Which one to do?

DancingQueen said:
I am pretty sure she was fine with the glasses. I didn't hear any complaining about them. :)

Thanks for the info! I'll make sure we take her there then - she LOVES Elmo :)

We had our 5 and 3 year olds there in June and did all of those shows, plus Block Party Bash, the Electrical Parade, and Muppets 3-D.

The kids loved the parade and there was no need to stake out a spot beforehand--we watched it four times and just walked up to the sidewalk as it was starting by and although we were four or so people deep, we were allowed to stand and just hold the kids so they could see. Because we hadn't been waiting, the length of the parade was no big deal to stand.

Both kids were enthralled with Aladdin and sat still fine for the whole thing--they both love the DVD, though, so that may make a difference. (And yes, the short show at DL is indeed closed.)

The three year old really liked Playhouse Disney (the five year old was less enthused, but then, he's older than the target audience, but he did still enjoy it).

Both liked Snow White, but knew the story and that the Queen would be scary because they had watched the movie at home beforehand, so I think that made a difference. It is a nice, short show and in the shade. DH, my mother (who was with us), and I really liked it--I'd recommend it if your little one either knows what's coming or doesn't scare too easily. It's not nearly as scary as the movie, so that's something to know.

The Electrical Parade was neat--the five year old loved it, the three year old had fallen asleep in his stroller beforehand because of a long day and he hadn't had a nap. I think he would havel liked it if he had been awake, LOL.

The both did fine with the 3-D glasses and liked the Muppets, but the characters weren't familiar to them, so that affected it, I think.

The Block Party Bash (At DCA) was a HUGE hit with them and I think may have been their favorite, so I'd recommend that one for sure. Very interactive, you get to dance, and again, no need to stake out a spot too far ahead of time.

We were there for five days (from Colorado also), so had plenty of time to do it all, I don't know how long your trip will be. That was our experience, so take it for what it is.

MulanFan said:
Thanks for the info! I'll make sure we take her there then - she LOVES Elmo :)
Oh, wanted to add that it's the Muppets, not Sesame Street, so although Kermit, Fozzie the Bear, etc. are all there, no Elmo or friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter