Which parks would you book TS meals in?

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
Given the fact that QS is limited in the parks, I'm considering booking more TS meals than I normally would. But, my one hesitation is that it will waste too much valuable park time considering how shortened park hours. We will have one day at each park.

For those of you who have been recently, I'm curious which parks had the best/most QS options? Were there any parks where you would not have wanted to waste park time for a TS meal? Or, any parks where you should have done/glad you did TS because the QS options were lacking or busy?

I'm also considering how long it may take us (2 adults) to get through the attractions in each park, which I've posted about separately on the TPAS board. If a park will only take us a couple hours, we'd have no qualms about booking TS there.

We were at the parks 2 weeks, 7/25-8/8. We were getting into the parks around 11am. For MK, we were in the park 6-7 hrs, 3/5 of our MK days we did a late TS lunch and still did 11 rides/attractions going at a leisurely pace, even on a busier weekend day. We only did QS on our AK day as that park closed the earliest...and we weren't going to get there at 8am. We also love the food at Satuli Canteen.

Going in the summer it was nice to do some late lunch TS for a guaranteed A/C mask break as relief from the heat/humidity.

With the food and wine festival at Epcot thru the fall, you can get by without a TS if you want. We still had TS booked for all days, but more dinners than lunches. HS we have always found rather lacking in the QS dept, but we haven't tried the ones in Galaxy's edge yet.

For us (family of 4 getting entree and dessert.) most TS took about an hour. The great thing is you're seated shortly after you do the online checkin--so no waiting to get seated. (For most of the TS restaurants.)

I would do a lunch at Epcot. Our trip in Nov we are doing Spice Road Table for lunch. Might book a dinner too, right before park closing. Staying at BCV so we can leave in afternoon and pop back in for dinner. But no F&W when we go the end of Nov. I would do the booths for dinner and book a TS lunch for the heat of the day. If we were going during F&W.

I would also book a dinner at AK for around park closing time. The latest time we could get. Would do Yak and Yeti or Tiffins as both are fabulous.

We are also going to HS in Nov. We plan to have lunch at the Brown Derby patio lounge. Also plan to stop at Baseline Taphouse and might get some snacks there too. Apps and drinks at both. But DH has a bad back so we won't do a lot of rides. Prob the Toy Story ones and hopefully try the new Mickey runaway railways. No TS for us at HS. Might book Topolinos that night and just take gondolas over.

MK we would maybe book Liberty Tree for lunch as they offer a menu instead of just the platter they do for dinner. They have a great salad for lunch. We also enjoyed Skipper Canteen. But that is better for dinner. Though with shorter hours and so many rides to do at MK....maybe just do the lunch.

Last edited:
IMK we would maybe book Liberty Tree for lunch as they offer a menu instead of just the platter they do for dinner. They have a great salad for lunch.
I am only seeing the family style menu currently available for lunch.

I would book HBD in HS and ask to sit in the outside bar and similarly Tiffins in AK for Nomad. Maybe Skipper Jungle Nav at MK.

I would book HBD in HS and ask to sit in the outside bar and similarly Tiffins in AK for Nomad. Maybe Skipper Jungle Nav at MK.
HBD outside bar is walk up only. That's what we're doing. LOVE that place. Nomad might be the same. Walk up, first come first serve.

Eh, we booked Sci Fi to try it, but would have done Mama Melrose otherwise. We always eat at Yak and Yeti, but with a Landry's card, so that's not a pre-booked thing. I don't care for MK's table services, we just snack and then do dinner at Disney Springs. Table service is just not necessary at Epcot with the food booths and my kids are content with lunch at La Cantina, though there are multiple ones I like.

Actually most of our favorite TS are closed so we are doing more QS. We do have Sci-Fi and 50's PT booked for lunch on seperate days. The rest of our TS is at resorts or DS (Whispering Canyon, T-Rex, Ale & Compass).

Does anyone have the list of restaurants that will be open after hours? I know I saw it in here somewhere!!

Tiffins is awesome, one of the best meals on property. Epcot is tough due to the festivals but we like San Angel Inn, know it gets a lot of bad reviews but we love it. Nothing at MK. HS would do Brown Derby but we usually eat QS since we like Rosie's and grab the fried green tomato sandwich.

I really like Skipper Canteen at MK. The menu looks more exotic than it really is.

Maxing out our extended TIW through March 2021, so... we're doing TS at every park/resort everyday. Too many TS's to list, but we will be loving every bite. Just wish Flying Fish would come back soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter