• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which park would you leave out?Why?

We skip Epcot because our kids find it boring and my husband absolutely hates it. Last year we also skipped AK and didn't miss it at all. The trip before that we were there in July and found AK incredibly hot and uncomfortable compared to the other parks. We honestly would probably skip DHS too if ToT weren't my oldest daughter's favorite ride. We love the MK and spend the majority of our time there.

We skip DHS because it has no rides for the little ones. Even TSMM uses 3D glasses which don't work well with toddlers/pre-schoolers. The only thing there that makes me consider going is the Jedi training as my boys would probably love that.
This! My 3 year old will not wear those glasses and meet and greets are not something he will stand in line for.

We have never been to Universal Studio's so this time we want to plan it in our Disney vacation so which means we will only go to Disney for three days..Thank you

We would (and are) skipping DHS. It is the least favorite of all of us. Not much for DD to do yet. When we take longer trips I schedule DHS in the middle and use it as our down day.

I would easily leave out Hollywood Studios, There just isn't a lot that really interest's me. I love the three other parks. We left HS out last year and I didn't miss it. We are planning to go on our next trip, but it's not a must do park for us each time. I enjoy the other parks a lot more and can't see ever leaving any of them out for us.

When its just DH, DS and myself, we would leave out DHS. We like Toy Story, but could miss it, and we have already done everything lots of times before. I love ToT, but DH and DS won't ride it again, they didn't like it and I don't really want to ride alone, which I may do next time.

Now DHS is my DD's second favorite park.

My DD would probably leave out Epcot. DS loves Test Track, but he and DH aren't really into the World Showcase, which I love. On a couple of trips those two have went back to the resort to swim while I stayed in Epcot by myself.

I know some people skip AK, but I love AK and DS loves Kali River, we ride it has many times as possible.

I think it depends on factors of ages of people in party, what you have seen during prior trips and how you are touring (i.e. 1 full day each park, hopping 3 parks over 2 days)

With that in mind, I could see reasons why it could be any park but MK.

I agree with this. I think you have to look at the attractions and decide what your group is most excited about doing. I'd like to add that if it is your first time at Disney World and you won't be going back for awhile, I'd just make sure you do hit MK.

If I had to skip a park it would be AK, but even on a 3 day trip I would have hoppers and visit all 4 parks.

We would skip AK, our last trip we actually enjoyed it, but after a ride on the safari and EE, nothing else is really worth the trip. To be honest the safari isn't really worth it, if you go to the zoo...

Although we find DHS lacking in attractions, it also houses some of our favorites like Star Tours and Jedi Training and even TSMM, all of which we wouldn't want to miss. Epcot is fun for the kids because the love Innovations, TT, Mission Space, and Journey into the Imagination and all the games after the rides and DH and I like WS and the food and drink. MK is a never miss park for us though, we spent the majority of our trip last week there!

I agree with this. I think you have to look at the attractions and decide what your group is most excited about doing. I'd like to add that if it is your first time at Disney World and you won't be going back for awhile, I'd just make sure you do hit MK.

This is not our first time but it will be my sister family first time going to WDW. We have a wide range of ages. We have five adults( myself, husband sister, brother inlaw and my niece who is 21). The kids we have my great niece who will be a year old when we go. My other niece is going to be 18 years old. My son will be 16 years old and my daughter is going to be 6 when we go. What ever park we go to that day I'm letting the older kids go off on their own. My sister and I are taking the younger ones.

Right now, with all of the construction and changes, I would leave out AK.
I actually have left it out purposely on our last 3 trips, and honestly didn't even really miss it.
Theres just too much going on there and Downtown Disney right now for me to even bother.
Id rather wait till everything is done and fantastically beautiful to enjoy.

DHS.

We like "the little things," particularly performances, and DHS has the fewest of those. We love the street performers at DHS, and Mulch Sweat and Shears and the Jedi Training Academy are fine, but that's about all there is. In contrast, AK has the leaf weavers, the angklung player, DiVine, the bands and street dances; Epcot has jugglers and carvers and bunches of stuff in World Showcase (and the Jammitors in Future World); MK has glass workers and the trolley show and Captain Jack and Move it Shake it and the barbershp quartet and the brass band, etc.

I wish they'd stuck with the "mythical animals" for one land with AK, but for all people complain about DinoLand, it is a distinctly different atmosphere than the other lands. I can visit Africa, Asia, and Discovery Island, which are different experiences but have a lot of similarities, or I can go to DinoLand, which is like visiting an Amusement Park in the midst of a day of museums and zoos.

HS, OTOH, feels like going to a tourist destination like the strip at Myrtle Beach or Wisconsin Dells or Pigeon Forge -- there are some individual rides (at HS) or attractions (at the other three) that stand out, but basically the whole place has a sameness to it. I think HS is a success, in the sense that it all feels like Hollywood, but as a Disney park it's short on variety. If they'd put in a Star Wars Land or Cars Land or something, that would help immensely, IMHO.

Obviously in the minority here, but I would leave out Magic Kingdom if I could.

When my husband and I went by ourselves we did leave it out.

Always so much more crowded and I end up with a headache. Enjoy the other parks more.

Obviously in the minority here, but I would leave out Magic Kingdom if I could.

When my husband and I went by ourselves we did leave it out.

Always so much more crowded and I end up with a headache. Enjoy the other parks more.

I agree, and we did leave off MK this time for HS/EP/SW base days, but its awfully hard for us to turn down Space Mtn, Monsters Laughfloor, Buzz... ok we like MK. We like rides, they appear to have the most at WDW. It's still a (slightly) lower priority than HS.

I'd leave out DHS. It just doesn't click for me. It's always really hot and oppressive on the streets, and the rides either don't hit my interest or are in need of a good updating.

I have a trip coming up this December (only one day in a park though), and my friend and I are already debating which two parks we could fit in a day. We both agreed on MK for the New Fantasyland expansion, but we're having a hard time choosing Epcot or AK. We've generalized the parks into the following themes, based on our impressions of the parks.

MK: Love of Childhood
DHS: Love of Silver & Golden Screen
Epcot: Love of Culture
AK: Love of Nature

For the two of us, the DHS takes a far distant fourth place to Culture & Nature. It's just a matter of it we're going to be feeling more people-oriented or more nature-oriented that day.

Would not skip any, but....if I had to.

Totally depends on the time of year. If during the fall, I absolutely have to go to Epcot for all that the F&W festival has to offer. during that time, although I would hate to miss the Safari, it would probably be Animal Kingdom. If not during the F&W festival, I would probably skip Epcot. Future World needs some attention and we love night-time at MK and prefer Fantasmic at HS over Illuminations.

Hi everyone! ! I would leave out Epcot, we went with our 8 yr. Old (now 10) 2 years ago & were bored after a few hours. We waited for Sorin (speedpass 6 hour wait) so not worth it!!!:faint:

If it were up to me I'd give up DHS. The only two rides I enjoy there are RnRC and Star Tours, but because we travel with two young kids who love DHS we end up giving up AK. I Love AK, but they find it boring. Last year we replaced AK with Blizzard Beach which was a huge hit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter