Which one to do?

MulanFan

Mouseketeer
I'd love to get people's opinions on which ones to go to of the following:

Parade of Dreams
Snow White
Aladdin
Playhouse

We have a 2 1/2 year old, and I'm not sure which would be the most interesting for her. I don't even know how long the entertainment lasts (I'm guessing about a half hour for each?).

Thanks in advance!

I would not recommend DCA's Aladdin for that age. It is long (45 minutes) and geared to older kids and adults. There is an Aladdin and Jasmine show in Disneyland that is shorter and more appropriate for younger kids. Snow White can be scary for younger kids, so if you do that one you might want to sit toward the back so you can leave if necessary. I have not seen Playhouse Disney but it is geared toward preschoolers so I would think that would be a good choice. The parade is definitely a good choice, with the hardest part being waiting in a good spot for it to start. I suggest getting some food then sitting down to eat while you wait.

We have been to Parade of Dreams, Playhouse Disney and Aladdin with our 2 year old... he was fine in all of them. Aladdin was great because there was so much music and dancing and movement...he was fine through the whole thing. The playhouse disney thing was very interactive, the kids were dancing, singing along, etc. and of course the parade was just fantastic...the CM's before hand had kids up dancing, Cinderella popped by and did a simon says with the kids as well... very good!

Of those 4 I would be sure to do Aladin and parade of dreams. Both are really great. Playhouse disney is a nice place to go to get out of the heat for a little bit, and your little one will enjoy it. I havent watched Snow White. We never seem to go at the right time of year to catch it. I've heard mixed reviews of it.

Definitely Playhouse Disney. I think it was only 20-25 minutes long. You sit on the floor, and the children are asked to stand and dance, streamers wall from the air. I haven't been to the DL one, but at WDW, there was Bear in the Big Blue House, Winnie-the-Pooh, Stanley, and I think Rolie Olie Polie. The Bear was a full-size character, the rest are puppets. If your toddler knows those characters, it's a must. Really well done for the preschooler age. :thumbsup2

Unless they've added it in the last couple of weeks, there is no Snow White show. She'd probably enjoy the parade, but you have to sit and wait for so long.

Definitely Playhouse Disney. If you don't already, I suggest start watching the Playhouse Disney channel so she's familiar with Bear in the Big Blue House, JoJo, and Stanley.

If your 2 year old scares easily, I wouldn't recommend Aladdin. My DS4 didn't like it when he was 3, and when we went earlier this year, he didn't want to watch it.

As for any of the Parades, just be prepared to sit and wait, unless you can find a place to stand at the last minute. I try to get the benches, so my 2 boys have a chance to see over the crowd without blocking anyone behind us. :goodvibes

The Snow White show came back at the beginning of June.

I would say the Parade of Dreams, and if they like Playhouse Disney shows, they should love the show too. It's really cute, and not too long to where they lose interest!

We did all of them (with exception of Snow White) with our 2 1/2 y/o. Our son did great! Guess it just depends on the child.

BTW...the Aladdin show is AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME! Since we knew beforehand that we were going to see that show, we showed our toddler the DVD many times before our actual trip. By the time we got there, he was quite familiar with Aladdin and Genie! :)

I think Playhouse Disney is more interactive for young kids. They get to boogie down and sing along. :cool1:

Thanks for the responses!

DD has never seen Playhouse Disney, although it sounds like it might be a good one for her since it's interactive. Will Winnie the Pooh be at the DL version? She loves Winnie the Pooh and Piglet.

I didn't know there was an Aladdin and Jasmine in DL - where do they have that at? I'd still love to see the Aladdin show - I heard great things about it.

Yeah, I heard about the wait for the parade, we may have to rethink that one (I think you have to stake a spot an hour before it starts or something, if I remember right). Where are the benches located? That sounds like a great spot!

Winnie the Pooh is at the DL version of Playhouse Disney.

My DH grabbed a spot for us for the parade and when it was almost time, I took my toddler (with a huge lollipop) to the spot to wait for the parade. It's a really nice parade so if you have a chance...do see it! :)

The Aladdin and Jasmine show at DL (not the one at DCA) was closed about a month or two ago by DOSH. Apparently they finally realized that the venue only has one entrance/exit and doesn't meet fire safety standards because of this (this is what I've heard--not neccessarily an "official" explanation). Any indoor building/attraction or even an outdoor venue like Aladdin's Oasis must have at least 2 entrances/exits.

iceskatejen said:
The Aladdin and Jasmine show at DL (not the one at DCA) was closed about a month or two ago by DOSH. Apparently they finally realized that the venue only has one entrance/exit and doesn't meet fire safety standards because of this (this is what I've heard--not neccessarily an "official" explanation). Any indoor building/attraction or even an outdoor venue like Aladdin's Oasis must have at least 2 entrances/exits.

Bummer ... I was starting to think this might be a good alternative for the Aladdin show since the one at DCA is 45 minutes.

Thanks for the info about Winnie being at the DL Playhouse Disney - we'll make sure and do that one! I'll remember the tip about staking out a spot for the parade - that might be doable.

MulanFan said:
I'd love to get people's opinions on which ones to go to of the following:

Parade of Dreams
Snow White
Aladdin
Playhouse

We have a 2 1/2 year old, and I'm not sure which would be the most interesting for her. I don't even know how long the entertainment lasts (I'm guessing about a half hour for each?).

Thanks in advance!

Parade of Dreams is fabulous, I am so glad that we got to see it! A 2 1/2 year old might enjoy the Electrical Parade at CA more though.

Aladdin is also wonderful, but I don't know if a 2 1/2 year old could sit through it, if she likes the dvd of it than she might do ok, since it's essentially the same story just live on stage.

Snow White we didn't see and I've read mixed reviews about. My kids are to old for Playhouse Disney so we didn't see that one either.

Have a fun trip!

We just got back from DL a few days back. My kids are 3 and 5, and the shows/parades they enjoyed the most were Playhouse Disney, Parade of Dreams, Electrical Parade, and Muppets 3D. Muppets 3D was actually their favorite. And they've only seen the muppets movies a couple of times. We never got the time to see Aladdin, although I've heard it is worth seeing. Next time we go hopefully.

I suggest all of the above. :sunny:

Just do restroom breaks before queueing up for all of them.... :thumbsup2

Dancingqueen, was your 3 yo OK with the 3D glasses? I didn't consider this because I didn't think DD would be able to set the glasses on properly to see the 3D part. Sounds like I may have to reconsider this :)

Another^Dimension said:
I suggest all of the above. :sunny:

Just do restroom breaks before queueing up for all of them.... :thumbsup2

Good point!

MulanFan said:
Dancingqueen, was your 3 yo OK with the 3D glasses? I didn't consider this because I didn't think DD would be able to set the glasses on properly to see the 3D part. Sounds like I may have to reconsider this :)

I am pretty sure she was fine with the glasses. I didn't hear any complaining about them. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter