• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which one howard johnson or candy cane inn?

cmputerdazed

<font color=green>I love the way you call it sleep
I am looking for something nice there will be nine of us going. I would like to know your thoughts. TIA Jan

I have stayed at the Howard Johnson's and it is nice. It has lovely grounds and two pool areas. The rooms are oversized but I find them to be a bit dated in their furnishings. Our room was spotlessly clean though so that made up for it. The staff was great. Some things for you to consider with this hotel are: It is around a 10 minute walk from the park to the hotel. At night if you have young children or anyone who is elderly that can be long. The HoJo does not have a shuttle. You can use the ART shuttle for a $3 fee, you can also buy a pass. The walk was fine for us but my father in law really had a problem with it so when he was with us we did take the ART.
One complaint I have heard many times about the HoJo is freeway noise. It backs up to the highway and if you get one of the those freeway side rooms you can be in for a rough ride! If you do go with this hotel make very sure you request a non freeway room. This hotel does have interior hallways of a sort. They are not completely enclosed but they are not exposed either. Does that make sense?

The Candy Cane looks very nice on their website and they have a free breakfast and a free shuttle to Disneyland. The rooms look more updated and I don't think I have ever heard anything negative regarding noise. It is not near the freeway. It does have exterior hallways.

While our stay at the HoJo was fine I would try the Candy Cane or the Sheraton before I would stay there again.

There is a sticky on the top of this board with hotel info. I am not sure if the Candy Cane is included in that sticky, I know the HoJo is. The Candy Cane does have a nice website with photos however. Good luck with your decision!

We've always been happy with the Tropicana which is almost right across the street from the Park. We have also stayed at the Carousel Inn - 1 down from the Tropicana. They had a better rate on a mini suite which is becoming more of a neccessity with 2 kids. We are trying out the HoJo in a few weeks since the 2 I've mentioned were already full.

And I would choose HoJo - stayed there in December and loved it. Heated pool, big rooms, great staff and close to DL.

But from repeated postings on this branch you can't go wrong with either. Both get great reviews so choose the one with the best deal

- CCI has smaller rooms and small pool but includes breakfast
- Hojo has no breakfast (but a great restaurant across the street and on site shop which supplies all your needs) and a great pool and wet play area.

Both are about the same distance from DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter