Which Park, Which Day?

Aimfred

Earning My Ears
I am so confused!

This week I began trying to plan our itinerary for our trip, June 5- 12. Every guidebook/website I have consulted has listed different days for which day each park is most/least crowded. None of my sources agree at all! I even sat down and made a spreadsheet of which day each source said was best for each park, hoping to find atleast some "common ground" between the different sources. It just confused me even more!

Has anyone else noticed this or am I just way to anal when it comes to planning my trips?

BTW, the sources I used were : The Unofficial Guide, Tourguide Mike.com, WDWIG, wdisneyw.com, this forum, and Intercot.

Hey Aimfred,

I know where we (the Unofficial Guide) get our information. I know where wdwig.com gets theirs. I'd be surprised if both us and wdwig.com were wrong, even if we don't agree completely.

Len

There's a good number of people around here who use the 'day-after-EMH' theory, where you visit each park the day AFTER Extra Magic Hour. I'm trying it in two weeks, and I'll let you know how it worked out. Of course, January is slower than June...

Never been much good at telling the future. If we were, we'd be playing the lottery!
There are many factors that affect attendance, that are impossible to predict. All you can do is look at trends. Even considering your own experience doesn't help some time. We visited WDW for a week last May, from Sat. to Sat. The first Sat. we went to MGM Studios in the afternoon, and it was packed. We were concerned about how the crowds were going to be the rest of the week, but it turned out not to be a problem. The second Sat. we went to the Studios in the afternoon again, and it was dead. Same time of year, same park, same time of day, different results.
I think the real decision you need to make is whether to take advantage of the Extra Magic Hour or not. And if not, just avoid that park all together. The park that really matters when it comes to crowds is the Magic Kingdom. It's the park that almost everybody goes to at least once during their trips. Over the years, we've learned to avoid the MK on Saturday and Mondays, and don't go on Sunday and Thursday, unless you're going to get there early, and leave later in the morning.
As always, you're mileage may vary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter