Which park would you go to twice?

marriedmarylander

DIS Veteran
We have 6 full days at Disney. one day we will go off-site to IOA, but the other 5 we have at Disney. We could do 4-days in each park and 1 day at the water park. Or we could do 5-days in the parks, splitting a day between the water park and a regular park (perhaps a park we could get through in 1/2 day). The 5 day pass is just $2 more than the 4-day pass (we are getting expiring kind). But I'm wondering what park would we want to go to more than 1 time...

Should we try to do a park twice and squeeze in the water parks, or take it easy and just leave one day for the water park?

We were actually going to try to do both BB and TL... Possibly BB and MK in one day - during an EMH night so gives us more MK time... ??? Doable? Or should we just do MK in one day and try to do BB and TL in one day?

If you want to hit everything at the Magic Kingdom, you're going to need a full day. I wouldn't plan on being able to do BB and the MK in the same day. If you are going to do a water park and a theme park in the same day, it might make more sense to start with the water park in the AM, and then head over to MGM.

If it's only $2 more for the five day pass, I say spend the two bucks and give yourself a bit more flexibility.

Karen

I would say MK or Epcot - but you need to experience the parks for yourself - then you have a better idea what you like and more importantly what you don't like....

remember - that most people can't go to the parks straight for more than 3 or 4 days - it is very, very tiring - put a no parks day in the middle of your trip.

I heard AK was not as tiring as the other parks.

We have
Day 1- arrival, MGM (probably will arrive to park around 2PM)
Day 2-AK
Day 3-MK
Day 4-Epcot
Day 5-TL, PI
Day 6-IOA
Day 7-DQ for few hours, departure

Is this hectic? I know PI is open each day of the week but for some reason I wanted to go to it on a weekend day (Thurs to Sat). I guess I just feel right going out on a weekend rather than a Mon or Tues. Also on Day 2,3,4 are EMH (evening) for each park I am going do on those days. I figured why not take advantage of that.

The reason I had MK in half a day is because DH is already complaining about it. He said nothing interesting is there and he hates MK the most out of all the parks. Last he went he was 12 years old. There are extra evening magic hours, so I figured we could go around 4-5 and stay into the evening and watch the shows. I didn't want to drag him through the park all day if he hates it that much. I thought during the day we could do a water park perhaps... we definately want to do a water park, so I wasnt sure if we should do 5 days at the park , which would leave a water park and a park in one day or just leave a water park on it's own day - that way it's not to hectic. However, we are not opting for the non-expiring passes so if we don't use it we loose it (but $2 not really a big deal I guess).

I would leave off IOA for this trip. WDW is enough especially if you haven't been in a while.

the shows aren't generally part of the after hours - so I would drag him over a few hours early to see the shows. plus then you might get to see the Specto Magic and Wishes - wishes is definitely worth going over early to see!!!

tell him MK has changed ALOT since he was 12.

I would move Epcot to your day 6 - and on day 4 take a rest day - but that is me - you probably have a lot more energy than I do!

Maybe just me, but I always have scheduled 2 days for EPCOT. That way you can sit and enjoy the restaurants, walk and see all of it including the adjacent Boardwalk area, and still have time for the rides and shows.
I agree with the previous poster...MK has changed and grown up a bit with all of us! I hope (and would not be surprised if) your DH enjoys it more than he thinks!
Another good reason for the 5 day pass even if you go to a waterpark on the 5th day is because you could go to a park like Epcot in the evening for a nice dinner after getting cleaned up and getting out of the sun!
have fun! :cool1:

Well the only reason he agreed to go is if we went to IOA, so we cant leave that off the trip. This is the stuff I have to deal with! A total roller coaster fanatic! And I bet the roller coasters there aren't as great as the ones here at Six Flag or Kings Dominion.

We;ve always had hoppers, so this might not work for you. BUT - when DH and I went with two friends, we finished every night at EPCOT (low season and it was the only park open till 9), stopping at a different country each night for dessert. We ate our way around the world, but spread it out over the week. It made for a great "tradition" to end each day, especially if we split up.

I would opt for 2 days at Epcot. The first day you see all on your list of musts, the second day you can go back at much slower pace taking in the entertainment and catching all the little things you missed.

I would do AK early in the AM and then the water parks in the Afternoon. AK is most enjoyable in the AM and you can see most of it if you skip Dinoland.

I'd check out all of the parks as you plan to do, then decide which you want to go back to. It <gasp> really isn't a sin not to plan every minute before you leave home. ;)

All I have to say is you are going to need a vacation from your vacation!! :eek:

Here's another vote for Epcot, but also MGM if you haven't considered that. We did Magic Kingdom in a half day. We spent a full day in AK, EPCOT and MGM and then returned to Epcot during the day and MGM at night for Fantasmic. Forgot if you mentioned if you had park hoppers or not.

Fantasmic is our must do thing to see every trip. If you do like shows though, the Lion King show in AK is also extremely good. We saw that by accident once - hot day wanted to sit down. And it was really entertaining.

It sounds like your DH needs an attitude adjustment with a little pixie dust. We are Very Seasoned Citizens (70+) with many visits to the World. We've been with as many as 22 people of all ages, and just the two of us. Every trips provides new experiences. He should be amazed over the changes since his last visit. Not only the new rides and shows, but seeing things through different eyes.

The AK is tough to predict the time needed. The walks are exceptional. We prefer the Asia walk, because of the tigers. The Kali Rapids ride is short, but a lot of fun. YOU WILL GET WET! The Lion King show is a must for all ages. Unless you get tied up on the walks, you can see most everything by early afternoon. Just enjoy the detail of the park. A quick trip to the MK. Have late lunch at the Plaza - wonderful sandwiches. Our favorites are the Rueben and Chicken Breast. Hit some of the new things like Mickey's Philamagic(?). Just soak up the magic, and try to overlook the crowds. See the afternoon parade, Spectromagic, and the fireworks.

EPCOT is more than one day. Plan on several meals - the Canada restaurant is our favorite. One evening, walk around to the Cape May Buffet at the Beach Club. A hand-in-hand walk around Crescent Lake is special right at dusk as the lights on the Boardwalk come up. Be sure to see Illuminations.

Getting a little long. Send me an email if I can help.

tinkerbee said:
All I have to say is you are going to need a vacation from your vacation!! :eek:

So TRUE!! I was wondering when they planned to rest...

We tried that last year. We did Disney and Universal. We came back from that trip SO exhausted. Just make sure that you leave yourself plenty of time to relax and smell the sulfur in the water(LOL :rotfl2: ).

We go to Epcot alot! That is our favorite park and I think that you could easily make a two-day visit!! Have Fun!!

If you have the option split the extra day between your two favorite parks. We generally do that between the MK and MGM and just hit our favorite, more adult, rides like the TOT, Aerosmith's Rockin Roller Coaster, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, etc.

Im not sure why people like Epcot so much but my I'd say go to all the parks decide which one you liked best and what you would want to do again. Then go back to that park. People will give you so many different answers so just do what you want.

Have fun!!

My DW and I always go to EPCOT twice. There's just too much to see and do in one visit. We usually hit the MK twice, also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter