• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which park which day Dec 30-Jan 5

starshine514

DIS Veteran
Making our first trek to WDW since 2010. Disneyland veterans. Staying off-site (third party timeshare). Trying to get our days for each park and reservations figured out. I’m not sure what the hours for each park will be or what outside events might influence crowds/hours. We have seven day one park per day tickets. We think we want to do two days at each park except AK (single day). I don’t think we want to do a crazy busy park for NYE, but am open to persuasion on the subject. Two adults, two teens, one child (9) (So not interested in drinking around the world as our NYE activity). One of the teens is chronically I’ll and will likely need mid-day breaks.

What should we look at to help determine days? Are there set EMH days for onsite guests that we should avoid? I think the holiday parties should be over by then?

Thanks!

Holiday parties will be over by then but you might get the holiday parade at magic Kingdom the 30th, however, it could be done before then I can’t remember for sure. The Epcot Festival of the Holidays wraps up on the 30th, so if you’re interested In the candlelight processional, Angela Bassett is slated to do it that night.

Last year, MK had 2 nights of New Year’s Eve celebrations, so the 30th and 31st while Epcot had 1 on the 31st.

Extra magic hours is now Early Theme Park Entry and all parks allow early entry every day where Disney resorts and good neighbor hotels get in 30 minutes early. This can be rough for offsite guests as most of the good rides have long lines early.

A few other things, some parks are offering extra evening hours for deluxe resort guests, but that’s not as big of a deal as early entry and some parks are also offering paid after hours parties. I’m not sure what’ll be available your week, but if they interest you, might want to look at those tickets now if any are available.

I think regardless of the parks you choose, every park will be busy those days at least until the 4th or 5th when kids start getting back to school, but you’ll have marathon runners start coming in midweek as well. Might be worth saving a Magic Kingdom day until the 4th.

Thanks for the reply! That explains why I wasn’t seeing EMH info anywhere this go round. I made our park reservations. :) So excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter