Which resort has a better 1 Bedroom

Tigger2ntinkerbell

DIS Veteran
Looking at "maybe" Christmas(Dec 15 to 19,2014)time 2014. 2 Adults, may be 3.

Looking at 1 bedroom,Which has the better(size) Room :
AKV (Jambo or Kidani)Value
BWV Standard
OKW (didn't state on web site, I am assuming its a Standard).
Please let me know. TIA :santa::santa::santa:

AKV Value 1-bedroom is approx. 629 sq feet. Values only exists in Jambo House.
BWV 1-bedroom is approx. 712 sq feet.
OWK 1-bedroom is approx. 942 sq feet.

value villas at jambo and BWV-standard can book up quickly for december so availability might be iffy at the 7 month window, so be aware of that.

kidani-standard view 1BRs have a second bathroom, so you might want to consider those as an option as well.

okw is the biggest

would not get a 1-bedroom value - Jambo House - would go for standard at Kidani

you get a much bigger villa and you get 2 bathrooms.

the Jambo House only has the one bathroom and the shower and tub (it is a whirlpool tub) are combination -so crowded.

BWV is not even in the running with AKV and OKW for largest 1-bedroom - now they do have an expection - but these are so hard to get - the corner rooms are big.

OKW is the biggest of the 1 bedrooms, but in a few of the rooms, you have to walk through the bedroom to get to the bathroom (my mom stays with us a lot and this is uncomfortable for my DH) - there are rooms that are not configured this way...room numbers above 3000 - I think.

I MUCH prefer AKV Kidani - for the extra bathroom.
Hands down :)
+have a great trip

AKV Kidani and BLT have the only 1BRs at WDW with two bathrooms and both of those are large 1BRs (smaller than OKW and VGF but larger than any of the other DVC resorts). BLT gives you an MK monorail resort from which you can walk to MK, and if you get high floor lake view, some very impressive views. If largest size is most important, OKW is the one. If most elaborate decor and furnishings is key, then it looks like the new VGF will be the one. That of course also gives you easy access to MK and Disney's premier monorail resort address. If easy access to two parks, walking ability to dozens of restaurants, and a resort with its own night life is important then BWV is the choice, or nearby BCV.

Note if you are going to be booking at 7 months out for Dec 15-19, you should not expect to be able to get low point options at a near park resort, BLT standard or BWV standard view, or get BWV boardwalk view, but BLT lake view, BWV pool/garden, VWL and even BCV have a good probability of being open third week of Dec (December's only moderate DVC demand week; the other weeks in Dec are DVC's highest demand times of the year).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter