Which Resort for your Honeymoon?

Koyta said:
We're staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. He surprised me with a trip and proposed there. It's also our favorite resort, we love the animals. :)
Nice choice! :thumbsup2 We'll be there too! :cool1:

We will be staying at the Polynesian the Friday and Sat. before the wedding. Then we will switch to the GF for our Comp. night and then we will got to the AKL for 2 nights. After that we will leave on our 3 day DCL cruise. I am so excited!!!

Grand Flordian for us for a 14night stay then onto a villa for the 3rd week. Had a wonderful time, but love to stay at the GF again but cannot afford it just yet.

We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside from 28th october to 11th November; we have a water view room. I have never stayed here before so i am really excited, it looks like a very romantic resort. I didnt see the point in spending extra for a deluxe as we have two children and there is not much chance of any 'alone' time! I think a second honeymoon is in order! :teeth:

POFQ disneymooners,

I used to lifeguard at POFQ and RS, and the FQ was definitely my favorite(and the rooms have been recently renovated!). It is so romantic at night, especially if you get a room overlooking the river. I would definetly get a room far away from the pool because it get so noisy, even at night there were often rowdy teenagers. BTW, if you really want some attention about just getting married, let one of the lifeguards at the pool know. :cool1: Make sure to take a horse carriage ride(leaves from RS), and take a stroll along some of the resort paths, very romantic around dusk!

We are staying the night of our wedding (the 8th) thru the 12th at the Poly, the 13th-16th is on the Disney Wonder, and the 16th-22nd is at PoP!! Lots of switching around but WELL worth it! I honestly am hoping that we can get some good free upgrades with it being Value season!! :rolleyes1

Wow You guys are all planning these amaznig honeymoons.
Were coming in on monday wedding is on weds.
Then we'll be stay till sunday.
:-(
Un fortunantly the Hubby to be is in paramedic school and was luckly to get that much time off.
Im currently trying to figure out where we will be staying.
Were leaning more towards Pop because its much more relaxed than some of the other resorts.

BG and I have a honeymoon room at the GF booked. I have put in a request for a turret room as well. We were lucky enough to stay in one of the turret rooms on our visit it July, and it is wonderful!!! :wizard:

My DW and I got married in Arkansas and then not 1 hour later started our drive to DIS because she wanted the honeymoon to actually start in Disney. So we drove 13 hrs and got there in the morning. ANYWAY....we stayed at the Caribbean Beach as well and if memory serves right, we stayed at Jamaica, which is on the other side of the check-in building, but the buses make a stop there and it's far enough away that it's secluded and a little more romantic. They do have a beach there as well that you can lay in hammocks at night and it's REALLY romantic! IM me if you want more tips/info! CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SRUAlmn said:
Hey!! I never noticed this before (and I'm sure you have,) but Sajetto and HeatherLynn are only getting married 1 day apart! That's so cool!! I wish I knew someone who was getting married there around the same time as me :teeth:

We were originally looking at July 7, 2007 but I think a Saturday might be too expensive and I'm sure that is a popular choice. So I think right now we are hoping for July 8 or July 15th. Just have to wait and see what is available. :woohoo:

DF and I are getting married in PA March 31, 2007 and then disneymooning at Saratoga Springs Resort April 1-7. Is anyone else staying there for their disneymoon/has anyone else stayed there for their disneymoon?

DIP626 said:
We were originally looking at July 7, 2007 but I think a Saturday might be too expensive and I'm sure that is a popular choice. So I think right now we are hoping for July 8 or July 15th. Just have to wait and see what is available. :woohoo:

Cool!! We originally had 7-7-07 too because it was my parents' anniversary, however, I agree with the whole too expensive for a Saturday thing. We have booked July 12, so let me know if you do the 15th because we will still be there :) :) :)

I will be staying at the GF, Magic Kingdom view room (apparently now you can book that and be guaranteed a view...whereas before you would just book a lagoon room and "hope" for a view of the magic kingdom) for 8 nights, June 3-11th.

SRUAlmn said:
Cool!! We originally had 7-7-07 too because it was my parents' anniversary, however, I agree with the whole too expensive for a Saturday thing. We have booked July 12, so let me know if you do the 15th because we will still be there :) :) :)

Well I just finally got a call back yesterday and we're officially pencilled in for 7-8-07!! Woohoo! :woohoo: I asked about 7-7-07 just out of curiousity and it is completely booked up anyway. I'm not sure if it's feasible yet, but we might try to switch if for 7-14-07 as we might be able to make the Saturday requirements.....but this still a really big maybe. I'll keep you posted though. :)

::MickeyMo

We'll be staying at the Grand Floridian July 10-19. I told my fiancee we'll be there till the 17th and I'll tell her we'll be staying 2 extra days a couple of days before we leave. We're really excited, since neither of have stayed at the GF before. It's expensive, but worth it.

ExCPKate said:
POFQ disneymooners,

I used to lifeguard at POFQ and RS, and the FQ was definitely my favorite(and the rooms have been recently renovated!). It is so romantic at night, especially if you get a room overlooking the river. I would definetly get a room far away from the pool because it get so noisy, even at night there were often rowdy teenagers. BTW, if you really want some attention about just getting married, let one of the lifeguards at the pool know. :cool1: Make sure to take a horse carriage ride(leaves from RS), and take a stroll along some of the resort paths, very romantic around dusk!
WHOO HOOO!
We are taking our honeymoon Feb3-10 at POFQ! Even though we will be married in October back home! I am soo excited. I have troble working on the wedding and all I want to do is plan our trip! :joker: :joker: :joker:

BwayBaby said:
I guess we're in the minority, but we're staying for 10 days/9 nights at POP Century (leaving in exactly one week - our wedding is this Sunday!). We decided to stay longer at the value resort (which feels more Disney to me as I've been to the world 12 times, but have never stayed on property) rather than a shorter stay at a more expensive resort.

And...we don't plan on being in the room that much as we've been together for three years and have lived together for almost a full year - we know what "that's" all about by now and we're looking forward to rides, food, fun, and the occasional "nap" -- if you get my drift! :-)

We are also staying at the POP Century resort on our honeymoon in April! I am so excited cause we are both big kids and I hear so much fun stuff about POP! When you get back give me a full report please! Enjoy and CONGRATS!

We spent the two nights before the wedding in the Contemporary with a MK tower room. It was great and really got us interested in staying at the CR.

We then moved to the BWI and had a Garden Suite for another 5 nights. We just love those rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter