Which one?

• Riviera

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • Poly

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • Wait

Votes: 35 38.9%

• Total voters
Ultimately, seems you love the MK Loop- as do I. Wait for Poly 2- and anything else- fresh and new (e.g. possible BLT 2?) that may come along there the next few years.

Since you asked what would we do, I'm in the Riviera camp. My reasoning as follows:
I, like you, already own at VGF and have our welcome home trip in a few weeks. It's intended to test the waters for the "family" which is the intended purpose. I'm freshly retired as is my SO but we are not Disney fanatics. I like Disney and expect to visit every other year even if it's just us. The bigger justification is the rest of the clan. Three of my children and their spouses along with 2 grandchildren <3 years old as well as ex are going for a total of 11 people. I mention this as a back story to how I see our future potentially dictating my next move.

Those 3 children are all on the deed (fourth child has no interest and lives 2 hours from the rest of us), one of which is a former CM. My son with the grandchildren is not as smitten with Disney but having kids has him more invested in giving it a go. His wife is all aboard and the ex is too. We honeymooned at Disney in 1985 and with grandchildren, she can see this being a regular thing. She's already started to ask about DVC specifics (as a side note, I stopped at a DVC kiosk in 1992ish when we returned with our first 2 kids and found it intriguing but time and money kept it on the back burner for 30 years) so I expect when we get back, she may be seriously getting her own contract. So back to why Riviera.

The restrictions have always been a turn-off for me but when I weigh some of the other perks that Riviera offers, I can swallow that pill easier. For our personal use, having a MK resort isn't as important as an Epcot resort. The monorail scratches that itch somewhat but if I was to buy another contract, having another monorail, MK resort doesn't give me anything I don't already have. If I expect to appreciate the Epcot/HS amenities more than MK, my choices are 2042 expiration resorts which I'm reluctant to buy as I expect they will soon be a depreciating asset. As much as I've been trying to base decisions on selfish wants rather than value, it's not always easy to make that personality change overnight. Riviera though, has a long, long contract so unless BW, BC, offer extended expirations, Riviera has the advantage.

In a perfect world, I can ultimately see having a contract in the three areas, Animal Kingdom, MK, and Epcot along with Wilderness Lodge to cover all bases. If our trip results in Pixie Dust intoxication, Riviera could be my next contract.

We love the poly. If we can’t get access to poly2 I’d be somewhat disappointed but by no means devastated. The studios there are great.

We like the Riviera a lot but can’t say We love it.
Based on your thoughts (my emphasis added)- I voted to wait. If it was me, I’d have a very hard time doing that, 😅 but I do think you’d be happiest with the outcome… and with a purchase of this size, I think a person should LOVE it 😉😍

The more I think about it- you could consider buying some Poly1 now with the intention to buy more Poly when Poly2 goes on sale. If it turns out to be same association, you can decide if you want your add-on to be more resale or direct… however, if it‘s a new association, you’ll be prepared to buy in direct. This actually might be the best choice all around. It gets you points to play with now, and positions you for the Poly2 drop… and if you really want to buy the full 300 direct for Poly2, then you could sell your Poly1 & probably still come out “ahead” as far as those 2 years of vacations goes 😉

I’m actually considering selling a contract to buy into Poly2 if my hubby doesn’t want to just add on there. I think it will be fantastic & will have a lot of competition!! Getting into Poly1 should remain easy, but that probably won’t be the case for Poly2 (same association or not)… so if Poly2 will be your preferred resort, I would absolutely wait for it! We had already committed to VGF when Poly2 was announced. That was HARD. Had I known about it first, I’m not sure what I would have done- but I know I would have been very tempted to wait and buy Poly2 instead.

I think you need to work out an estate plan before spending this much money, as it sounds like you plan to pass these down. A deed with four people is a total mess, if someone dies or get divorced or whatever. There are better ways to structure this. One of them is to buy multiple smaller deeds.

I would be getting local legal advice. I wouldn't be on any real estate with four adults like this.

Poly resale. Poly 2 will be in the same association and you will have gotten in cheap.

I like the lowball advice above. Pick a price you like, call a broker with a lot of poly contracts with the points you want and say you will offer x to any contracts in that range. Someone will say yes.

Poly resale. Poly 2 will be in the same association and you will have gotten in cheap.

I like the lowball advice above. Pick a price you like, call a broker with a lot of poly contracts with the points you want and say you will offer x to any contracts in that range. Someone will say yes.

There has been no announcement that Poly tower will be the same association.

So, buying resale PvB today may not get you access to that so it’s important to decide how much being shut out matters, in case that does happen.

The sale priced at Riviera for $300 points is really good right now. I doubt it will be that low at the Poly Tower more than a year away from now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter