms at the All Stars are immaculate, nicely themed, and really feel so clean. Putting the two part sliding door on the toilet/ shower section is brilliant because that was so awkwardly cramped before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter