Which Moderate would you pick?

Going on a girl's trip next May hopefully, but it'll be a very short trip. Only three nights, and we plan to hit the parks on arrival and departure day. My home resort is Coronado Springs, I love that place so much! But I'm considering Caribbean for this trip because of the Skyliner. Since we're limited on time, I wanted somewhere with quick transportation to the parks. I've never stayed at Caribbean before, and from pictures, I know that I prefer Coronado. But I wonder if it'll matter as much since we won't be spending a ton of time there.

Which would you pick?

Amenity-wise, they're nearly identical. Except for the tower and the additional dining options.

But, if you're not planning to spend much time at the resort itself, Caribbean Beach and having access to the Skyliner are great. Love Epcot, HS and the Boardwalk area at night.

And no matter what, busses for MK and AK are going to be awful....

Hope it's what you wanted to hear.

Going on a girl's trip next May hopefully, but it'll be a very short trip. Only three nights, and we plan to hit the parks on arrival and departure day. My home resort is Coronado Springs, I love that place so much! But I'm considering Caribbean for this trip because of the Skyliner. Since we're limited on time, I wanted somewhere with quick transportation to the parks. I've never stayed at Caribbean before, and from pictures, I know that I prefer Coronado. But I wonder if it'll matter as much since we won't be spending a ton of time there.

Which would you pick?
You could just stay at CS and UBER to the parks in the morning to save time, that's what we do every morning. I order an UBER when we are about to leave the room and by the time I hit the GDT lobby the car is there and we are off. Outside of MK (about 10 minutes), the rest of the parks are less than 5 minutes away and less than $10.00 per trip. You can ride back on the buses when you are not in a rush, obviously. Uber or Lyft drop you off right at the front of the parks, so even if you do stay at CBR, by the time you stand in line to get on the Skyliner and then ride it to a park, you can already be in the park using Uber. Ha
The Skyliner is a cooler mode of transportation of course, but as far as saving time compared to Uber... Not really. Plus, keep in mind the Skyliner drops you off at EPCOT (World Showcase) at the back of the park and in order to get to the attractions you have to walk an additional 5 -10 minutes to get to the front of the park. Ha

Which would you pick?
I would vote for CBR for this particular trip. If you plan to rope-drop HS and EP, there will be lines for the skyliner in the mornings. There will also be lines for it at park close. But outside of those times, you can almost always walk right on the skyliners.

We've only stayed at Coronado Springs, and a while ago, before Riviera, so............
We liked the atmosphere of the Casitas - beautiful and relaxing.
We never had a problem with the buses to the parks, no long lines at all.
Just a personal thing, but we didn't like their QS at the time. I hear that now it is much better. I think with the Tower and more dining, I would prefer CS. I don't really care about the skyliner and would rather use the bus service.

OP, you did not say which parks. The skyliner is great for Epcot and HS and is a BIG plus for CBR and if you do not want to use the bus then use Uber to the other parks. We always have our vehicle and I will say that the only park that you may make it to in 5 minutes would be HS, the other parks are about 5 miles away so the realistic time is 10-15 minutes from the moment you put the car in drive. BTW, we also think the buses do a wonderful job and have taken them over driving on almost all of our trips now (not counting Covid era). If the Skyliner is not a big deal then I would stick with the one you really like CS.

Which would you pick?
Since it's a Girl's Trip I think the Caribbean theme is good since it's like flying to the islands.

I would stick with Coronado. I haven't stayed at Carribbean since the skyliner was completed, but I loathe the bus system within that resort. Plus, I like the pool and decor at Coronado much more

As many before me have said, the main thing to think about is which parks you will be attending during that time. If you are going to be attending both HS and Epcot then it is definitely worth it to stay at Caribbean. Another thing to consider would be what your priorities will be during your trip. If you are planning a lot of resort time, then it may be worth it to choose Coronado since you seem to like that resort more. If your priority will be staying where dining is best, choose accordingly.

On a more personal note, I don't really care for either of those resorts but if I were choosing between them Caribbean would be my choice. One of the main reasons would be the Sky Liner access, especially for a three days girls trip because if I were taking a three day girls trip my parks would be MK, DHS, and Epcot. I also enjoy bein able to walk to the Yacht and Beach Club and Boardwalk from the Sky Liner for additional dining options.

Quickest transportation is either your own car or ride share, except for maybe MK. If you are going to be making multiple trips to and from your resort and EP or HS, then a room close the Skyliner at CBR makes sense. But liking where you stay is also important, and if CSR is more you, go for it. I get it as CBR is pretty much a last choice for me.

I have stayed at both and love them both for different reasons. Since it is a quick three day trip for you, I would say this is a great trip to check out a new resort since it is a short trip and there is the Skyliner there for added option to the parks. After this trip, you can then go back to CSR for your next trip. Sometimes it is nice to add new experiences to a trip. Either way, I know you will enjoy the trip!

POP or AoA, unless you have a car, then maybe CBR. The internal buses @ CBR were bad before COVID. The Skyliner is awesome for your DHS and EPCOT days but you get the same benefit @ POP or AoA and everything is not-so spread out there. Don't be afraid of POP and AoA because they are "value" resorts, they are nicer than you might think.

POP or AoA, unless you have a car, then maybe CBR. The internal buses @ CBR were bad before COVID. The Skyliner is awesome for your DHS and EPCOT days but you get the same benefit @ POP or AoA and everything is not-so spread out there. Don't be afraid of POP and AoA because they are "value" resorts, they are nicer than you might think.
I’ve been going to Disney since I was young, and values were where we always stayed. Now as an adult, I prefer moderates. Also, the rooms are too small for 3 adults to stay in comfortably, in my opinion.

I didn’t mention the parks we’re going to, because we’ll be going to all 4! We have park hoppers leftover and will be parking hopping after it returns in January. We will also have a car.

Which would you pick?

Neither are my favorite, have stayed at both but if I'm doing a girls trip/adults, it's CSR hands down. The lobby at the CBR is loud and the dining options aren't great now since the sit down restaurants are still closed.

Right now the new tower at CSR has elevated the CSR from feeling like a mod to a deluxe. The Skyliner at CBR is nice but do keep in mind, it goes down for rain quite often. Was there over the summer from July-Aug and most everyday the skyliner was down at least one time each day of our trips. And as soon as the gondolas go down, transport dispatches a bus for Epcot and DHS but they're slow. IMO, the buses at CBR are awful. We spent a full week this past August and I would never do that again. It literally has the most internal bus stops of any resort on property.

We also didn't care for our room and had some other odd ball issues that are not necessarily unique to CBR but more so a byproduct of being closed for so long and not really being prepared for reopening this past summer.

Which would you pick?

I just returned from a trip from Dec 14-19 and stayed at the Caribbean for the first time, and I highly recommend! The skyliner access alone is such an amazing perk, especially if you do not plan to spend a ton of time at the resort. Plus you are walking distance from the new Riviera resort if that holds any interest for you!

I haven't stayed at either one of those resorts, and certainly not since they opened the Skyliner, however, I'd agree with @mdsouth, use this short three day trip to explore a new resort.

I have stayed at both and love them both for different reasons. Since it is a quick three day trip for you, I would say this is a great trip to check out a new resort since it is a short trip and there is the Skyliner there for added option to the parks. After this trip, you can then go back to CSR for your next trip. Sometimes it is nice to add new experiences to a trip. Either way, I know you will enjoy the trip!

I disagree with this. When you stay at Pop or AoA, you have to wait in line at Pop to get on the Skyliner, then get off at Caribbean Beach and you get sent to the back of that line to wait in again. It actually takes quite a long time to get to the parks using Skyliner from Pop and AoA. If you stay at Caribbean Beach, you only wait in line once and go directly where you want to go.

I love CS. I am personally not a fan of the Skyliner, I like the trusty buses. I feel like for a quick trip you might consider staying at CS you know your way around it and are comfortable with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter