Which non-party day would you choose?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
If you wanted to try and see FoF and HEA on a non-party day during the Christmas season (the week after Thanksgiving), which day would you choose?

Wednesday, Nov 28
Saturday, Dec 1
Monday, Dec 3

Definitely not Saturday.

If one of those others has PM EMH, I'd choose the one that's left.

But it will still be ugly crowded.

Definitely not Saturday.

If one of those others has PM EMH, I'd choose the one that's left.

But it will still be ugly crowded.

Realistically, if we wanted a decent view for the fireworks show (wanting to see projections), how early would we need to stake a spot?

Realistically, if we wanted a decent view for the fireworks show (wanting to see projections), how early would we need to stake a spot?
Personally, I would shoot for at least 90 minutes out, but even that's no guarantee. And even then you can get a great spot only to have someone put their kid up on their shoulders right in front of you at the last minute. It's a crap shoot at best.

If I was doing it, I'd probably do the Plaza Garden dessert party.

Are you doing the Christmas party as well?

I'm not a fan of upcharges, at all. But I do think that the Plaza Garden party is worth it if you want to have a stress-free experience at HEA. And HEA is absolutely fabulous so for us, it was money well spent.

Are you doing the Christmas party as well?

I'm not a fan of upcharges, at all. But I do think that the Plaza Garden party is worth it if you want to have a stress-free experience at HEA. And HEA is absolutely fabulous so for us, it was money well spent.

If we do HEA we won't be doing MVMCP.

Wednesday, as it normally has evening Extra Magic Hours. That is our plan, but we know it will be busy.

If you want a spot on Main Street or in the hub, get there an hour early. We went the following week last year on Wednesday night and they made an announcement about 30 or 45 minutes before that Main Street and the hub were full.

Historically mondays are MK's busiest days for some reason. And this is legit because i've been and observed for myself, and yep, its really a crazy busy day. So i'd avoid monday. I'd go for Wednesday. FWIW, no matter which day we went to see the fireworks, there were people sitting on the curb claiming their spot 2-3 hours ahead of time. No joke. It boggles my mind how people can wait that long (kudos to them). But i couldnt do it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter