Which moderate would you pick?

Which moderate resort would you stay at if you had the choice?

• Caribbean Beach

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Coronado Springs

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Port Orleans French Quarter

Votes: 25 43.9%
  • Port Orleans Riverside

Votes: 12 21.1%

• Total voters

BelleBriarRose

Disney Princess
Hi all, I'm taking a trip from Sep 2-8 this year and will likely be staying at ASMo ($96/night) since apart from our arrival day we mostly just need a place to sleep at night after park days. BUT, there is a chance I can convince SO to stay at a moderate with the Sun & Fun discount. I haven't stayed at any of them before, so I'd love to hear everyone's input on which moderate they would want to stay at if they had the choice! (For reference, on the days I'll be there CBR and CSR are $164/night and POFQ and POR are $211/night, if the price differences would factor into your decision at all.)

TIA!

We chose CBR for the pool (we have kids!). But if it were an adult only trip I would have chosen CSR because I love the look, apparently it has a more adult feel, and the pool/hot tub look great! Enjoy!

As you are looking at an upgrade from Value to Moderate, I would choose between the two lower priced moderates - CBR or CSR. A savings of nearly $50 per night is substantial, IMO, and cost is always a consideration. Also, the construction/renovations will be largely, if not completely, finished in both of these by September. If small children are coming, I would choose CBR for the pool. If adults only or older teenage children are coming, then I would choose CSR.

POR and POFQ are great resorts for couples with a boat ride to DS, which is very nice. Many people prefer POFQ due to its small size and single bus stop. We prefer a preferred room in POR because we do like the additional amenities and the atmosphere of POR better. POFQ only has a small food court and a pool best suited to families with small children, IMO.

Whichever you choose, enjoy your trip!!!!

My personal favorite is CSR, but as @bigeyedfish said, CBR is prob better if you have kids with. I have no kids a love the more adult feel of CSR, the bar, the updated rooms, etc. I haven't stayed at CBR in a long time but am doing a one-nighter there in mid-Feb so looking forward to that. POFQ is really nice because it's quiet and has a more intimate feel to it than the others, but for the price difference I don't think it's really worth it.

I love Riverside...it holds a very special place in my heart. I finally stayed at French Quarter this year, and liked it. CBR is my least favorite of them all. And CSR was much nicer than I thought it would be. I would list them in this order....Riverside, CSR, FQ, CBR.

CSR is the most deluxe of the moderates. I personally love it if I'm traveling with a party that will fit in the rooms there (not 5). The new rooms are gorgeous, it has an awesome pool, and has a very relaxed feel. Love the theming too. It's just a beautiful resort - even my kids (7&10) love it.

My least favorite was CBR but with all of the updates and the skyliner opening I'd be interested in checking it out now.

I voted for POFQ, but I really love CSR also so if the cost is a driving factor I would choose CSR. CBR is my least favorite of any resort I've stayed at Disney. I've visited POR but it just doesn't appeal to me.

I've never stayed at any. But if I were picking I would have the exact same question lol To me CBR looks like it has a great new revamp. CSR has the rooms I like the best, but POFQ seems to have romantic grounds and a boat to Disney springs. Tough choices, but I would probably eliminate POFQ and POR if I was trying to convince my husband of an upgrade. The better the deal, probably the better chances. If the skyliner is in place, I would probably go with CBR and if not, I would choose my favorite looking rooms (for a moderate) at CSR.

I guess the skyliner will not be open then. So I would pick CSR FTW!!

If the Skyliner is open for your trip, I vote CB. If not, the CSR- a new tower room.

I've stayed at all four and it honestly depends on what you value in your vacation.

If price is a factor (seems from the original post that it may be), then $50/night difference is probably worth eliminating POR/POFQ.

If you plan on spending a lot of time at the pool, then I think CSR is probably your best choice.

If transportation other than buses is something you highly value, then CBR (if Skyliner is open), and POR/POFQ (boat to Disney Springs) have some value over CSR.

If you and your SO don't mind walking a bit, staying at POFQ or POR opens up the restaurant options of the other. They are connected by a scenic riverwalk path.

I voted for POR because I like the theming of the resort and rooms, the mature landscaping, boat transport to Disney Springs, and the fact that you can easily walk to the restaurants (and more available buses) of POFQ. That being said, I think you can justify any of them except for CBR (assuming Skyliner is not yet open) and if price is a major factor, save the $300 and stay at CSR. You won't regret the upgrade over ASMo.

None. Don't get me wrong because the Mods are our favorite and gives our family everything we need without busting the budget. BUT, if you are going to be at the parks all the time, why pay more $ for something you will barely use. We are going in November and staying at POP because we decided this trip we will do parks every day and not be spending much time at the resort. Saving close to $900:cool1:

We loved CBR pre-refurb and had a not-so-magical stay at CSR in May, so my vote is for CBR. It sounds as thought they've taken almost all the Disney theming out of the decor at CSR, and we didn't love the convention center aspect of that resort...it kinda ruined the "Disney bubble" for us.

I'd also recommend POFQ in a heartbeat, but not if it strains the budget. The only moderate I haven't stayed at is POR.

Honestly, though, what theming appeals to you? We loved the laid-back tropical vibe at CBR and aren't very interested in the theming at POR, so that really guides our resort selection.

I've stayed at POR and POFQ~ love both but POFQ is my favorite by far~ smaller in size so less walking, food court to me is better (beignets), and just a quieter atmosphere.
I have Disney friends who have stayed in CBR and CRS~ they hated CSR bc of it's size.... and love the atmosphere of CBR~ but said they would not stay there again due to the amount of walking they had to do to bus stop and food court etc.
I'd choose POFQ if I were staying in a moderate.
However, honestly, I'd stick with ASMo preferred room and request Toy Story. The Toy Story rooms are refurbished and my whole family agreed that we liked the newly refurbished rooms better than the moderates we have stayed at. Bus service is excellent and the food court was good. Also not a long walk to the bus or food court from the rooms. So..... I'd save that money to spend in the parks (or just save the money)
I understand you want to try a moderate~ so if you decide to~ I'd go with POFQ.

Pofq is imho. More like a deluxe. Is is the best moderate resort...The pool is great and the grounds are unbeatable. Of all the moderates, od choose POFQ.
However. I also love POP. Nothing wrong with saving money and at 0300 when you are asleep. They all look the same.

Last edited:
I will probably never stay at any Moderate other than POFQ. I almost decided to stay there over Beach Club for our 2019 trip because we loved it so much hahaha.

I will probably never stay at any Moderate other than POFQ. I almost decided to stay there over Beach Club for our 2019 trip because we loved it so much hahaha.

What did you love so much about it? Never stayed, always wanted to, but hesitate to move away from the Deluxe right now.

We stayed at POFQ and really liked it. I LOVED the small footprint since we only had one non-park day. But if I were spending more time on resort I would prefer POR (we went there on our non-park day) since it is so sprawling and relaxing seeming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter