• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Poly stay would you choose?

We booked tonight! Went club level, this may be the only trip we make to WDW for many years (my family owns a home 45 min from DL so we tend to go that direction!) so figured we may as well splurge for some extras!

Really appreciate you all weighing in. Such a nice group here.

I don't think you'll be disappointed as Poly CL is amazing! Not only will the lounge be waiting for you upon arrival as a pp mentioned, but you can access the lounge all day on your check out day. Check out time is 11:00 am, but you will have access to all of the resort's amenities (including the CL lounge) until midnight of the day you check out. Enjoy the rest of your planning :wizard:.

You picked my favourite resort! You'll love the Poly. The pools, the restaurants, the ambiance. the bar.

As for helping you choose which option to go for, I would definitely stick with a standard room. The rooms are much bigger than a studio. Even though I loved the decor and the extra shower in the studio, opening up that pull out couch each day was a pain and the mattress on that bed was kinda small for the kids. The room felt tight once that couch was open.

As for Club Level, I never went that route so that is your decision!

Hope that helped!

Nice. If so inclined as you get closer to planning, swing by the Club Level thread and also the Theme Parks Attractions & Stratagies Board. You’re traveling among one of the busiest (but exciting) times of year at WDW and there are lots of folks around the DIS that can assist with expectations, planning, questions, etc. Have fun!

Thank you! Believe me, I've gone back and forth for a month with anxiety over traveling at such a crazy time. In the end, it's truly the best time for our family to travel so just decided to go with it, see what we can see and don't stress over what we can't, plan for some down time around the resort when it gets crazy, and DEFINITELY stick around these boards to learn all I can learn to make things go smoothly! Thanks so much. :)

I don't think you'll be disappointed as Poly CL is amazing! Not only will the lounge be waiting for you upon arrival as a pp mentioned, but you can access the lounge all day on your check out day. Check out time is 11:00 am, but you will have access to all of the resort's amenities (including the CL lounge) until midnight of the day you check out. Enjoy the rest of your planning :wizard:.

Good to know re: check out day! We will likely elect to leave slightly later in the day (nothing I hate more than a 4am wake up call and dash to the airport with exhausted kids to end a vacation on a stressful note) and enjoy the amenities as long as possible! Thanks.

You picked my favourite resort! You'll love the Poly. The pools, the restaurants, the ambiance. the bar.

As for helping you choose which option to go for, I would definitely stick with a standard room. The rooms are much bigger than a studio. Even though I loved the decor and the extra shower in the studio, opening up that pull out couch each day was a pain and the mattress on that bed was kinda small for the kids. The room felt tight once that couch was open.

As for Club Level, I never went that route so that is your decision!

Hope that helped!

Definitely helpful, thank you! We can't wait! (Well husband and I can't wait. Kids are in the dark for a loooooong while. It's going to be a long wait for Christmas/the big reveal haha.)

We booked tonight! Went club level, this may be the only trip we make to WDW for many years (my family owns a home 45 min from DL so we tend to go that direction!) so figured we may as well splurge for some extras!

I think this is a great decision. I would not have chosen a villa, those things are not spacious, and one bed is a deal breaker for my family. Over a holiday, CL is a nice addition, and while my family does not use it for meal replacement, the benefits for breakfast, lounging, and snacks and appetizers are without measure.

In the end, it's truly the best time for our family to travel so just decided to go with it, see what we can see and don't stress over what we can't, plan for some down time around the resort when it gets crazy

I think that's a great plan! Take it slow and do what you can, but don't stress over what you can't see/do. I'd definitely plan some down time at the resort as the Poly has such a nice tropical atmosphere that's it's easy to relax in those beautiful surroundings :cloud9:.

Good to know re: check out day! We will likely elect to leave slightly later in the day (nothing I hate more than a 4am wake up call and dash to the airport with exhausted kids to end a vacation on a stressful note) and enjoy the amenities as long as possible! Thanks.

You're welcome! Enjoy the rest of your planning :wizard:.

You are going to be so pleased with this decision. One thing I don't think was mentioned here was the view. The one time I booked standard at the Poly, I was facing the parking lot and that really took away some of the magic. With club level, you'll have a much nicer view. With 5 people in the room, you will like having the lounge down the hall for relaxing. It's open all the time, even when it's not food service hours, so you can always go sit in there to read or visit or whatever.

We have stayed there over 4th of July and they block off a part of the beach for CL to watch the fireworks. I wonder if they do that for NYE also?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter