Which park which days?

GBBTomorrow

DIS Veteran
Hello! As a WDW vet, I spend some of my planning time using crowd calendars and other assorted voodoo to decide which park to go to on which days of my vacation in an effort to avoid crowds. Is this necessary at Disneyland? Does each park have better and worse crowd days? Or is it generally a toss up?

Thanks for any pointers for this west coast transplant!

Much less voodoo in SoCal.

More important is weekdays vs weekends since many locals frequent the park. And the opening of special festivals or experiences draw an extra crowd too, especially nights/weekends. For example, I bet crowds will spike later in the day than usual this weekend for the return of nighttime entertainment.

Parkhoppers are recommended as the two parks are so close you can really treat them as one (think walking from World Showcase to Future Wiorld) and dodge crowds.

PHXscuba

I agree with DCA starts on Mondays. Other than that, check if there's any special events such as night parties that would drive up attendance in one park. If you aren't park hopping, make sure to check the entertainment calendar so that you can be in Disneyland the nights they have the night shows.

I actually would also like to know-we are there from Thursday to the next Saturday (last august early sept.) and we have 3 day park hoppers. I was gonna do Tues DL Wed CA and Friday DL in terms of reservations but is that ok?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter