Which resort has the "Best" Grand Villas

We have stayed at BLT grand villas and that with a MK view I think is amazing for people who don’t Disney often. Just getting to see the castle at night and the fireworks (whenever they come back) is amazing. And the windows are just great. Also you have super easy access to the top of the world lounge if the adults want to sneak away.

I also toured the remodeled BWV GV and it is lovely.

When we walk by the GV at Vero we really love them. Would like our extended fam to help celebrate our 40th Anniv:love:, in a few years there.. our expected grandson will be 2 and a half by then!:cheer2: Cannot wait!
Hope you do experience one!

We are aiming for January for a long weekend (probably 4-5 days). Will be using points. The # of points shouldn't be an issue (thanks to having to cancel our trips this year and bank lots of points...). When we did a quick check last night, seems many of the Grand Villas have availabilities.
Let us know what you end up booking...when it comes to GVs - I’m sure they’ll all give you a fabulous vacation!

We loved our BLT GV! We were on the same floor as TOWL (and the floor below it). It was so nice to not have to go back down to take the elevator up to TOWL. Plus the theme park view is great. We had 10 people in it.

Don't know how much will change between now and then but we were booked at OKW HH GV, due to low (30%) occupancy, many buildings (including building 25) were not online, so we were moved to Kidani GV Savannah view. We loved the upgrade, very roomy and the extra sleep area and bathroom were very welcome.

We're taking my MIL for her 50th birthday next year, and trying to book a OKW Grand Villa seven months out. Just a heads up -- they're the lowest point cost, at least for us when we're traveling in October.

Theirs are the cheapest grand villas on property across the board but there are only 13 of them on property thus making extremely hard to book without priority. I don't say this to be rude but rather encourage you to have a fallback such as kidani.

I have window shopped all the grand villas and can only conclude it comes down to personal taste. Here are my top ones.

1) Villas Grand Floridian. This isn't close. It has a media room that can double as a 4th bedroom. It reeks luxury and opulence and clocks in at a whopping 2,800 sq ft which is over 400 more sq ft than its closest grand villa rival. It's at the top of my bookable disney room bucket list.

2) Jambo house. A fantastic sprawl of a room with 3 crescent porches overlooking the savannah, a game room, one of the best lobbys on property comes in at 2,349 sq ft and has some of the best grounds and dining on property to back it. This appeals to the outdoorsy type with an affinity for wildlife.

3) Copper Creek. There are many parallels in jambo and CCV with regards to the outdoor theme but I felt animals elevated Jambo. Copper creek is more modern, smaller of the three but luxury is not lost here in the slightest Given its recent build, i'd argue that behind VGF, this GV will offer the nicest amenities while also following you to feel your somewhere else.

Honorable mention - Boardwalk. A stunning grand villa that is walking to two parks.

We are looking to get a group of around 10 together to celebrate my dad's 70th (a mix of adults and kids). Thought it'd be a great occasion to spurge on a Grand Villa - and this would be his first time to Disney! Are there much differences between the Grand Villas? If so, which resort's Grand Villa would you recommend? Thanks!!
We are looking to get a group of around 10 together to celebrate my dad's 70th (a mix of adults and kids). Thought it'd be a great occasion to spurge on a Grand Villa - and this would be his first time to Disney! Are there much differences between the Grand Villas? If so, which resort's Grand Villa would you recommend? Thanks!!
This is an easy one......BLT is the best for a variety of reasons..........
* Monorail resort with walk to MK, amenities of Contemporary that has added benefit of Top of The Word lounge along with other great dining options
* 2 levels with floor to ceiling windows for great atmosphere
* First floor master if you your dad cant climb stairs
* second living room area with a TV on 2nd level loft
* 1 king and 4 queens (some have double size beds) and 2 separate pull out couches (1 in each living room)
* Huge laundry room
* 4 bathrooms
* lowest point requirement for deluxe hotel category (for DVC properties) other than AKL.......for eg. VGF are 33% higher point requirements and Riviera is 25% higher
* Oh yeah, forgot to mention i biased b its my home hotel and have stayed in them several times

On a side note, dont forget that you can buy 3 additional FP's when you rent a 3 BR grand villa if thats something you are interested in (and Disney reinstates FP)

good luck but you really cant go wrong

Theirs are the cheapest grand villas on property across the board but there are only 13 of them on property thus making extremely hard to book without priority. I don't say this to be rude but rather encourage you to have a fallback such as kidani.

Yep, we definitely have a backup plan. We're going to book a 2BR at Kidani (we don't have enough points for a GV) at 11 months and then try for OKW at 7 months. I might try to even do a split stay if there's availability. We'll see what happens :) Quick question -- I was doing some research and read (on this forum and in other places) that OKW has 27 grand villas. Is that outdated? Did they reduce that number at some point? Or does the 13 just refer to those near Hospitality House?

I wanted to book one for the spring (trip off now) and my pick was Copper Creek, if I could get it.

Yep, we definitely have a backup plan. We're going to book a 2BR at Kidani (we don't have enough points for a GV) at 11 months and then try for OKW at 7 months. I might try to even do a split stay if there's availability. We'll see what happens :) Quick question -- I was doing some research and read (on this forum and in other places) that OKW has 27 grand villas. Is that outdated? Did they reduce that number at some point? Or does the 13 just refer to those near Hospitality House?
There are only 2 in the near the Hospitality House category. They are in building 25

I copied this somewhere. From what they list below, there should be 28 GV’s, but I’m pretty sure there are only 27.

The Grand Villas at OKW are in Bldgs 15,16,19,22,25,29,43,48,49,51,53,63. Buildings 49 and 51 have 3 Grand Villas in each.
Building 48 has 1 GV located on the first floor and 3 on the second floor.
Building 63 has 2 GV which are Handicapped access(elevators and roll in showers).
It looks like all the other buildings have 2 GV's located side by side and are all on the second floor.

Last edited:
We’ve been lucky enough to stay in GVs at Aulani, BWV, BLT, and AKL-Kidani. I had one booked for OKW last March/April, but that fell through. I’d stay in any GV- each resort has its own charms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter