Which Moderate/ CBR or POR/POFQ

blake1

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. I need to make a decision on which moderate to book. I have never stayed at a mod. before. Could someone give me some advice please. We have two children dd 10 and ds 6. Which PO resort has the mansions. I like how those rooms look, but I also like the colorfulness of CBR. I just want to pick the best one for the kids. Please rate by food court/pool/atmosphere. I know that Martinique is a building to request at CBR and Magnolia at POR. Any opinions and suggestions will be appreciated.

Our favorite moderate resort is CBR. The rooms are a bit larger than the other moderates and have a dressing curtain that allow for more privacy and makes getting ready in the am easier. The resort is laid out beautifully and if you enjoy morning strolls it is perfect. I also think that Jamaica is a great area to request. It is really close to the main building - just across the bridge.

PO Riverside has the mansions. However, I would suggest if you are going to stay there that you try for the Alligator Bayou section. They have trundle beds that your kids would be very comfortable in. The downside to AB is that it is a little more spread out. I would request BLDGs 14, 18, or 38. Also, for ease of walk to the main bldg or the bus stop, Acadian House is just as convienient as Magnolia Terrace.

Either resort you pick will be great. Have a great time.

We love POR. Have stayed in both Magnolia Bend (Magnolia Terrace) and in Alligator Bayou. Love them both. The food court was nice, good selection, not too overpriced. The quiet pools were nice. I believe that the main pool on Ole Man Island is closed for renovations at the moment. We are going back to WDW in Aug and will be staying at CBR this time. DD really wants a change of scenery. I understand that the food court is now the same as the one at POR. The pool looks pretty cool. It is probably just a matter of taste at this point. I would have been happy to be at POR again, but maybe another trip. Just be aware that all the moderates have double beds. If your kids don't mind sharing a bed, no problem. If they do, then you would be better off at POR in Alligator Bayou, with the extra trundle bed for one of them. That would be my only concern. I have read that you can rent cots at the moderates. Anyone know about that?

My favorite is CBR. I love it there and it will be the third time I've stayed there. I love the layout, having the choice of villages and just the overall feel of the resort. The food to me is great. I have not done the sit down restaurant at the resort as I usually do my sit down meals in a park. However, there is a new restaurant. The pool area to me was beautiful and all the activities that you can do at beach (boating, biking, etc.) is wonderful for kids. I think that you need to access your needs and what you want. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter