Which park would you leave out?

For us we would leave out AK. For us it is normally a half day park. We haven't done Pandora yet so we will do AK in January so we can see what it's like even though we aren't big fans of the movie. Everyone says it is beautiful though so we will go. Really not crazy about the food choices there either. Epcot is a must do. It is our favorite park. Love the atmosphere and the food. We usually try to stay at one of the resorts close to it because that is where we spend most of our time. We could never leave MK out. Love it too much. Haven't been to HS since GE has opened but before that we usually did like a day and a half there. We had to make sure we ate at our 2 favorite restaurants there.

I can’t believe the amount of people saying AK. With the addition of Pandora, it’s a must for me! I also love their food... probably my favorite of all four parks. If I had to leave one off, it would probably be Epcot. They have two major attractions that are getting old. I love the countries, but outside of that, it’s been rather lackluster for me my last few visits.

Animal Kingdom is my favorite park and is extremely underrated in my opinion. If I had to only pick three, I would leave out Epcot (which pains me to say because I love it) but there is just less to do there as far as attractions/shows/entertainment. Before Galaxy’s Edge, I would have said Hollywood Studios. Even with Toy Story Land, my husband and I did nearly everything in a half day there. Now with Galaxy’s Edge and MMRR, we actually have two park days booked for HS coming up.
I completely agree. Animal Kingdom is awesome, especially with the addition of Pandora. Epcot can be done in a half a day at this point if the lines aren’t too bad. There’s just not enough for me to want skip the others for it.

I can’t believe the amount of people saying AK. With the addition of Pandora, it’s a must for me! I also love their food... probably my favorite of all four parks. If I had to leave one off, it would probably be Epcot. They have two major attractions that are getting old. I love the countries, but outside of that, it’s been rather lackluster for me my last few visits.

That’s funny, I’m actually the exact opposite! I have no desire to go on FOP and would avoid that section (and park) all together if it wasn’t for my DS that loves that ride! And I’m not an adventurous eater -so typically we’ll get a reservation at Rainforest Cafe outside before going in. To each their own! 🙂

AK has always been our least favourite park. Flight of Passage is great but with the long wait if I had to leave a park out it is an easy decision for our family.

We are going in November and skipping AK that visit. Doubling up on EPCOT and MK instead.

We are staying at Beach Club and pre-Covid popped into EPCOT each day with our APs whenver we stayed at BCV or BWV. We will definitely miss being able to do that.

For you? Sounds like your thinking is sound. For us? We would leave out MK, a sin I know. We are not ride centric, we ride a few rides but not really that many. We also are not parade or show people and haven't watched the night time shows since they went heavy on projections (I'm height challenged so only see half of it). We love Epcot, it is our favorite park and wouldn't think of skipping it. We love AK, since we aren't ride centric we just love the atmosphere there, we love finding the hidey holes with small animals in them. We spent an entire hour in Jan. just walking the path around the Tree of Life looking at all the hidden carvings on it. We love HS, always have even before TSL and Star Wars, again just love the atmosphere. I used to love to sit on a bench in the streets of NY section and just look at all the details in the windows, sadly that is no more. MK is always so crowded and while the castle is a site to behold it has always been a half day park for us.
Interesting to see one (1) other person saying something I've been thinking about--for a variety of reasons I've decided both DHS and Epcot are must-do's on my September trip, so that leaves MK and AK to choose between for my first day back in the parks. Right now I've got a park pass booked at MK, but I keep having this nagging desire to switch it to AK. Originally my plan was to visit AK for three hours on my departure morning since I didn't expect Magical Express to pick me up until 1:00 in the afternoon (I always allow 2 hours travel time to get back to the resort if I'm visiting a park on my departure day, just in case), but when I actually called in and got DME added to my resort reservation it turns out I'll get picked up at 12:35. Not a huge difference, but enough to make things a little tight and make me wonder if I'd rather just have a slow morning and eat a nice breakfast somewhere before heading home. Hate to skip AK, but I also hate to skip MK. This is the first time I've booked a trip with only three full park days, and I think it may also be the last because this is driving me nuts.

For our next trip (October) we actually elected to skip MK. Here was our personal decision making thought process:

- HS was a for sure for us, our DS5 is star wars obsessed and we haven't been on the new MMRR ride yet.
- Epcot for the food & wine booths. We are big fans of the casual stroll around the world showcase and have missed it so much.
- AK because our oldest DS is finally 44" and can ride Everest & Pandora. We also have skipped it the last few trips.
- Skip MK because my favorite thing to do there- watch the fireworks- isn't going to be happening. I am sad that we can't reserve a 4th day in advance while staying off property because we would. I was also thinking that even though DS5 could ride Space Mtn. now, that would probably be the scariest of the new rides for him and we can put that one off a little longer.

Honestly, I'm debating staying on property to be able to do an MK day too, but unless I move the trip to September there aren't any discounts available. We were trying to avoid the summer heat by going later.

OK, so we only have 3 park days for our upcoming trip in a few weeks. Right now We have reserved our visits to Epcot, MK, and HS. I'm bummed to leave out AK because it is definitely our favorite park. Here was our logic for our choices...

1. We didn't visit MK on our last trip.
2. We haven't done MMRR in HS.
3. We won't be able to get into the parks until 1pm on our first full day, which is why we selected Epcot (with the latest closing time).

In this current system, if you only had 3 park days, I’m curious which park would you leave out and why?
My family and I would probably skip epcot, mainly because our daughter views that as her least favorite park. It all depends on what do you want to accomplish at the parks? If you enjoy attractions more then MK, HS and AK would be best bet. But if you enjoy culture alot, then epcot is the place so you gotta figure out what are you trying to do the most.

1. HS has all the big name rides
2. MK all the classics and the mountains
3. Epcot only use to food and wine festival
4. We love rides at AK but without Lion King it does not make for full day
My half day would be Epcot. Eat around the world.

I think OP thinking is correct for their party.

My DD (17) and I haven’t been to HS in our last 2 trips. We were there for 2 hours the last time we went, when she was 7. Now, no TSL or GE back then, but we would skip it now too. We aren’t big SW fans and she wasn’t interested enough to go to see TSL last time. We had 6 days and we did 3 EPCOT, 2 MK, 1 AK. Without the shows at AK we would probably skip it there also. While I like the theming, we would only be riding the Safari and walking the trails.

It’s so interesting to see what people faves are and how they pick park days. With all the construction at EPCOT, it is less attractive now, but it’s my DDs favorite and always has been. She could walk around WS for days. We aren’t thrill ride people. In fact, on our last trip we did 2 days at UO (Harry Potter only essentially), a day at Kennedy, then a week at Disney. I was so glad to get to Disney to relax, lol.

We had 4 day hoppers. 2 solid days for mk and hs, one half day of mk/hs, and one half day for ak/epcot. Now that hoppers aren't happening we cut both epcot and AK. I'm more sad about losing epcot than I am about AK. So I'd cut that. But at the same time, you said you enjoy AK, I've never been and I just don't see much to entice me to want to go. So for me that was an easy choice. I've only ever been to MK. Once. And my fiance's never been to WDW at all. So I prioritized for us. We'll catch epcot and AK in 5 years when we go back. I am already missing the shopping opportunities that epcot was going to give me.

Choosing the parks that work for YOU is key. OP has sound logic for them. For my solo trip I have a four day ticket that had been a hopper for September. I chose MK for my first and last day as I want to be sure to ride everything (except Astro Orbitor) there. As much as I want to ride Spaceship Earth in its current form one more time, that is the park I left out as otherwise I can easily skip Epcot. That has always been my half day park. My friends son however never rides any rides so they only ever visit Epcot anymore. Do what works best for you and don’t second guess it because someone says they would do it differently.

For me I was always going to leave out DAK due to heat and hours. After watching videos of distancing in the park and wait times DAK has actually been pushed way up. It looks great! I know I’ll be hot but it just looks the best right now.

I'm in a similar situation as you, and we decided to skip AK and spend a day at Epcot. The deciding factor for me is the heat. AK is just unbearable in the summer for me.

Definitely AK, usually only visit once a trip for Flight of Passage and Expedition Everest. When Park Hopper was still a thing, would always end at Epcot most nights to eat the food around the World Showcase.

I'm tentatively planning a short trip for sometime next year and at this point we'll be skipping Epcot I think. We usually stay at Yacht Club with parkhoppers and hit Epcot almost daily for food/drinks but rarely spend any significant time there otherwise because the rides are just super-lackluster. Animal Kingdom is a great park with tons to see and much better rides than Epcot. I'm assuming parkhoppers still won't be a thing next year so planning on staying at one of the moderate resorts (Caribbean I guess-Port Orleans was the moderate resort we stayed at in the past) and going to MK, AK and DHS and then probably spending a few days at Universal (Harry Potter World is amazing).

For me it’s Epcot. Doesn’t do it for me. Hopefully with the new additions I will be in to it. JMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter