Which park would you go to twice?

marriedmarylander said:
We have 6 full days at Disney. one day we will go off-site to IOA, but the other 5 we have at Disney. We could do 4-days in each park and 1 day at the water park. Or we could do 5-days in the parks, splitting a day between the water park and a regular park (perhaps a park we could get through in 1/2 day). The 5 day pass is just $2 more than the 4-day pass (we are getting expiring kind). But I'm wondering what park would we want to go to more than 1 time...

Should we try to do a park twice and squeeze in the water parks, or take it easy and just leave one day for the water park?

We were actually going to try to do both BB and TL... Possibly BB and MK in one day - during an EMH night so gives us more MK time... ??? Doable? Or should we just do MK in one day and try to do BB and TL in one day?

Its hard to say what your schedule should be as we all have different likes and dislikes. As an example, several people here have suggested up to 2 days at Epcot. I would give it half-a-day at most and easily skipped although I do really enjoy illuminations firework show. If you like to go to the nations and sample food, shows, rides, etc, it could be a full day or more.

I like the Animal Kingdom especially the Lion King show. It closes, I believe, around 5 PM so you could easily go to Epcot afterwards and enjoy illuminations (when I've been there, usually around 9 PM). The Animal Kingdom is a 1 day park. If you have small children, the MK is two days if you wish to enjoy everything. MGM is also a 1 day park for the most part.

The suggestion of taking a break in the middle of the trip is good. Is is easy to get too tensed up about making sure that you see everything to the point where the vacation is no longer enjoyed. I always enjoyed going to SeaWorld as a break since the pace is much more relaxed. I've also been known to just stay at the resort with a good book to read and let the day take care of itself. There are many options. I have yet to go to any of the water parks, so I can't give a suggestion on them.

Don't want to give you advice about which park I would spend the extra day in, but do keep in mind the time of year you are going. FL gets hot! Lines can get long, during the summer there could be storms in the afternoon or early evening. Many water parks close by 10am because of overcrowding. If you are using disney transportation it takes a while to get from place to place. If you drive yourself it is easy to get lost and the time to get from park to park can be long because of a multitude of reasons. I don't want you to be like some of those families we see running from one activity to another, getting upset because the bus is too crowded and they need to wait for another one, or trying to go on tot when it is lightning(they close it). While cramming in a lot of stuff sounds good and maybe doable, relax, enjoy yourself and plan another trip. Remember the destination is only part of the trip, just getting there is over half the fun. Plan some meandering time either around one of the lakes in and around EPCOT, in front of the castle at MK, in one of the walks around AK or on the streets watching the street performers at MGM. In the end I think you will be glad you did. Just being in the happiest place on Earth should bring smiles and enough memories for you to remember when you get home. Planning every minute of every day can prevent you from doing the unexpected or unusual that may come up! Have a great trip whatever you decide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter