Which resort for a family of 6?

We took our 3 grandkids on a trip a couple years ago and stayed in a 1 bedroom at BLT. They LOVED the location next to the MK, the great pool at BLT (you can walk over to the Contemporary pool also) and being on the monorail. You would need the 2 bedroom with 6 but 3 bathrooms are great! I think they will love any Disney resort in the end. They are all different and special in their own way.

My wife and I were talking this evening and she commented that her favorite family vacation so far was at Kidani. Perhaps it was the time of year (October) and perhaps it was the very comfortable resort or maybe both but we had a fantastic time there. This resort was our "trial run" of DVC before we decided to buy. We rented the points to stay there and were so impressed we bought in (but at SSR).

AKL definitely qualifies as a stand-alone destination resort. That you can access the rest of the Disney property fairly easily just adds that much more value to staying there. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

I am also looking at BLT because I know they would LOVE the monorail and how close the resort is to everything.

I would recommend BLT for the location alone. It's absolutely amazing to be able to walk to/from MK and also be on the monorail for Epcot.

The location on Bay Lake is exciting with so many things going on right around the resort (boats, monorails, other great resorts, MK so close, and Seven Seas lagoon). My family loves the pool and the slide at BLT as well.

Plus you have 3 bathrooms which will be valuable.

My family always enjoyes our stays there and I've always felt it's worth the extra points.

Although you may hesitate to book Beach Club, my family ALWAYS wants to stay there. We now have 2 grandkids and will be staying at BLT next trip b/c of the easy access to MK, but our other DD and DS are not coming. If they were, I'm sure they would fight for BC. Our 3 grown children have always loved Storm Along Bay, and for that reason alone prefer BCV above all others.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. We are leaning towards AKL, but for some reason I am hesitant. Will I be disappointed by this resort?

Everyone should stay at least once at AKL especially a Savanna view. Yes the travel to other parks is far away but you will never get to experience this opportunity anyplace else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter