Which quick and full-service restaurants do NOT offer 10% discount for AP holders?

DisneyMom93

DisneyMom
I'm debating whether or not to upgrade one of our "2-day get 3-day free tickets" to a Preferred Annual Pass for about $128 more. I would have to spend $1280 in dining to make the extra cost of $128 worth it. I know we would spend more than that over the course of our 9-day stay, but am not sure if it would depend on at which restaurants we can or cannot eat.

Are there any quick or full-service restaurants in the 2 parks, and/or in CitiWalk that do NOT offer the 10% discount for Preferred AP holders?

Also, do any resort restaurants offer 10% off for Preferred AP holders?

Also, I saw that you get 10% off if you purchase the Quick Dining Plan with Freestyle cup with Amex. I don't see that value in getting the dining plan or the Freestyle cup for us even with 10% off because that's $30 a day per person but I think we each cheaper than that, and we don't need (or want to carry around) Freestyle cups.

EDIT: I meant to ask: Is there any other discount for Amex cardholders? Or just the dining plan?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
10% off at Universal Orlando® owned and operated merchandise stores and carts (restrictions apply on select merchandise)
10% off at select restaurants (excluding food & beverage carts and alcoholic beverages)
The restaurants are pretty much all of them. There are a few privately owned ones that don't take it---I think Bubba Gump's doesn't take it.

If you are buying a Coke Freestyle cup, recharge it at a food stand instead of the machine and you get your AP discount on that as well. Also, all merch (except non-Universal stores, like the independant ones in Lost Continent) gives you a discount with your AP.

Yes, the hotel restaurants as well.

I don't know anything about AmEx, sorry.

The full list of all discounts (not just dining) is on Universal’s website. In-park everywhere except kiosks/carts give a discount. If you buy your pass with an amex card there is a private lounge in the studios park. There’s also a passholder lounge in studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter