Which Park for Day of Arrival????

lovealldisney

Lover of all things Disney!
Hi All,
We will be arriving to DW on a Friday and leaving on a Wednesday. What parks on which days would you recommend for the days we are there? :confused3 Thanks so much! :hippie:

For us, it never seems like we're there until we've visited the MK. Last year we went to Epcot and the entire time I was there I kept telling myself, "I wish I was at the Magic Kingdom".

We are hitting Epcot mainly because I don't want to cut a MK short and we figured Epcot is easier to do in smaller increments of time.

We usually don't get in until about mid day, so we try to get AK done first. This will be true again thiss year since we have ADR's for Boma for dinner ! Good luck and have fun !!:thumbsup2

We aren't on vacation until we hit Main Street with the view of the Castle. Does something for me everytime:cloud9:
And we always do Wishes our last night at the parks, so I can cry one more time before going home :sad1:

It would depend on what time you arrive at your hotel and what park has late magic hours.
We were all checked in and ready to roll by noon in January when we stayed at CBR but my kids favorite is mgm and my husband and I wanted dinner at mama melrose for some of that fantastic Sangria so that's where we went. The next day we went to Epcot because my kids love love love Soarin, Test track and Mission space plus they were having extra magic hours and we had planned on dinner at Le Cellier.
First check out the parks hours and see who is having early hours and late hours and plan your parks around that schedule. That was important for us also cause going in January the parks close early wherras last year in May when we went they are open later anyhow so it doesn't matter as much.
We like to go to the parks come back after lunch for a swim and relax and then hit the parks again for dinner and fireworks. We love using the pools at the hotel it's a big hit for my kids especially last time when we were at cbr...they loved the pool with the slide.
Enjoy
We have a countdown for 333 sleeps until we go again.

In May, we will be getting in around noon. the plan is to hit MGM, ride some rides (DS7 loves TOT) and do the Fantasmic meal at Mama's. Then the next day will be a full one at MK.

I think I would choose whatever park has an E-Night if there is one and if you are staying on property.:wizard: That way you can take advantage of extended hours. If you are not staying on property and if there is no E-night (sorry I didn't check to see if there is one) then I would either go to MGM or AK. You can do those parks fairly fast if you skip a couple attractions if you choose. I myself love AK and love to meanger around but I could skip MGM or do it in a 1/2 day. :yay:

Have fun on your next trip.:banana:

Jennifer~WI

We just got back and our first day was Sunday 2/11. We didn't check in until 9:30 and was able to get into our room which we did. So by the time we were done parking, lugging luggage, etc. it was about 10:30/11:00. We went to MGM first. This was our DS8 first visit that he remembers. We doesn't remember his last two trips since he was 1 and 3. He's tall enough for all the rides so his first was RNRR. He was scared but it didn't take long and he loved it. MGM is a smaller park and we wanted to start small for him. It worked out great for us. We also had ADR for Sci-Fi that night and the parked only stayed open until 7:00 so it could be a short day for all of us. Hope this helps. I'm not sure if you really can go wrong. It's all FUN!!!!!
Lynn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter