• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which park to use my magic morning at?

iHEARTflorida

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I have a 4 park ticket with a Magic Morning. Going over Fri 28th - Mon 2nd March. Won't arrive in DL until lunchtime on the Friday so that morning is out.

It's my mum's first visit, she has been to WDW. She doesn't like rollercoasters, though will ride Thunder but not Space. She has even rode Slinky and 7 Dwarfs, though won't do Everest or Rockin' so unsure if I'll get her on Incredicoaster or Guardians. We want to try and ride RotR.

So would Saturday be best use of our Magic Morning, as access to the parks should be less of the line, and we'll be ready in the parks by official rope drop? What time would you recommend getting to MM on a Saturday? 6:30am?

Or is MM worth more at California Adventure?

Hi,

I have a 4 park ticket with a Magic Morning. Going over Fri 28th - Mon 2nd March. Won't arrive in DL until lunchtime on the Friday so that morning is out.

It's my mum's first visit, she has been to WDW. She doesn't like rollercoasters, though will ride Thunder but not Space. She has even rode Slinky and 7 Dwarfs, though won't do Everest or Rockin' so unsure if I'll get her on Incredicoaster or Guardians. We want to try and ride RotR.

So would Saturday be best use of our Magic Morning, as access to the parks should be less of the line, and we'll be ready in the parks by official rope drop? What time would you recommend getting to MM on a Saturday? 6:30am?

Or is MM worth more at California Adventure?
You can't use MM at California Adventure, so Disneyland is your only option.

Arr, well that answers my question then! lol

what time do you recommend getting to DL on a Saturday then for MM at 7am?

Arr, well that answers my question then! lol

what time do you recommend getting to DL on a Saturday then for MM at 7am?
This depends on what you mean by “getting to DL”? Are you staying on Harbor and walking, so you mean getting to security? Are you parking (which you can’t really do and get to the start of MM), so you mean getting to a lot?

This depends on what you mean by “getting to DL”? Are you staying on Harbor and walking, so you mean getting to security? Are you parking (which you can’t really do and get to the start of MM), so you mean getting to a lot?

Staying on harbor, so getting to security.

If you have hopper tickets and maxpass you can start making fastpass choices for DCA during magic morning. That had always been our MM strategy. We get there and enjoy magic morning in Disneyland while we start to stack fastpasses for DCA and then we hop on over around 9am or so.

I really don’t know why they would...but have crowds gotten any bigger earlier for MM because of ROTR do you think? Is there a certain number of folks getting there to get a position at a kiosk? I’m not asking because I want to do this, just if the crowds have been showing up any earlier.

I really don’t know why they would...but have crowds gotten any bigger earlier for MM because of ROTR do you think? Is there a certain number of folks getting there to get a position at a kiosk? I’m not asking because I want to do this, just if the crowds have been showing up any earlier.
I'm not hearing about massive crowds jockeying for position at the FP kiosks because the odds at the kiosks aren't great. You have to be one of the very first people to use the kiosks to get a BG -- and even if you are second, if the first person has a large group and has to feed in all the tickets? That could take crucial seconds which eat up your chances. Someone posted recently about seeing a line at the Buzz kiosks at the beginning of MM -- the lines were 3 deep. (Don't know how many people were in line later on, though.) I think most people lining up early who don't have MM are there to make sure they get through the gates in time to get a BG on their phones, not to get to the kiosks.

If you have hopper tickets and maxpass you can start making fastpass choices for DCA during magic morning. That had always been our MM strategy. We get there and enjoy magic morning in Disneyland while we start to stack fastpasses for DCA and then we hop on over around 9am or so.

That is a great strategy! We only have the one MM and currently have our days lined up as DL/Tues, CA/Wed, DL/Thur, CA/Fri and DL/Sat. I’m thinking I have it backwards! Are non-MM/EMH days less crowded? I guess park hopping is probably easy if you run into crowds.

That is a great strategy! We only have the one MM and currently have our days lined up as DL/Tues, CA/Wed, DL/Thur, CA/Fri and DL/Sat. I’m thinking I have it backwards! Are non-MM/EMH days less crowded? I guess park hopping is probably easy if you run into crowds.

some people think the Magic morning in Disneyland makes it busier for the whole day. I dunno if it does because so many people have hopper tickets. Most people agree that you should use your magic morning and don’t skip it. So that means if you don’t have hopper tickets you are locked into Disneyland that day.

for us our favorite rides are in DCA. So it usually works out that our first day in the parks is the day we use magic morning and so we use magic morning to get our castle pics, hit fantasy land, grab maccaroons for breakfast and the. Hop over to DCA to our favorite rides and by noon on our first day we’ve hit all our favorite things.

I remember when MM could be at CA. It was the best!

Ah, that explains it! I was trying to figure out how it was that when we bothered with MM we had always used it for California adventure when I keep reading that it can only be used for Disneyland. When did they change that?

Ah, that explains it! I was trying to figure out how it was that when we bothered with MM we had always used it for California adventure when I keep reading that it can only be used for Disneyland. When did they change that?
unless you are staying onsite. Last time I remember going CA early was in 2009

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter